• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Wait, you mean wolf follow-ups are really good? Who woulda thought? But...Valkenhayn yeah, is pretty good. Though with all the Hakumen buffs supposedly coming in CSX...oh lord, that's gonna be freaking scary.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
That's what I said X__X! Hakumen's damage in EX looks soooooo scary! He gets 9k with only a few points of meter! I thought he would be top tier with all that damage he's able to get... It'll make me even more paranoid about counters when EX comes around X__X.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
That's what I do. Only offline too. :3c

I'm playing GG right now, and it's pretty baller.

edit: It's actually a legit tactic, if Hakumen is counter-happy. You can't tech a counter throw.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Also, I don't know if it's just online, but I saw a bunch of Litchi vs Hakumen matches and whenever Litchi was on the pole and Hakumen tried to use D Counter on it, it wouldn't work and he'd get kicked in the head.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I've been trying to practice GG at least once a month. I'm focusing on using Jam at the moment.
I feel like playing Mu has given me a greater understanding of how to play Dizzy, which is pretty cool. I haven't really played her a whole lot before. I used to play Baiken, but I'm playing against people who mash, so... I can't really do anything.

It's still fun though.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I know. I was like "why do they even BOTHER having that Aksys logo there if they're just showing Marvel, and later AE?". Like I get they're apparently 90 minutes behind, but still man. if they have 3 separate rooms, shouldn't there be 3 separate streams. I mean, APPARENTLY there's one for Tekken, but that's about it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I feel like playing Mu has given me a greater understanding of how to play Dizzy, which is pretty cool. I haven't really played her a whole lot before. I used to play Baiken, but I'm playing against people who mash, so... I can't really do anything.

It's still fun though.
I haven't played Mu but I guess Mu helps you grasp corner control better for playing Dizzy.
I like the way DIzzy plays though. Bubble loops and you can deal more than half of their health after a throw if they fall for the reset.
The problem is that I see no real reason to keep playing it because I have no one to play it with.

It's still fun though. :3c
If only there was a re-release with netplay. But then I'll stop playing it like most games since lag would frustrate me. :ohwell:
FRCs would be near impossible
Yeah, I know. I was like "why do they even BOTHER having that Aksys logo there if they're just showing Marvel, and later AE?". Like I get they're apparently 90 minutes behind, but still man. if they have 3 separate rooms, shouldn't there be 3 separate streams. I mean, APPARENTLY there's one for Tekken, but that's about it.
You're not obligated anything like another stream for your favorite game. Just go watch videos on YT or some other stream.
Sorry to sound harsh, but your post just sounds really ungrateful. Separate equipment for each game using the same internet is a lot to ask for.

They have representatives from Namco there so a Tekken stream isn't surprising, and Spooky isn't the one streaming the 3D games.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Aksys is probably sponsoring the tournament.

Aksys Games has just joined our Family. Glad to have them on board for NEC12

"BlazBlue players, are you ready for the next Rebel? Aksys Games proud to announce that it is bringing the yet unreleased console version of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND to NEC 2011! For the first time in North America, players will be able to try out some of the new console only features in BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND!

Not only that, but Aksys Games will sweeten the deal by adding a $500 bonus to BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II tournament pot. Whether you're on the fence about coming to NEC or competing in BlazBlue, this should help change your mind!"

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
If you think my post was complaining about a lack of Blazblue stream and in any way feeling obligated for us to get one, then you've grossly misunderstood the point I was attempting to make. I have NO IDEA how a post pointing out that something that implies equal representation should at least have a secondary stream is coming across as ungrateful and entitled. And as such equal representation is hard to do when part way through the MK stream, it suddenly gets "vetoed on importance" and the stream stops in order to try and help the Capcom Stream. That's not being ungrateful and saying anything is owed, that's simply pointing out that mixed messages are being sent. And I should again mention that pointing out that something is the case and how people are going to feel in no way shape or form equals feeling that way yourself.

