• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
2 out of those 3 are really hype, Artur, and one is not. Guess which one? lol.

And yeah, I'd consider getting a wire for me internet connection except for the fact that, well...I don't think you can get 300 metre long ethernet cables. ;)

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol. My real name is Bryce, and it's so weird hearing people say it on a stream.

I've also never seen anyone with the name spelled like Brice, even though everyone I meet spells it that way. :mad079:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think I've ever seen SKD play before.

I really like his Noel.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
But I've been on the dark side for so long, haha.

But yes, I am really looking forward to Extend Noel, she looks so stylish. CT Noel was CT, CS1 was bad and derpy, CS2 was too good, but Extend Noel looks awesome. :3c

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I saw the Canada vs USA BBCS2 thing. That...kinda actually pissed me off though, especially since the announcers kept joking about how the last USA guy that went had NEVER touched Blazblue and didn't know what he was doing and how we were all free and that. I don't know all of the Canada guys that were there, but Roldy, Kirbster, and Brice deserve better than having crap like that said about them.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I think they were just ****-talking, it was all in good fun.

Though it would have been nice if they had one Canadian and one American commentator.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I think they were just ****-talking, it was all in good fun.

Though it would have been nice if they had one Canadian and one American commentator.

I know, I know, and Brice had got some in earlier in the day. Was still mad disrespectful though.

And I agree having it be one Canadian and one American on commentary would've been better for sure.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I know, I know, and Brice had got some in earlier in the day. Was still mad disrespectful though.

And I agree having it be one Canadian and one American on commentary would've been better for sure.
I mean its not like anyone else does that, and I'm sure that Canadian commentators have never done the same either.

Just part of the scene.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
There was one video where the commentator just flat out said he hated white people.
:dizzy:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I dislike blazblue commentary because everything is a bait to them. Nobody ever just happens to get lucky or be in the right place at the right time.

"Someone bursted after being hit with spark bolt. BURST BAIT."

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You should have heard the Marvel stream.

Their commentary was so much worse.
I actually like Marvel commentary. :ohwell: (but SF commentary is still my favorite)

I never really listened to BB commentary since I've rarely watched streams for it.
The only commentators I remember are Xie and Dacid. Anyone else wasn't really memorable.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I love SF commentary too.

It's pretty much the main reason why I watch SF streams. That and C. Viper.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I kind of agree that the BB commentators I've seen are ******** about bursts. They assume that no matter what happens, the player did it on purpose.

Someone bursts in a terrible place during a combo from Hakumen, to the point where they slowly fall down after the burst into haku's 5c. BURST BAIT? No, that was just a really dumb burst that gave hakumen a free 5c.

Is anyone here going to the national tourney in Cali?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
The Marvel commentary seemed alright to me. I didn't see much SF, and like...none of the Tekken so can't comment. The MK commentary was pretty good, and hell, KOF's was good since whenever there was downtime they were like trying to get people to buy the game, lol.

Yeah, the issue with the BB commentators is that they really didn't seem to know much. But, that could kinda just be me being used to having Dacidbro being knowledgeable AND hilarious on commentary. I dunno, I know a lot of people would've done the same, but the couple of times I did commentary on the old Ottawa Smash tournaments and that one Ottawa BB thing, I tried to be respectful.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I've done commentary before, and it's kinda tricky to talk about what's going on and keep pace with the match, and keep an eye on all the important stuff, and try to keep it entertaining. It's really fun though.

Although there was one time when I was doing with one of the TOs of FFI, who doesn't play BB. So, basically I spent all the sets just explaining how the characters and mechanics worked and stuff. Which was fine and I was happy to do it, but I doubt it was really interesting to someone watching it.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Just got done with NEC Guilty Gear, commentary was pretty much "Oh my god" "Wow" "This game is godlike" and "(player's name)". :3

That game is godlike though.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689

I'm gonna start practicing it again.

I also made a May 6p one, but since I think I'll be sticking with Chipp I will post it here as well. :/

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, Guilty Gear is, obviously without a doubt, Godlike.

And you know guys, it's weird but...I almost have this strange urge to take a brief temporary break from Blazblue. I don't know if it's because I had a couple bad nights, because CSX is coming out in just over 2 months, of if I've been playing it anywhere from 3-6 days out of the week (even if it's just for an hour, but still) since like...BBCS1 came out for every week, but I think it might do me some good to back off a bit, and watch some stuff to try and re-evaluate and re-define my approach.

Maybe I'll pick something up mind-wise from playing KOFXIII, be ready for it again after some Uncharted 3, and want something faster paced after wrapping up a "Mass Effect 3 prep" file on ME2. I dunno, it's hard to explain explain and truthfully I'll probably just wind up playing less on average and less often. It's like, something I don't necessarily WANT to do, but something that I feel with how I've been the past week about things that I probably SHOULD do.

Edit: Side note, any chance on a Faust or Millia one of those being around?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I could make one, I have everyone's sprites from Reload plus A.B.A and O.Sol from Slash.

I have BB sprites too, but none of the DLC characters.

Edit:

I finally got a laptop a while back, so I'm setting up GG for netplay. Playing GG with an arcade stick is great. :3

Top Bottom