• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Oh, thanks! :bee:

Sorry, I am a little slap-happy at the moment. I have been staring at my computer for hours while uploading Youtube videos, and drank a whole bottle of wine.

But them's the breaks.

So... how 'bout dat Extend?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Oh, thanks! :bee:

Sorry, I am a little slap-happy at the moment. I have been staring at my computer for hours while uploading Youtube videos, and drank a whole bottle of wine.

But them's the breaks.

So... how 'bout dat Extend?
Um....white or red? Because, and even being straight-edge, if it was red wine, I'd understand, but if it's white...oh lordy if you get into red. :scared:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I want platinum to be top tier just because that would be hilarious.

Like bob from tekken being top tier.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Um....white or red? Because, and even being straight-edge, if it was red wine, I'd understand, but if it's white...oh lordy if you get into red. :scared:
Just white.

I don't actually enjoy red wine very much, for the most part.

I want platinum to be top tier just because that would be hilarious.

Like bob from tekken being top tier.
No landing recovery on j.C? Faster 5B? Item buffs? Comboable cat hammer?

/inb4platissssssssssssssstier

Not really, but I think she'll be really good.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't even realize j.c had landing recovery. :054:
Shows how much of a scrub I am.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It has, like, one frame or something. I don't know the exact number, but it's enough that she can't do a lot off of a j.C.

edit: Also, you're not a scrub, I just know way too much about frame data for my own good. Seriously. :I

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
No wonder why I can never combo off of a jump-in j.c. D:

I need to learn more frame data. I barely know anything about my own character's.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
On CH, you can combo j.C > 5C on a standing opponent. In the air, you can pretty much do whatever, since they're untechable until they hit the ground. It's also a 100 P1 starter. :3c

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
On CH, you can combo j.C > 5C on a standing opponent. In the air, you can pretty much do whatever, since they're untechable until they hit the ground. It's also a 100 P1 starter. :3c
Yeah I can combo it on an air hit, just not a ground hit. Even a CH in that situation is tough for me.

Also that's kind of ridiculous, lol. I should really start comboing off of it more then.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Can any1 confirm that relius has a stance that makes him invul for a brief period of frames?
Yes.

Led Ley (236A)
Relius spins around while temporarily being in a state of invincibility
Though it is completely invincible during its active frame it also has a long startup which makes it unconvenient to use as a reversal. It can also dodge projectiles.
No matter if you can't predict whether Relius will be hit or if he'll evade the opponent's attack, the move makes him look like a matador (in a taunt-like way)
It can also be used to taunt the opponent while Ignis is on screen rushing towards him.
Yeah I can combo it on an air hit, just not a ground hit. Even a CH in that situation is tough for me.

Also that's kind of ridiculous, lol. I should really start comboing off of it more then.
Yeah, it's a weird hitconfirm. I almost never see people actually use it. :p

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
The only problem is that I think he's going to mainly be rushdown and they're generally not my thing.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I've been set on playing Relius ever since I've realized he is the closest I will get to Maids in BB.

We will see if I stick with that. :/

Welp, it's like P4 girl version.
It's the best we're going to get unfortunately.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I just realized that Relius is an evil old man wearing a purple cape who rushes down all day and calls out a female who hits the opponent to help him start or extend his combos and then disappears afterwards.

HE'S MAG-****ING-NETO.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I just realized that Ingus is an evil old man wearing a purple cape who rushes down all day and calls out a female who hits the opponent to help him start or extend his combos and then disappears afterwards.

HE'S MAG-****ING-NETO.

Relius? Ignus?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Oh god Relius is going to have a ****ing stupid loop that's the same move ten times in a row

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I just realized that Relius is an evil old man wearing a purple cape who rushes down all day and calls out a female who hits the opponent to help him start or extend his combos and then disappears afterwards.

HE'S MAG-****ING-NETO.
Dayummmmm.

Can I call "Ignis" Psylocke now? Or should I call her Storm?

Smooth Criminal

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Smooth, MSP players rarely call Storm.

Or at least it's rare compared to how often they call Psylocke.

In fact, Fanatiq is one of the best MSP players and he never calls Storm. He can't because he uses a one-button dash instead of his first assist.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I start attempting to transition to using my stick last week.
So far it's not going well.

I can't do lv 2 top combos anymore, I always get grab and barrier confused (lol), and rapiding is really awkward. Which sucks because I love rapiding.

Also i'm in class, where the teacher is currently telling us how to use the internet. I think this counts as on task?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Most definitely.

Also, when you're transitioning to stick, keep in mind that it will take a week before you get used to it, and about another week until you are as good as you are with a pad.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'd say it takes longer than that. I've have mine for 7 weeks and I'm still not 100% up to where I was with pad in execution, despite being past where I was in knowledge.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's been a week and i'm still not used to it. :(

Granted i've spent most of my time playing against computers but that's only because i'm still not even used to the basic things like movement and whatnot.

And I have trouble with commands like 236, 632146, etc because i end up pressing the buttons before I actually finish the motion.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Rapid Cancelling shouldn't feel too weird IMO. Make sure you have the controls set to how the arcade layout if you haven't.
Just grind it out against computers and in training and eventually you'll get used to the arcade stick.

And yeah, 641236 motions are difficult on stick at first.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I have it like

abc
d

I'm just not too familiar with pressing multiple buttons for stuff. Also why I suck at barrier/grabbing.

Top Bottom