• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Oh snap I forgot about that..and I want to go to that ..lol Maybe I should just do the 6th or the 27th...

Also do you think you could fit me in your car if you're going to Nope's?

What's The Point

Smash Master
If I go to Nope's, you are in. Provided you get to/from AA and all that jazz.

At this point I would assume my car is L, fZk, Lain, Tutu and Tech. I'm aware this is one extra person, but I don't believe all of these people would confirm for going.

Sumer, I'd accept hosting the tournament, but not a helper/co-TO. I hate assisting TOs. I'll go post flyers on all the Residental Hall boards if it happens.

Sumer

Smash Ace
If it's seperate from SWEET, i'll help
It'll be it's own thing. I'm not sure of a name yet, but I'm hoping to get a lot of local smashers at this thing as well as the regulars. Any help advertising or running it would be appreciated. :3 You could help run the melee portion if you wanted to, since I'm more of a brawl person myself.

Sumer, I'd accept hosting the tournament, but not a helper/co-TO. I hate assisting TOs. I'll go post flyers on all the Residental Hall boards if it happens.
That sounds good. :3 I'd mostly want help advertising this to the other MI smashers and the local smashers over hosting. I think one experienced Melee host and myself could take care of hosting. I think the guys actually told me they already have a venue in mind too, so all we really need is date and hype!! I'll text one of the guys about it now. O:

ZTD | TECHnology

If I go to Nope's, you are in. Provided you get to/from AA and all that jazz.

At this point I would assume my car is L, fZk, Lain, Tutu and Tech. I'm aware this is one extra person, but I don't believe all of these people would confirm for going.

Shouldn't be an issue so I'm down and thanks.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
A lot of players swap characters to get the best match up or a better match up in their eyes. Just have to get use to it and have an idea of who can play who.
ya i kno that, but ud think after 2 stocking me every match, he'd wanna change it up after awhile. i didnt mind the falcon practice, but that have to be hella boring unless he saw it as training for big's link

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
So, does any one plan to have a smashfest anytime in the next 2 or 3 weeks?
So I can get to know more then like 3 people....

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
I went to this video game event about two weeks ago here at MSU and met a few smashers who wanted to host a tourney this semester and the next. I said I can help them host and advertise. I'm asking for help from the other MSU smashers if they'd want to help organize/host it and advertise as well. I'm also asking for other smashers who would want to attend this to hype it up, and I'll try to get a date set soon. So who would be interested in attending a Brawl and Melee tourney at MSU? O:
I went to that event last year, there were actually a lot of smashers there. It was sad they were only playing free for all on a projector though -.-

Id be down, obviously living in east lansing and all. Let me know if you need help finding a venue or something sumer. I could advertise for you

Kail

Smash Lord
ya i kno that, but ud think after 2 stocking me every match, he'd wanna change it up after awhile. i didnt mind the falcon practice, but that have to be hella boring unless he saw it as training for big's link
I do that too. Ever think he was giving you practice instead of kicking your ***?

What's The Point

Smash Master
So that MI Brawl Backroom thing is saying we should have a PR. After a bunch of arguing I've determined it's stupid to continue in that fashion because MI is having no say in it. So MI, some words.

Who do you think should be panelist?
Do you think there should be a PR right now?
When should the new PR season start/have started?
Other stuff?

My answers by the way.

Panelist: Tutu, L_Cancel, third guy
Tutu and L_Cancel are good players and from talking to them they would be good rankers, and the third guy is just some one responsible to make them do something.

There shouldn't be a PR right now. MI has had 5 tournaments in the past 7 months, and most of the people who'd rank have two, maybe three, tournaments total. There is just no real basis to try and rank people over that long of a period. You have to account for people getting better, worse, and total activity after all.

PR season should start with the last Gameyard. The last tournament before that was 2 months ago. After Gameyard is another tournament in 2 weeks, then another Gameyard, and MSU should have something at some point, then there's a third Gameyard. That's already 5 tournaments in 3 months. I also think the season should end with the end of the year. A quick season to get that first PR up.

ZTD | TECHnology

Kevin, we might as well bring up the stage list discussion if we're making this public since it affects everyone. But to address the panelist issue right now:

Who do you think should be panelist?
Do you think there should be a PR right now?
When should the new PR season start/have started?
Other stuff?

