• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

JTsm

Smash Master
I don't do science, Gio.

:denzel:

OMG the hail is getting bigger.

Im grabbing a beer.
Dat reaction. :denzel:

So yeah I think me and fZk are "brawled" out or whatever. Strong chance I might go to Kevin's tourney however, since I need to give his Wii back (assuming he goes). But if he doesn't go then idk when I can bring it back, but hopefully at a smashfest or something. IMPULSE pretty much got me just staying home til the rest of July.

fZk

Smash Lord
Yeah I feel the same way, the only reason I might be going is to get my Wii back and team with Tech since I promised him. Definitely IMPULSE took a lot out of me and was by far the worst ran tournament I've ever been. To call it an amateur job is an insult to amateurs, it was awful.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Wow. And they dont even see a problem with it. Thats the worst I will never go to a tournament organized by someone who doesn't see the issue with that. At least Tech (<3) saw his issues and fixed them.

JTsm

Smash Master
I can understand pools being late by like 1 hour but not 3. I mean cmon, 71 entrants really isn't that much. Get on Tech's level pls.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Impulse did some things wrong with tournament running, but there were some bright spots. I can't speak for the Brawl TOs there, but the Melee TOs were very capable of listening to on-the-spot feedback and trying to correct the issues. I suggested that they move around some tables to reduce the traffic in certain areas of the venue and they did it, and when I pointed out the time bottleneck with trying to get everything on the stream they started calling matches to be played on other recording setups.

JTsm

Smash Master
Yeah the Melee side of things were pretty successful. I really enjoyed the crews and how everything ran. I just didn't understand how they couldn't run Brawl events along side Melee events.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I think part of it is they wanted to cram a ton of bracket sets on the stream, which slows things down big time. Especially since bracket sets can only happen after the bracket sets from the previous round have been played. It didn't help that there was no loud microphone or PA system to communicate quickly with everyone. In those situations I'm a big advocate of shutting down literally all TVs/friendlies at the venue and only then starting to make announcements. It's not easy to get everyone's attention, but ends up being so worth it if you don't have to repeat answers a million times or shout at the top of your lungs.

kd-

Smash Lord
Every problem I've heard has to do with the stream: there was only one stream so people complained about 'being forced' to watch Brawl or Melee, and the TOs wanted to stream the best parts of both so things were held up until they could be streamed - which is why the events didn't run alongside each other.

I think they should have just went with bad quality streams and put two of them up. Sure a low quality stream sucks, but at the end of the day people want to see their game. I remember watching a tournament's stream (it might have been Genesis 2, but I'm leaning towards RoM 4) and watching one blue pixel destroy a black pixel on pixelfield with no sound (incidentally because Brawl stole all the bandwidth lolol, the Brawl stream had SICK quality), and not knowing if it was actually Mango vs. M2k but everyone watching knew it had to be them and it was still hype/fun to watch.

kd-

Smash Lord
I only watched day 1 but I watched a melee Canadian-locals' pool's matches and then only Brawl. Brawl pools with HungryBox and Zinoto, brawl tips with Tin Man and the crew battle :o it lasted forever

What's The Point

Smash Master
From what I remember the stream had Brawl friendlies before the tournament started, tons of melee pools, 3 Brawl pool matches, tons of melee doubles, end of day 1, Brawl crews nobody cared about, melee singles/doubles till completion, whatever was left of Brawl singles.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I partied until 6 in the morning.

I am incredibly ****ed up right now.

I just finished studying for an exam today.

I'm surprised I'm alive after how much Jager I had.

Today is gonna be one hell of a day.

Sarix

Smash Ace
So on a completely different note, I wrote a 57 page guide on how to play Samus a few days ago that's going to be reviewed soon. The other Sami no longer consider it a guide, it's now a thesis. I feel I've accomplished something! :awesome:

Sarix

Smash Ace
I'm just giving you a hard time, I don't think we've ever played before. We should mm.

:kobe:
Yeah I figured you were, that and I'm used to getting flak for maining Samus anyway and I'm hard to offend. I may take you up on that mm assuming I see you sometime soon.

Sarix

Smash Ace
Her entire air game is quite good actually, Uair and Fair basically function like Peach's Dair only they're both faster and have more range. Her tilts are quite nice as well, all of them having at least some disjoint.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
More dumb conversations, I see.

Zyth: Shut up Olimar is gay and anyone complaining about MUs when my character has -2s and -3s across 7 or 8 different MUs can suck it.

Roller

Smash Legend
My character sucks in general, but ***** vs sucky players.

So I guess to continue the *****ing going on in this thread, I'll just complain about all the good players in MI..

****in' WTP.

Top Bottom