• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Yeah, I believe Valk is the best.

List looks fine for something so early. I imagine it will change a lot in time, but Valk will always be on top in CSE imo.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
A bunch about that tier I have to disagree with. Yeah, Tager may not be crap tier, but I don't see him being high/mid B tier. I thought Carl was supposed to be low B, and Mu high A, as well as thinking Ragna was in the middle. Plus, Jin and Litchi always seem to start off ranked low and then rise up a good bit, and Noel's changes REALLY don't look like they would drop her down that much. Mid B, MAYBE, but not low C.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
The C and D tiers need a bit of reworking... Especially Noel's placement. Sure, she got nerfed... But the changes aren't THAT damaging for her gameplay. In my opinion, she's mid B tier.

EDIT: I also thought Hakumen would be S tier as well with all that damage he can dish out.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I don't get how a character like Jin who got almost nothing but buffs and was a contender for top five is now supposedly bottom five.

That just makes no sense. Unless everyone else is now better, which I seriously doubt.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I think you all might be looking at this list the wrong way.

Valkenhayn's place is the only one that matters on this list imo, everyone else needs more time to find their place. :/

I can't even find this list on Dustloop...

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't get how a character like Jin who got almost nothing but buffs and was a contender for top five is now supposedly bottom five.

That just makes no sense. Unless everyone else is now better, which I seriously doubt.
Jin didn't get many buffs... :S

The only notable buffs he got were ... a ice car wallbounding, faster air icicles and 2d breaking primers.

The nerfs he got were 6c sends too far to combo from 90% of the time, effectively ruining or at least greatly shortening all of his mid screen combos, his j.b and j.2c both got serious hitbox nerfs, 2c > 5c gatling was taken out, a few other normals were made non-jump cancellable, 6a and 623c don't break primers anymore, 2c's p1 was changed to 70 (which is really dumb because it's his only non-super that FCs...), others things probably that i'm forgetting too...

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Hmmm, I dunno. I remember hearing that Jin got a lot of buffs, but I could be wrong.

I think you all might be looking at this list the wrong way.

Valkenhayn's place is the only one that matters on this list imo, everyone else needs more time to find their place. :/

I can't even find this list on Dustloop...
I agree, it's just someone's opinion.

It wasn't in an obvious place, it was in one of the character general discussions or something. Jin's, I think.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Wait, Jin's 2D breaks primers now? Oh lordy...lol.

And uh...is anybody a techie or know any? That stupid HDMI thing happened AGAIN. Like...8 days after getting the new cable with my PS3 saying it recognizes it. So um...yeah.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm thinking if the PS3 recognizes them (which it does), it must be something with the TV. Uh...it's the first HDTV I've owned and it's a JVC that I got used without the instruction manual. Does anybody know if maybe you have to uh...set up an HDTV or HDMI parts of an HDTV to avoid problems?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I actually noticed that on a couple of pktazn videos, so I think you might be right. It'll be interesting how that turns out though, I gotta say.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Uh...so you guys won't believe this but, you know that HDMI issue I had? Well, it uh...fixed itself and I did NOTHING. Maybe when I fell backwards up the front steps and it semi-landed on me bringing it into the house when I first got it, (though granted it couldn't have fallen more than 2 feet, at most and I wound up taking the brunt of the fall/cushioning it) it made some wires loose and wonky. You know, so it has to be in a specific position and any movement or whatever will get it weird.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Ooooh KoFXIII... I was wondering if it was worth getting or not... Still wondering if I should get it, but I have no idea if it's good or not. Also, I'm glad your problem got fixed, Livewire ^__^!

Also, just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to you all ^__^!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
At first I saw that Jin's 2D breaks primers and I was stoked. Then I saw that 6C was ruined and that 623C no longer breaks primers and I cried a river of tears.

:phone:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
You sound more excited about the soundtrack than the game itself. :laugh:

Lmao, nah. I totally wanted the game as soon as it came out. The soundtrack was just a sweet deal. Granted, after playing it for 3 hours, Saiki is cheap as hell, and Dark Ash is quite possibly the cheapest and most evil thing I've ever fought against with his ability to throw 4 fireballs at once. Anyway, I'll leave the KOFXIII discussion for the fighting game thread. I will say, it's really good so far, dualseeker.

And thanks for the link, Lythi. I'll check it out.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Cool, I might check it out later. I don't think I'll hop in and risk lagging up the room though. My PSN's been off/on a bit today, and my folks are watching a web stream of the Toronto/Dallas NHL game. That, and I went to spend an hour on Uncharted 3 and wound up putting in 3, lol.

Top Bottom