• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Thinking about hosting a tourny in either late November, or some time in December. (Would be at VoM again.)

Are there any weekends that would be good for people?

Sumer

Smash Ace
It seems like we'll have a god number of MI players at my tourney. TKO has expressed interest in coming, so that means an MD/VA car might be in attendance as well. I also talked to a friend of mine, GenoSamus, who wants to come, so that means we'll have an Illinois car here as well. I'd like to get some Ohio players at this things. We have Ally from Canada attending too, so more variety will make this tourneys experience a can't miss and that much better for everyone who comes. ^^

So if anyone knows some Ohio players that might be interested in coming to an MI tourney, please tell them about this tourney coming up and try to spread the word to anyone you know in general. Thank you very much to everyone helping making this tourney so great already!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Would anyone oppose if I held Gameyard on the 27th anyway. I feel like it could be more beneficial to have it later seeing as all of these tournaments are popping up and it would nice to space out the events so wallets can take a break lol. Also its just more convenient for me to host it then but I want to see everyone's opinion. I overlooked something when I originally scheduled it for the 6th. Thoughts?

Goddammit I am so sick right now.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I believe more tournaments are better. So having yours on the 6th means you would likely have one again on Dec. 6ish, so two in a month instead of one at 27th.

But do whatever you want.

ZTD | TECHnology

How about Christmas? ;)

I wouldn't mind having one on the 18th and I could probably advertise for it early as well.

But anyway I need to get to work on this thread making/advertising.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Would anyone oppose if I held Gameyard on the 27th anyway. I feel like it could be more beneficial to have it later seeing as all of these tournaments are popping up and it would nice to space out the events so wallets can take a break lol. Also its just more convenient for me to host it then but I want to see everyone's opinion. I overlooked something when I originally scheduled it for the 6th. Thoughts?

Goddammit I am so sick right now.
November 27th? I'm down, thats the day before my birthday!

L-R-A-Start

Smash Apprentice
Seriously? Can you please stop changing dates and practice being more decisive? You can't attempt to account for EVERY single person when planning these things. Everyone has separate schedules. Pick a date and stick to it unless something serious conflicts with it.

Home game? Halloweekend? Yeah, it's true less people will come if you try to do something around these dates or something similar, but if you keep pushing tournies back due to scheduling conflicts, you're never gonna get anything done.

TL;DR: Just pick a date and do your best to make it work.

What's The Point

Smash Master
18th would probably be better since most schools should have a break since that's the week before Christmas. The only one I know that doesn't is UMich with it's ****ty schedule, but it sucks for both those dates anyway.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Seriously? Can you please stop changing dates and practice being more decisive? You can't attempt to account for EVERY single person when planning these things. Everyone has separate schedules. Pick a date and stick to it unless something serious conflicts with it.

Home game? Halloweekend? Yeah, it's true less people will come if you try to do something around these dates or something similar, but if you keep pushing tournies back due to scheduling conflicts, you're never gonna get anything done.

TL;DR: Just pick a date and do your best to make it work.
Salty

@TuTu 11th or 18th works for me tbh.

yoooooooo that reminds me smashers that are 21 or will be by dec 26 come drink with me for my 21st! i promise it will be absolutely insane.

anyways, yay tournaments!

lain

Smash Master
I do notice that around winter break, there are like half as many people able to go to tourneys and stuff. Even so, the people that are able to go, there aren't enough tourneys around winter break, so a smaller tourney 'round then would be nice, but if you're trying to plan a sexier tourney, not-during Thanksgiving or Winter break would be the best imo.

Also, smashfest today?! We can do brawl and meleez.

ZTD | TECHnology

@Reset: My date switching was less an attempt to please everyone and more an attempt to try to help your brother/myself since the 6th would be inconvenient for me. I AM trying to come to a happy medium with the stage list but seems like someone is going to complain either way you go.

Lain: Yeah I realize that but it seems like the only date I can do this right now without interfering with SWEET and Nope's which I wanted to go .

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
Also, smashfest today?! We can do brawl and meleez.
@Lain: where and when? id like to go but if DBPM has a small smashfest, then im going to go play with him since he is way closer. are you going to ROM3 by any chance?

but until i get word from him, Tech find a way to get to AA so i can come with you maybe ^_^

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
we 4 deep at least around here for smash tonight unless soul gets ahold of some others. ill drive us soul, but redic far. this my last post tho (gotta keep my females happy) get at soul n lemme kno if theres some melee competition today

shoutouts to anther n gio for beatin me n soul's low tier team

Roller

Smash Legend
Smashfest tonight I could do, but wouldn't be able to show before 10. But if all these melee people are going and no brawl people I probably wont go. Need to up my melee skillz before I start playing vs competent people.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
we 4 deep at least around here for smash tonight unless soul gets ahold of some others. ill drive us soul, but redic far. this my last post tho (gotta keep my females happy) get at soul n lemme kno if theres some melee competition today

shoutouts to anther n gio for beatin me n soul's low tier team
but not our high tier team ^_^

if anyone is down for some melee get at me. if your not too far ill see if i can get DBPM to go to you.

Top Bottom