• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
played iwth toadster and shady today

i need a new controller

or a triwing to fix mine.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
pretty sure toadster may still have a triwing. isnt that just the screwdriver for the GC conts? I know he borrowed one from another EL smasher pretty recently.

where are you living at?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Um...so I have just found out that I get my house to myself for 4 months rent free. Smashfests..the possibilities are endless.

This may have just turned into the best day of my life.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
I think that was total attendance.
Ooh. Okay, thanks! I'm sure if we got most of OH and such it would be pretty large...

Um...so I have just found out that I get my house to myself for 4 months rent free. Smashfests..the possibilities are endless.

This may have just turned into the best day of my life.
That's great, T_C! ='D So are things finally looking good? I remember when things didn't look so good for you...

ZTD | TECHnology

HarmS: Its a long story but that's the only part that matters lol

@Today : I know and thank you! Yeah usually I'm always going through tough times but I finally get a break. :)

ZTD | TECHnology

No, homicide, kidnapping, coercion, extortion or any malicious and harmful methods were used to obtain this gift. My roomate willingly agreed to this because he's going to Florida for the winter.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I'm back into Melee!

I was failing yesterday, but I'm used to the physics after playing at my university's gaming club for 6 hours today. My Falco, Sheik, Fox, and Mario are looking pretty sexy. ;O So I may play some friendlies at the next tourney.

Don't worry, Brawl will always come first though. :p

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
does anyone know if I could substitute my brother's targus brand charger for my old one

Original Toshiba charger
Input:
AC 100-240V
129-175VA
50-60Hz
Output:
DC 19V
3.42A

Targus charger
Input:
120-230V
2.5A
Main Output:
15V-24V
5.5A
PPS Output:
15V-24V
5W Max
Total Output:
90W

Boxxy

Smash Lord
to vert I wanna hear the long version

btw shinsplints are so dumb ughhh I have to sit out from practice until Tuesday fmllll

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Yo Lain, I'll call you in the morning when I'm at school.

Everyone's asleep here. (and I should be too.) lol

And Myth...is the Smashfest on Thursday? I have class 10-1:50, work from 2-7, class from 7:30-8:30, and then I have to be at class at 10 on Friday.

lain

Smash Master
****, well i really need a ride to the next mlg.

if anyone is willing to drive, I'll pay them a lot of money and/or team with them or anything. i really need to go to this.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
does anyone know if I could substitute my brother's targus brand charger for my old one

Original Toshiba charger
Input:
AC 100-240V
129-175VA
50-60Hz
Output:
DC 19V
3.42A

Targus charger
Input:
120-230V
2.5A
Main Output:
15V-24V
5.5A
PPS Output:
15V-24V
5W Max
Total Output:
90W
If the connector fits; those specs match. Probably, at least. I'm not sure given that it lists a specific power an current, but variable voltage. If nothing else, it'll work as long as you don't put the machine under heavy use (i.e. if for some reason it's insufficient--which I doubt-- then it'd just stop you from gaming @ worst case)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
ATTN: Travis, Toadster, Tremor, Shady

What do you think about coordinating bimonthly tourneys during the school year resulting in one tourney per month for the state of Michigan? One month I'll host one at UM, the next month you guys host one at MSU, etc... it'd be absolutely amazing for the community! Considering the football schedules for both schools first semester, the dates in bold are ones where our teams either have a week off, play an away game, or play a very boring home game. You can clearly see three overlapping dates that work really well for everyone:

UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
09/04/10 vs. Connecticut TV Ann Arbor, Mich. 3:30 p.m. ET
09/11/10 at Notre Dame TV South Bend, Ind. 3:30 p.m. ET
09/18/10 vs. Massachusetts TV Ann Arbor, Mich. 12:00 p.m. ET
09/25/10 vs. Bowling Green TV Ann Arbor, Mich. TBA
10/02/10 at Indiana * TV Bloomington, Ind. TBA
10/09/10 vs. Michigan State * TV Ann Arbor, Mich. TBA
10/16/10 vs. Iowa * TV Ann Arbor, Mich. 3:30 p.m. ET
10/23/10 no game this week
10/30/10 at Penn State * TV State College, Pa. 8:00 p.m. ET
11/06/10 vs. Illinois * TV Ann Arbor, Mich. TBA
11/13/10 at Purdue * TV West Lafayette, Ind. TBA
11/20/10 vs. Wisconsin * TV Ann Arbor, Mich. TBA
11/27/10 at Ohio State * TV Columbus, Ohio TBA

MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY
09/04/10 vs. Western Michigan TV East Lansing, Mich. 12:00 p.m. ET
09/11/10 vs. Florida Atlantic TV Detroit, Mich. 12:00 p.m. ET
09/18/10 vs. Notre Dame TV East Lansing, Mich. 8:00 p.m. ET
09/25/10 vs. Northern Colorado East Lansing, Mich. TBA
10/02/10 vs. Wisconsin * East Lansing, Mich. TBA
10/09/10 at Michigan * Ann Arbor, Mich. TBA
10/16/10 vs. Illinois * East Lansing, Mich. 12:00 p.m. ET
10/23/10 at Northwestern * Evanston, Ill. 12:00 p.m. ET
10/30/10 at Iowa * Iowa City, Iowa TBA
11/06/10 vs. Minnesota * East Lansing, Mich. TBA
11/13/10 no game this week
11/20/10 vs. Purdue * East Lansing, Mich. TBA
11/27/10 at Penn State * State College, Pa. TBA

So we're looking at the first event being 9/25, the second event on 10/23, and the third event on 11/13. After that I'd recommend either 12/4 (before everyone crams for finals) or 12/18 (after most UM finals, but some MSU people might have gone home already). Second semester will be much easier to deal with, as long as interest is still high.

