• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Gameyard is now a monthly event so hopefully you can make the next one. And also we are close to being able to make a definitive Power Ranking ^_^ Also...L I was wondering if you wanted to join the MI Tournament Council group. I could really use your opinion on a few things. I want to make a new stage list for future Gameyards.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Yeaaaaaah, I would love to be a part of it. I think Ori mentioned it before but I couldn't figure out how to join it. xD

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
and NARUTOSHOCKER... I KNOW YOU DO! been a long time since I've seen you around. How you been?

You too thax. i can't believe you guys still post on here.

Sorry... DP! my bad! LOL... it's been way too long.
DUDE RASH i need to play yu...i come a long way from when i started, altho i still suck :laugh:

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
if you remember him, does will still play smash? He used to be the luigi main when we play at lathrup with Mr. Smith
thats funny that u mention a luigi from lathrup, cuz my boy was telling me about him like 3 yrs ago, and its even funnier that i remember that

was his name zero or some ****?

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
Lost a bunch of Falco dittos and it feels good.

thank you Shaedon... lol

DUDE RASH i need to play yu...i come a long way from when i started, altho i still suck :laugh:
Thax, do you live near waterford? i don't go up to LTU very often anymore so it may be tricky to catch you, but we'll see. you may let me know if you don't mind making a trip. I'd be interested to see how far "a long way" is. :)

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
thats funny that u mention a luigi from lathrup, cuz my boy was telling me about him like 3 yrs ago, and its even funnier that i remember that

was his name zero or some ****?
I cant remember since i only called him will lol. we played everyday for a hour or two. I wish i knew someone like that now so i can get almost daily practice in. my luigi in melee was just like his but his was way better. i remember this guy came and picked fox and Will wd>utilt>wd>utilt>wd>utilt>wd>up+B ftw. I wish he still played

my luigi now was the watered down version of his back then lol

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
my luigi in melee was just like his but his was way better
i understand that, my one girl looks just like hallie berry, cept she's a lil shorter and her face is different.

and i believe me n quite a few brawl players have all agreed that although brawl is still a smash category, it is not as fun as melee and almost impossible to talk trash in like u can with melee. also nintendo posted a thread sayin that brawl can lead to massive brain damage. they havent quite found a cure but they said investing a lot of time into melee instead will help

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
So kail has the best ganon in MI? Who has the top 3 marths? I kno shady n dre use him. But who else? Wanna kno wat u guys think of the marth vs link match-up

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
sucks that i cant go to sweet II, sweet III, and sweet IV.
any T.O's who lives near southfield?
If you can't make it to any of three isolated tourneys, each with over a month's notice... that's not a good sign at all

only thing i can do is dair and sorta kinda tech chase in melee ;(
Next time you're in AA, 6th Pillar will teach you how to **** properly and efficiently. It starts with a **** pre-test (hint: involves how long you can fight against Duck before getting CC dsmashed)

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
Juggleguy-gave advice to apash, doesn't know how to shine waveslide with falco. So further behind then me, ima try n get him out wit sum noob friends of mine

Gio, ur welcome for showing u wat link n melee is all about. hopefully u convince the rest of the brawlers n anther so he steps up past AXE

shadow1moon

Smash Journeyman
Juggleguy-gave advice to apash, doesn't know how to shine waveslide with falco. So further behind then me, ima try n get him out wit sum noob friends of mine
Dang, Is that really all that important??? Should I learn how to do that?
... I just like spaming the lazers :D

Kail

Smash Lord
So kail has the best ganon in MI? Who has the top 3 marths? I kno shady n dre use him. But who else? Wanna kno wat u guys think of the marth vs link match-up
It's either Bigy or me who have the best Ganon. Bigy, Dre, Shady, Shaeden, and Velynn all have pretty **** good Marths. I don't know the order of the best though since most of them don't main them. I think Duck plays him too but never played his Marth. Chances are he's awful cause he plays the white Marth.

Dang, Is that really all that important??? Should I learn how to do that?
... I just like spaming the lazers :D
If you can't WD out of Falco's Shine you won't catch good people's DI to combo them.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
current record is 4.56 seconds, held by bot

btw i think i'm returning to the **** that is melee. it's way too fun. but i wont play sheik anymore ;)
pfft, you clearly didn't see my falco "play" against him. I bet I've got the record with over 5 minutes in a game.

Kail

Smash Lord
A lot of players swap characters to get the best match up or a better match up in their eyes. Just have to get use to it and have an idea of who can play who.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Since SWEET III is on November 13th I would was wondering if people would be down with November 20th for the next Gameyard. It will be Brawl only. I don't think I can do the 6th. So let me know guys.

Sumer

Smash Ace
Since SWEET III is on November 13th I would was wondering if people would be down with November 20th for the next Gameyard. It will be Brawl only. I don't think I can do the 6th. So let me know guys.
The weekend of the 20th people have to study for exams before Thanksgiving break, and it's the week right after another tourney so they need their wallets to rest. Maybe the 26th or 27th whole people are on vacation would be better? o.o

ALSO

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I went to this video game event about two weeks ago here at MSU and met a few smashers who wanted to host a tourney this semester and the next. I said I can help them host and advertise. I'm asking for help from the other MSU smashers if they'd want to help organize/host it and advertise as well. I'm also asking for other smashers who would want to attend this to hype it up, and I'll try to get a date set soon. So who would be interested in attending a Brawl and Melee tourney at MSU? O:

Top Bottom