• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Oh well. Still interesting how you can burst through it. I don't think I'd have the guts the try that. I don't know how easy/hard it is to avoid his distortion counter with other characters. With Rachel, I just super jump and wind.

On a funny note, I beat my friend's Hakument by doing a Barrier Burst to break his guard. He already bursted during the match so it was a free combo for me. :laugh:

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484

On a funny note, I beat my friend's Hakument by doing a Barrier Burst to break his guard. He already bursted during the match so it was a free combo for me. :laugh:
I did that today as well, but my opponent had his burst so no combo.

I like to use the burst offensively from time to time. Since Litchi has such a good corner game, sometimes I'll just burst to get my opponent into the corner. I don't do it often, it's just too risky. Only when I'm feeling adventurous. Although, apparently in Continuum Shift you don't go into danger mode after you burst, and you can build up more than one burst. So I might actually try to work offensive bursts into my play style, if only as an ace in the hole.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I did that today as well, but my opponent had his burst so no combo.

I like to use the burst offensively from time to time. Since Litchi has such a good corner game, sometimes I'll just burst to get my opponent into the corner. I don't do it often, it's just too risky. Only when I'm feeling adventurous. Although, apparently in Continuum Shift you don't go into danger mode after you burst, and you can build up more than one burst. So I might actually try to work offensive bursts into my play style, if only as an ace in the hole.
It'd be nice to consciously know how to do it when the situation arises, so you can pull a BEAST comeback.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
It'd be nice to consciously know how to do it when the situation arises, so you can pull a BEAST comeback.
I did it again today, and almost pulled off the comeback. Stupid laser sword distortion drive :(

Interestingly enough, when I did it this time there was no specific timing. The attack clashed with my pre-burst animation (for Litchi, that's when she puts her hand to her forehead), and then I did the burst.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Yeah I've been in that situation, if they start trying to combo you during a burst, you just turn stone and don't move, then the burst happens when they are done comboing.
I've done it a few times.
Thought I've only played the game for a collective...Maybe 11 hours, so my input isn't exactly great yet.

After next Thursday I'll prolly' play it every single day.

Sukai

Smash Champion

I'm interested in how that worked, if I recall, under no circumstance, can you kill with a Gold Offensive burst.
Did he tech and get hit with another attack?

On a different note, being an Arakune main, I love that comic.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm interested in how that worked, if I recall, under no circumstance, can you will with a Gold Offensive burst.
Did he tech and get hit with another attack?

On a different note, being an Arakune main, I love that comic.
I don't know too much about bursts. I just wasn't too afraid of Hakumen so I decided to burst for fun to try and push him away. I knew that Hakumen's kinda screwed when he's low on health and he's on the other side of the screen from Rachel. Guess I got lucky that his guard ended up breaking. Saved me the trouble.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Me and my typos, I swear I type too fast.
I meant to say, "If I recall, under no circumstance, can you kill with a burst of any kind."
They'd have to tech out or something.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
i've always wanted to play this game. but i dont' think its gonna get big.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
My main is rachel and i have a hard time with jins. its so annoying
I use to have the most difficult time with Jin (now it's just Litchi and Noel). Just try to watch how the Jin plays and try to take advantage of any mistakes.
Lots of bad Jin's like Ice Car a lot. You shouldn't have too many problems with those. If you do, learn to use your pumpkins better or learn to IB his Ice Car.
I use to also get hit by Jin's wakeup DP. Now I learn to bait them them to do it. Just block and 6B if they try it.

You can wreck bad Jins that try to be too aggressive by counter hitting or using 2C on them. They'll play way more conservatively. Pretty funny stuff.
If you're fighting a good Jin, it doesn't really work.

And of course, frogs help too.
It's not the best advice really, but it's all I can give. lol

Just go watch videos of MSY, Shadow, or whoever for the proper way to deal with them.

What I'm trying to say is, is just go watch some videos or read up on Dustloop. XD

Sukai

Smash Champion
Nu is zoning, Rachel is zoning and close up mad *** pressure with high damage combos that require no meter other than her Silpheed.
Nu has high damage combos, but they all require a Rapid Cancel of some sort.

Arakune has very high damage out put and really effective zoning, but the problem with him is that he loses to the other Top Tiers, which are his only bad match ups.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Wouldn't her 6A work?
I never tried it. I'm usually holding back or waiting just to IB the Ice Car.
Plus, I'm sometimes slow, so the Ice Car will hit me before 6A.

