• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big PSA List thread *updated 02/16/10*

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
lol we discussed this already.

361 degrees (or 169 in hex) is the Sakurai Angle. The angle scales with the knockback, meaning at higher %s the angle changes. So a move like Sonic's Bair may hit at 10º at 0% but at 60% will hit at a 58º angle or something. The angle also allows a move to trip, even if they do not have a clear trip rate %. An example of this would be to look at Ganondorf's Fair hitbox, or even his Dair hitbox. You will see that they do not have the trip rate % but the angle is 169 (361º) thus, allowing a certain trip rate (though it is unknown what the % is with the angle, one could assume it is 1%).
Wait.
Wait a god**** minute.

IN HEX IT'S 169!? OH MOTHER FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I was using 361 that in hex. fffffffffffffff

EDIT: No. Wait. I was using 169 in hex. The move still hits the opponent behind me.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
I have some Link and Jiggly bone listings gathered the same way if you'd like it.
Shweet, and someone on KC:MM has a list of Lucario's. We could start compiling a master list. :D

Also. Imma check the angle on Marth's fair, 'cause it seems to have an odd tripping rate as well.

shanus

Smash Hero
99% sure that first JumpF and JumpB are full hop, the second JumpF and JumpB are short hops.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Thatguy, you don't enter the angle in decimal, you enter it as hex. Hex for 361 is 169, and you enter it as a value, not a scalar.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I've found what you need to detect joystick inputs. Here 'tis:

*~If Joystick is Pressed Back~*
Compare: IC-Basic[243] >= IC-Basic[77]
Additional Req: Compare: IC-Basic[9] < IC-Basic[254]

*~If Joystick is Pressed Forward~*
Compare: IC-Basic[244] >= IC-Basic[77]

*~If Joystick is Pressed Up~*
Compare: IC-Basic[250] >= IC-Basic[114]

*~If Joystick is Pressed Down~*
Compare: IC-Basic[252] >= IC-Basic[114]

Hopefully that's pretty self-explanatory. These detect about as much joystick input as is necessary to dodge out of Lucario's/Samus' Neutral B.

shanus

Smash Hero
I've found what you need to detect joystick inputs. Here 'tis:

*~If Joystick is Pressed Back~*
Compare: IC-Basic[243] >= IC-Basic[77]

*~If Joystick is Pressed Forward~*
Compare: IC-Basic[244] >= IC-Basic[77]

*~If Joystick is Pressed Up~*
Compare: IC-Basic[250] >= IC-Basic[114]

*~If Joystick is Pressed Down~*
Compare: IC-Basic[252] >= IC-Basic[114]

Hopefully that's pretty self-explanatory. These detect about as much joystick input as is necessary to dodge out of Lucario's/Samus' Neutral B.
You sir, are awesome.

I use slightly different joystick inputs for up/down. I used IC-Basic 250 for both, and 61 instead of 114

Care to explain how you got them and how they compare?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
You sir, are awesome.

I use slightly different joystick inputs for up/down. I used IC-Basic 250 for both, and 61 instead of 114

Care to explain how you got them and how they compare?
Glad to help. I got the left/right joystick inputs from Mario's FLUDD. The up and down inputs came from Marth's Sword Dance (that's what it's called, right?). I haven't experimented with any other inputs.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
ooh now that's very good to know!

And by the by, it's Dancing Blade, not sword dance. XD

Also, I think my question got lost in this and the general PSA guide thread, so I'll re-ask: what makes it so you can use a move in the air only once before landing without going into helpless fall, so you can still do all other moves? IE, Zamus' down+b, Snake's up+b...

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Is it a special offensive collision that you're editing? You might just have certain flags set causing that to happen. We've worked with the 169 angle for a long time now. We know what it does, and what you're describing is not what it does.
Offensive Collision. I even got rid of the flags and played around with the knockback and damage. Still does the same thing.

Also, ItemAssist seems to just not be able to harbor user-created hitboxes and even working GFX; it's the only animation I just can't seem to get to work right.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Thanks for updating this leafgreen. It's a good resource.

So, continuing an earlier subject broached in this topic... turns out you can destroy items using Consume Item 0-0. I have NO idea how I missed trying that in the first place, but it works great.

Also, here are my crude bone lists.

Code:
Jiggly Bones:
22 - jab 1 hand
29 - jab 2 hand
32 - ftilt foot
6 - jiggly's center

Link Bones:
4F : Hookshot
4D - 4E : back of Link's head
46 - 4C : Up link's arm into his chest/back
3A - 45 : Link's left hand/shield
39 : Link's left elbow
38 : Link's right shoulder
37 : Link's left neck
36 : Link's left shoulder
35 : Link's left nostril
34 : Link's left cheek.
33 : Link's left lock.
32 : Link's innards?
31 : Left cheekbone.
30 : Tip of his hat.
25 : One of the fingers on his right hand?
20 : A finger
1F : inside of hand?
1E : Slightly past sword base.
1D : Sword base; where the blade becomes straight.	
1C : Sword hilt?
1B : Sword tip
1A : Sword hilt
19 : Right palm
18 : More different right wrist.
17 : Right Wrist. (perfect for hand laserblade!!!)
16 : Right Elbow.
15 : Right Shoulderblade
14 : Right Rib
13 : Right Waist
12 : Left foot.
11 : Right foot.
10 : Knee
F : Crotch
E : Left heel
D : Left ankle
1 : Middle of Link on floor.
Last, I suspect I've found an Else If command. Haven't done thorough testing with it though.