Lain, L_Cancel, Tutu, ..at least 3 well placing/ranking/established players. I think our T.Os know enough about to scene to give an accurate and unbiased opinion also on who should be ranked. 5-6 people should do it personally.

As far as a PR right now..no. Things have drastically changed in the last 6 months or so. Some/ a lot of our top players went inactive, new players have surfaced and are proving themselves, a lot of improvement in some of our older players has also been made. Michigan is finally getting out of its slump so now is as good as a time as any to start a season for a future PR.

I think that since we have just officially started the revamp of MI's scene we might as well start with Gameyard II and move on from there. It is early October so the cutoff should be the last tournament of the year and then make an official PR in January and start another 3 or 4 month season after that and so on and so forth. It may look like the last few tournaments were for nothing if we did that but WAY too much has changed in the last few months. Also with this new season it would give everyone a chance to start anew and strive towards that PR. And it gives some our of clearly top ranking players a chance to get back into the scene since they have been busy/had ride johns etc. The point is to make the most accurate and unbiased PR as possible if we are doing a PR.

Other stuff? Not much else needs to be said. The stage list can be addressed after this.

fZk

Smash Lord
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I went to this video game event about two weeks ago here at MSU and met a few smashers who wanted to host a tourney this semester and the next. I said I can help them host and advertise. I'm asking for help from the other MSU smashers if they'd want to help organize/host it and advertise as well. I'm also asking for other smashers who would want to attend this to hype it up, and I'll try to get a date set soon. So who would be interested in attending a Brawl and Melee tourney at MSU? O:

I'd be willing to help with whatever is needed. I know there's got to be tons of players in MSU. That's why I wanted to play in a game room or something at Marco's, to attract more players.

Sumer

Smash Ace
Regarding the tourney in East Lansing. I'm pretty sure the venue will be at Snider and Phillips, that being said, anyone who attends gets to eat at The Gallery. :3

I'm going to talk to the guy more about the venue, but it's about 99% confirmed. I just want to pick a date, so I can make a thread on Smash Boards and a tourney on AiB, and start getting flyers made and handed out. Anyone who can make/print flyers would be greatly appreciated for this.

I was thinking about it, and I think the best date to host the tourney would be the 6th of November. The only other option would be the 30th of October, but I really don't want to resort to that, and it's pretty short notice. If we can't get the 6th we would have to host in at the end of November right before finals and I really don't want that. x.x So if the next Gameyard isn't on the 6th I'd like to reserve that day for the MI tourney.

Also, name ideas?

Sumer

Smash Ace
So that leaves the 30th free, the 6th will be gameyards, 13th is SWEET III, 20th is Nope's tourney, 27 I won't even be in East Lansing, and then it's Decemeber, which I don't want it host it that late. Idk what to do..>.<

Sumer

Smash Ace
I guess we can do the 30th, but we need flyers made by like this weekend, as well as a thread on here and a tourney on AiB. <.< *gets to work on the 2nd two*

What's The Point

Smash Master
Flyers don't matter till like a week before.

And Halloween weekend is normally a terrible choice, but since it's where I live I suppose I can go since I can always leave early with no problem.]

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I now agree that we should start the PR season starting at the last Gameyard. By January, we should have amassed a decent number of tournaments.

Way to go, Sumer!

Roller

Smash Legend
I think season should start with either the last gameyard or the next tourney. The reason I say next tourney is because the season should probably be announced as having started before the tourneys within the season begin. But it's nbd, w/e people want.

ZTD | TECHnology

That's some major procrastination Roller lmao.

God, school sucks.

And so does calling off work sick the previous day when you aren't and then getting sick the next day

***** by karma.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
That's some major procrastination Roller lmao.

God, school sucks.

And so does calling off work sick the previous day when you aren't and then getting sick the next day

***** by karma.
Story of my life just about. I had a job one time where I called off sick when I ACTUALLY WAS sick and then I got fired the next day -.-

Boxxy

Smash Lord
this morning I was feeling horrible and my dad told me I was going to school no matter what

I can't even concentrate in class at all waste of time ughhh

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
Become a band geek and take shelter in the depths of the band room. Thats what I did when I was sick in high school.

Or become good friends with the attendance people ;)

Top Bottom