Edit: Yeah, I already saw that thing about Aksys, Rutger. Which...you would think would make the point I apparently was trying to make valid if not for the fact it was not what I was saying. :urg:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Can't really help it, Capcom is too popular in the US.

From what I've heard Spooky makes a living off of his streams, if that's so then he is going to have to cater to what the majority wants.

I mean, I would have loved to see some Melty and hell, Team Spooky's logo even has Shiki in it, but the stream would be pretty dead during it.

It's disappointing but it's not like there are not already hundreds of videos for other games so it's not too bad.
And there's always the chance that someone is recording some of it. :/

and this.
St1ckBuG on the dustloop said:
There's no anime stream. I will record everything and upload it later in the week.

Sorry guys. Only limited bandwidth at the venue.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
It's probably exaggerated, from back when he had his stuff confiscated.

At the very least he(or they?) make money off of it that would no doubt help them.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
NEC XII results:

1: SKD
2: Lord Knight
3: Brice
4: Xie
5: OmniSScythe
5: Romeyurhomey
7: Superscience
7: Kirbster
9: Tonberry
9: K2
9: Leo7
9: Troll Badguy
13: Team Bowflex| A.X.I.S
13: Kousaka
13: LanSX
13: Roldy
17: Scott Kinclaid
17: Happy Medicine
17: Comic-Z
17: ehrik
17: Rayza
17: Lord Pang Tong
17: DRS| Shakugan
17: Braver
25: 50/50
25: Rainbow Mash
25: Pochp
25: Andraemon
25: ZAK 5
25: wyvern Lord
25: Mindgame
25: Rokunaya
33: Skellie
33: Level 5 - chan
33: Erik
33: Infinitechaos
33: Peanut Fever
33: Tone
33: Jesse
33: Mike Napalm
33: Blackout
33: Seven
33: Nick Extreme
33: Biscuits
49: Mr Krabbzz

St1ckBuG also mentioned that he has a lot of stuff recorded and will be putting it up on his YT channel. Stuff like top 8, US vs. Canada, and Extend casuals.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Canada reppin' dat top 8 pretty good. :3c

edit: Well, Montreal, mostly. But a lot of Canadians did really well. I'm looking forward to seeing top 8 matches.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'll say. He's been bodying me with it for like 13 months now, lol.

Also:

It's pretty cool and crazy that Brice got 3rd when he plays Tager. Oh lord, when CSX comes out...eep.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So...weirdest things been happening the past 2 nights. I go online with my PS3 and go to play Blazblue, and it takes forever starting up checking 'for downloadable content'. When it finally does, I go to go to Network and it takes a bit there, yet I'm unable to join rooms and my connection goes from "30% (since remember, I play in the basement and my router's on the main floor)" down to anywhere from 5% to 10%, before then saying I've been disconnected from the Playstation Network. Yet, I then re-connect and am able to play things like Uncharted 3 online just fine. Was able to get ONE online game that was a ranked match last night but it was really laggy. I have no idea what's going on since you'd think if it was the disc PSN would be fine.

I guess uh, I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same problem?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Sounds like a problem with your internet.
That's what I thought initially, but shouldn't Uncharted 3 have had the same thing happen? Though...I guess it has a tendency to be 'unpredictable' at times as I'm sure people who have played with me on here can sometimes attend to in that sometimes I'm +3, and others I'm 0.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
That's what I thought initially, but shouldn't Uncharted 3 have had the same thing happen? Though...I guess it has a tendency to be 'unpredictable' at times as I'm sure people who have played with me on here can sometimes attend to in that sometimes I'm +3, and others I'm 0.

I've had it it too and it's incredibly frustrating. My internet connection just wasn't reliable enough. I fixed it with a wired set-up. It boosted my speed and my internet is good now yaaaay.

So yeah I'm with SpeltokyoGamer7, the unpredictability is likely due to your connection.

:052:

Top Bottom