• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
How the **** do you propose they nerf Hazama without reworking him entirely?
They could just slow down some startups, take out a bit of startup invincibility, reduce range of some things, or lower damage/meter gain. I'm not saying they necessarily should, I'm just saying that's an example of how they could.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Start-ups of what exactly? The chains are the only thing I could really justify and if you slow them to a point where he can't zone with them like Hazama is designed to do, then is it still the same character? He only has invincibility of note on Jayakou and his stance-B and one is a super while the other does have significant start-up because it comes out of a stance input. What do you want to reduce the range of, his aerials don't have obnoxiously long range and his grounded moves, as a rule of thumb, have pretty short range. He has a few long pokes, but they don't rival half the cast. Do you want them to lower the range on the chains? That looks to me like a good way to make him incredibly bad. How do you want them to lower his damage? You lower it a little and it doesn't matter. You lower it a lot and you end up with CS1 Rachel again. What about his meter gain? The super meter adds options, but it's far from what makes him obnoxious.

I'm not being an *** here, I'm just pointing it out. I don't think any of those ways are where you want to go.

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
if i were to nerf haz id lower his damage, keep his meter gain the same, lower the attack level on chains, while not buffing his movement, keep the chain system the same as cs2, take off all invul off his command grab, nerf 5a hitbox and 3c hitbox... but that's if i wanted to make him really bad.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Start-ups of what exactly? The chains are the only thing I could really justify and if you slow them to a point where he can't zone with them like Hazama is designed to do, then is it still the same character? He only has invincibility of note on Jayakou and his stance-B and one is a super while the other does have significant start-up because it comes out of a stance input. What do you want to reduce the range of, his aerials don't have obnoxiously long range and his grounded moves, as a rule of thumb, have pretty short range. He has a few long pokes, but they don't rival half the cast. Do you want them to lower the range on the chains? That looks to me like a good way to make him incredibly bad. How do you want them to lower his damage? You lower it a little and it doesn't matter. You lower it a lot and you end up with CS1 Rachel again. What about his meter gain? The super meter adds options, but it's far from what makes him obnoxious.

I'm not being an *** here, I'm just pointing it out. I don't think any of those ways are where you want to go.

Well, you asked for ways that people could potentially nerf things about Hazama without changing him entirely as a character, and I suggested a couple. As I said, in no way do I think those changes NEED to be made, or even SHOULD be made, it was simply a matter of "person A asks a question, person B gives an answer". I've been fine with Hazama where he is and I've never looked at him as a character that needs nerfing, I just simply pointed out he's somebody they don't nerf, and that if they chose to, those were things they could do. I'm sorry if it came across otherwise, but in no way am I trying to complain about Hazama or propose that things about him need nerfing.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It's what I do!

Haha, in all seriousness, I do think his meter gain is a little silly, and it's probably the only thing that I would change. But I like LK's idea of nerfing his damage a little, but keeping his meter gain the same.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol do you just wait for me to post to complain about whatever I say?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
What would give you that impression? I've replied to you once, and you said "IMO", which implies you actually think that, not merely as a hypothetical nerf to actually break him.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've posted on this topic once.

It was ... my opinion, of what they should do to hypothetically break him.

How are you even comfortable with that stick being up your *** all the time.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Clearly a reaction face is picking a fight, as opposed to a picture expression on how absurd a nerf that is.

*eyeroll*

As opposed to saying I have a stick up my ***.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Clearly a reaction face is picking a fight, as opposed to a picture expression on how absurd a nerf that is.

*eyeroll*

As opposed to saying I have a stick up my ***.
Yeah clearly you were just trying to hold my hands and dance around singing it's a wonderful life.

My mistake.

arturefo

Smash Journeyman
I was actually thinking of the English VA when I said that, had no idea it was the same in Japanese, lmao. But I guess it makes sense when you think that Noel/Mu, and Lambda/Nu are clones of Saya, so uh...them having the same VA isn't that crazy.

What's news to me is that Tsubaki and Kokonoe's voice actor is the same. I just dunno, can't see it.
kokonoe and tsubaki have the same VA?i didnt knew that :surprised:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
It's so easy to punish a Hakumen that spams counters. :3

I would probably like the matchup more if Tao didn't have horrible health. Valk vs. Hakumen is fun though.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Doesn't Valk have horrible HP too? And old man primers to boot?

I'm learning how to love playing against Hazama. It's taking a while though. :I

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
He has 10500, which is about average and is better than Tao's 9500.

Him being stupidly good helps too. :3

Top Bottom