People say Perfect block is the way to go. but i cant do that when i want because the lack of time i can put in this game.
Honestly, don't let Jin have the advantage by letting him do what he wants.
Try to put him on the defensive. Try to use frogs, pumpkins, and her projectiles. If he always has the chance to Ice Car without getting punished for it, you should try to reevaluate your strategy.

Watching videos how pro Rachel's deal with the matchup should help.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Its funny to me that not until everyone realized that IB'ing stuff is normally the best option against some character's attacks.

I tend to forget if its 6 or 9 frames of punishable on block against Jin's Ice Car but the more you play these game a 1/10'th of a second to do something no longer presents that much of a challenge...

We just might get to 1 frame windows in fighting games eventually...that'll be funny honestly.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Work your reflexes, sometimes the A Ice Car help them get away with it, because they can do something else while you're expecting the second hit that never comes.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
honestly, if you're having problems with ice car spammers, just sit and wait. if they try to throw you off with a ice cars as well, somehow they're smart enough to mix up their game, but not smart enough to actually mix it up ><

if they only spam the b/c's, just block that ****. you don't *need* instant block to punish it. after the second hit, go for b-cdc-bseed-sword iris-pumpkin oki.

if the jins you have trouble with aren't ice car racers, though, you just need to tighten up your game. like minato said, don't let them keep you on the defensive, if possible. it is easier said than done, but most of that's experience. don't be afraid to test things to find out when it's safe to throw out pokes to try and break blockstrings and get the b-cdc chain set to muscle memory as that'll COMPLETELY reset momentum in your favor.

my main problems come from litchi's. i can't figure out how to steal momentum back ;x her dp into comboes that corner me are nasty and her corner game is really really hard for rachel to deal with so once i get stuck there i tend to either get lucky or get destroyed hard ;x

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Just noticed this thread...

Any 360 owners around here want to get some games in? (Rachel/Tager main, picking up Carl/Tao/Ragna)

Oh, and I don't know if anyone's noticed, but if you break someone's Guard Libra with a Burst then they WILL NOT die, even with Tager's 720. They will still die if you break it legitimately.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
my main problems come from litchi's. i can't figure out how to steal momentum back ;x her dp into comboes that corner me are nasty and her corner game is really really hard for rachel to deal with so once i get stuck there i tend to either get lucky or get destroyed hard ;x
It's funny that you say that, as Minato also said he has problems with Litchi. I don't have any real feelings towards the match-up: I'd say I'm about 50-50 against Rachels I've played. The one thing that annoys me is that I like to IAD into 5c as a counter hit, and Rachel's anti-air is one of the best in the game :(

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It's funny that you say that, as Minato also said he has problems with Litchi.
Yeah. Litchi matches are still difficult for me. I only win some matches, but they're all due to luck.
I've noticed I played too defensively as I did against Jins in the past.
I tried watching videos, but I only found one good one with MSY (I wasn't searching hard, really).

I still need to read it up on Dustloop though.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
yeah, i think the last ranking i read had litchi v rachel at about...5.5-4.5 or 6-4. it's mostly about how ****ing hard it is to safely get in on a litchi ;x if you ever lose momentum and she pushes you towards the corner, just start looking for a pillow to bite ;x i really need to remember to use counter assault, now that i think about it. i'm still really focused on controlling my inputs as opposed to mashing b or whatever trying to get out of stuff, so it never pops into my head to ca during blockstrings ;x

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
There is a new Loc test tomorrow. I'll let you guys know what's up. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for crazy buffs for everybody. Until then, enjoy this

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
So who here plays with an arcade stick and who plays on pad? I prefer the Dualshock for fighting games (the main reason I got a PS3 was because of the controller). I've tried 6-button pads, and I don't like losing the two extra shoulder buttons. I've tried to use stick before as well, but I just can't get any feel for it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I use an arcade stick. A HRAP2:SA with a converter.
I tried using a pad once. I can do my combos still, but my execution and speed isn't as great as on stick.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I have the Hori Fighting Stick for PS3. And I modded my Mad Catz one, but I don't much care for it, truthfully.

Jam, if you want to learn how to play on a stick, you will have to put in lots of practice to get your old skills back. I know I sure did. I couldn't get it either, at first.

Top Bottom