Else If (with 4 Parameters):
000D0400: 6-Requirement, 5-Variable, 0-Comparison, 5-Variable

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Posted this in the BlazBrawl compilation topic but anyways:

Event 18000100: 0-2 is responsible for lifting Zero Suit Samus's Right Leg and locking it there. (I need to test to see what this does to other characters.) So if you want to have the leg lift like her win pose or her grab attack, you must add this statement somewhere in the Sub-Action's "Other" Event List.
Might as well put it down here for future reference if for whatever reason someone needs it.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Last, I suspect I've found an Else If command. Haven't done thorough testing with it though.

Else If (with 4 Parameters):
000D0400: 6-Requirement, 5-Variable, 0-Comparison, 5-Variable
What does the Else If do? and wtf does Else If mean?

Code:
Crotch

LOL ill make a crotch attack. XD thanks for the bone list seriously tho.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Posted this in the BlazBrawl compilation topic but anyways:

Might as well put it down here for future reference if for whatever reason someone needs it.
THAT is interesting. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for posting.

What does the Else If do? and wtf does Else If mean?

LOL ill make a crotch attack. XD thanks for the bone list seriously tho.
Ah, well, you know how there's like:

If (Requirement)
Do this command
Else
If (Requirement)
Do this commands
End If
End If

Else If just combines the 3rd and 4th line there into a single command.

Oh, and no problem.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
THAT is interesting. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for posting.

Ah, well, you know how there's like:

If (Requirement)
Do this command
Else
If (Requirement)
Do this commands
End If
End If

Else If just combines the 3rd and 4th line there into a single command.

Oh, and no problem.
Cool, thank you.

shanus

Smash Hero
It hasn't been explored, but the function 0B000200 is definitely a collision function. I found by removing it I could effectively almost remove the crazy wallbounces Ness has with levels.

Other collisions tests happen with characters upB's, G&W bucket, Pits reflector shield, and Ike's Final Smash.

pretty sure its the function you are looking for, but people have yet to truly test it.

Edit:

Studying further, if you look at Ike's subaction 1EC:

You can see there is a 0B000200 0-2 0-1

This I'm pretty sure acts as an If Statement such that : If Collision, do the following:

Then you can see this psuedo If statement looks like it is turned off after a frame window later on with: 0B000200 0-0 0-FFFFFFFF

Edit Edit:

Ike's SideB uses a similar function: 0D000200 for determination of if it should swing or not.

Edit edit edit:

Ike side B:

During his sideB travel window, the function 0D000200 0-9 2-1FD1C runs

This function checks for a collision, and when it see's one, it points to location 0001FD1C, which has a function 12040100 which sets RA-Basic[3] to <=0

The 11B action then has a check for if Ra-Basic[3] <=0, it changes it into 11D which is the swordswing animation for the sideB

voila, collision function!

Now to determine how to check for if its a wall, or a person.

this needs testing
C/Pd from the other thread as this is very cool

shanus

Smash Hero
It doesn't remove it, it just seems to lessen it. I need to explore lucas more.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Eldiran, how are you finding out what bone is attached to which body part? What is your method?
I'm thinking about attaching the Shield bubble graphic to the bone so I can have a visual aid. The only problem is that I'm not sure if the size of the Shield bubble is 1:1 with the hitbox on the bone.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I use graphic 10 (which is a spark of light) on each bone at size 1 with no offset. It doesn't tell me how big the hurtboxes are (no graphic will) but I can find what the center of each bone is. Your idea's not bad -- I didn't think of placing a persistent graphic on bones. Suffice to say, though, you won't be able to tell the size of the bones, just where their central point is.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Most excellent. Please to be adding these requirements as well:

Requirement 0C: 2
- hit left wall.
Requirement 0C: 4
- hit right wall.

Requirement 0B
- hit with hitbox

camelot

Smash Ace
With this, could we possibly map a SFX to a hitbox?
Yessir.

Check it out - I made it so that Captain Falcon says "YESZ!" when he gets a sweetspot with the knee. If he doesn't sweetspot, it just plays the normal sounds. Needless to say, it's pretty awesome. Download <here>.

(I also had to remove the reverse hitbox that was on his butt, because it hit the same frame as the sweetspot, and hitting with that also made him say "YESZ!". This is on vBrawl Falcon.)

Anyway, nice find, Eldiran.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
1CB DamageFace could be the Screen KO animation.... but isn't there multiple ones of those?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Thanks! Most of the credit goes to Shanus, particularly credit for the "hit with hitbox" requirement.

I may have to give that YESZ Falcon a try... it sounds pretty awesome.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
About 0E010200 - The 4th parameter seems to deal with if it stacks with the current momentum, or overrides it completely. It's not ALWAYS the case, but it seems to impact it at some level. Maybe camelot can look into it. (Is there some way I can contact you through a messenger?)
How can I use this so that a subaction keeps a the current momentum instead of moving down? (If I'm going up from the use of a jump and I interrupt the jump with said subaction, the momentum from the jump cancels and I start going downward.)

Top Bottom