We gotta step it up and make it happen THIS YEAR or else the Melee scene WILL die in Michigan, I guarantee it. We have vets like SCOTU, Ankoku, Bot who are pretty much on the verge of retirement, and we also have a solid core of current players but none who really take initiative to host Smashfests or tourneys on any sort of regular basis. That's why I hosted the house tourneys this summer, which were pretty successful, and that's why we can't waste this opportunity! Soon everyone will graduate, get ***** by real life, and disappear. It's what happened to the Melee community in Ohio. I think it's pretty obvious that this year is the best shot to go back and forth with tourneys at UM and MSU, especially with established drivers at both schools now. Let me know, guys.

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
I like how you forget to include me in the MSU crew Rob, lol.

I definitely support this idea, and I'm willing to help get this started. I just hope I'll have enough time for this cause this should be my last year at MSU.

We can probably get Anthony in this too, if he's still here.

Toadster5

Smash Journeyman
Anthony told me he quit competitive Smash but he'll probably still have his tourney in April.

I'll try to contact him and see how he got ahold of the venue for the last MSU tourney he held. Maybe he would be willing to send out emails to all the people who participated in the past so we can get some randoms.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I'm back into Melee!

I was failing yesterday, but I'm used to the physics after playing at my university's gaming club for 6 hours today. My Falco, Sheik, Fox, and Mario are looking pretty sexy. ;O So I may play some friendlies at the next tourney.

Don't worry, Melee will always come first though. :p
Play me at the next Don't Blink you come to. If they are ever hosted again...:laugh:

Moooose

Smash Champion

What do you think about coordinating bimonthly tourneys during the school year resulting in one tourney per month for the state of Michigan? One month I'll host one at UM, the next month you guys host one at MSU, etc... it'd be absolutely amazing for the community! Considering the football schedules for both schools first semester, the dates in bold are ones where our teams either have a week off, play an away game, or play a very boring home game. You can clearly see three overlapping dates that work really well for everyone:

UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
09/04/10 vs. Connecticut TV Ann Arbor, Mich. 3:30 p.m. ET
09/11/10 at Notre Dame TV South Bend, Ind. 3:30 p.m. ET
09/18/10 vs. Massachusetts TV Ann Arbor, Mich. 12:00 p.m. ET
10/09/10 vs. Michigan State * TV Ann Arbor, Mich. TBA
10/16/10 vs. Iowa * TV Ann Arbor, Mich. 3:30 p.m. ET
11/06/10 vs. Illinois * TV Ann Arbor, Mich. TBA
11/20/10 vs. Wisconsin * TV Ann Arbor, Mich. TBA
11/27/10 at Ohio State * TV Columbus, Ohio TBA

09/04/10 vs. Western Michigan TV East Lansing, Mich. 12:00 p.m. ET
09/11/10 vs. Florida Atlantic TV Detroit, Mich. 12:00 p.m. ET
09/18/10 vs. Notre Dame TV East Lansing, Mich. 8:00 p.m. ET
10/02/10 vs. Wisconsin * East Lansing, Mich. TBA
10/09/10 at Michigan * Ann Arbor, Mich. TBA
10/16/10 vs. Illinois * East Lansing, Mich. 12:00 p.m. ET
11/06/10 vs. Minnesota * East Lansing, Mich. TBA
11/20/10 vs. Purdue * East Lansing, Mich. TBA
11/27/10 at Penn State * State College, Pa. TBA

So we're looking at the first event being 9/25, the second event on 10/23, and the third event on 11/13. After that I'd recommend either 12/4 (before everyone crams for finals) or 12/18 (after most UM finals, but some MSU people might have gone home already). Second semester will be much easier to deal with, as long as interest is still high.

We gotta step it up and make it happen THIS YEAR or else the Melee scene WILL die in Michigan, I guarantee it. We have vets like SCOTU, Ankoku, Bot who are pretty much on the verge of retirement, and we also have a solid core of current players but none who really take initiative to host Smashfests or tourneys on any sort of regular basis. That's why I hosted the house tourneys this summer, which were pretty successful, and that's why we can't waste this opportunity! Soon everyone will graduate, get ***** by real life, and disappear. It's what happened to the Melee community in Ohio. I think it's pretty obvious that this year is the best shot to go back and forth with tourneys at UM and MSU, especially with established drivers at both schools now. Let me know, guys.
way to step it up rob
good ****

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord

UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN

I agree with everything said. First tourny at MSU or U of M though? We are still looking around trying to find a venue. If one can't be found, the venue will likely be a house...or two. I move in the 28th, so I'll be talking to Travis and Tyler more and we can figure it out.
I was thinking of having a smashfest before then also.

I also feel the need to remind everyone that I am terrible at melee. Getting better takes time and effort. Actually, all comes back to exactly why Ohio is dying, it is hard to play melee while working full time and/or going to school. So I will be putting some effort to make sure these tourny's happen, because our scene can't die yet.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Brawl TO's should get in contact in us so we can try to make both scenes better. If we can get good venues theres no reason not to hold both. I also picked up brawl recently and really enjoy it and would like to get better at it as well.

My community center is an option but we have to be out by 1030 including cleanup and ****. So Toadster is going to look into where the one in april was held. If not that, we can just keep looking somewhere else in the area.

Top Bottom