• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
only circumstance is you need to use pichu at 1 stock against my falco handicapped at 9 stocks

ill definitely pay if you win, on the spot.

earthadept

Smash Lord
do we have any good ganons on the estern side of MI? thought someone awhile ago said they had a good ganon and i wanted to check it out. a couple of my *****s said ganon wuld never beat link, but thats just cuz they dont know the match-up. they only know what they've seen me do to ganons
ori bro would 4 stock you no prob

Neotriple

Smash Rookie
Whattup Whattup!

I'm new in Michigan and just moved up here from Houston, Texas (yeah, its' far). I was referred here by someone at my school (University of Michigan) so I'm just checking in.

Neotriple

Smash Rookie
I live in Ann Arbor, in one of the UofM dorms (If you want specifics, feel free to PM me).

I play all of them, but I prefer Melee (as do most people I thought)

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
LOL HarmS with the third degree..

Almost home. My roomate is almost at Judge's. Everything is going well so far..anyone heard from Mr.Vetter yet?

Neotriple

Smash Rookie
I just bought a 1080p Samsung LCD TV for my room. So you guys are saying standard definition TV's don't have any ghosting?

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
God i thought i got up on all the terms.... TO GOOGLE!
*googles Ghosting*
Umm i cant find anything... Whats ghosting?
*Fells like even more of a noob*
Oh hey Soigreg got a new main! Clap for him! he is playing Fox now!
And he kicks me as right now.... I still suck at teching...

Neotriple

Smash Rookie
God i thought i got up on all the terms.... TO GOOGLE!
*googles Ghosting*
Umm i cant find anything... Whats ghosting?
*Fells like even more of a noob*
Oh hey Soigreg got a new main! Clap for him! he is playing Fox now!
And he kicks me as right now.... I still suck at teching...
Ghosting is sort of like input lag.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Ghosting is actually the trait of a bad LCD TV. It involves after-images because the LCD's pixels can't change their colors quickly enough to deal with the action.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Standard definition-ness doesn't actually have to do anything with input lag, it's just whether or not it can natively support 480i (standard definition)
I just bought a 1080p Samsung LCD TV for my room. So you guys are saying standard definition TV's don't have any ghosting?
Standard Definition TVs aren't free of ghosting anymore than an HDTV, as long as it's LCD. What's the real killer about most (and I mean, I guess it's possible for there to be a counter example to exist, I've just never seen/heard of such an example) HDTVs have a native resolution of around their max resolution (1920x1080 in the case of any 1080p TV). However, since a Wii only outputs 480i, it can't just dump that on the screen. It's gotta resize it, upscale it, do all sorts of image processing to it to make you think you've got a better TV than you do, and then dump it out onto the screen. Typically this takes between 24 and 64 milliseconds, which equates to a very perceptible difference in gameplay for those used to playing well on CRTs. Note here that pretty much any CRT can do this without lag, as there aren't little ****ters that need to make up the pixels, so they can **** well support whatever resolution they want (assuming their ray guns are precise enough). As such, most (if not all) HD CRTs still have no input lag, and almost all LCD, DLP, Plasma HD TVs DO have input lag.

btw, this "Input lag" refers to the perceptible time between doing an input and the expected time to see the outcome on the screen. (if it takes 34ms to processes a frame of video, then the input delay will be 34ms because the image is displayed 34ms after the tv receives it.

Top Bottom