• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Well I just kinda got into the Melee scene and its been almost 9 years since the game came out so much has happened lol I don't know how it was but all I know is our people don't have the resources the good people have/had. But hey we're getting better and having fun doing it. :D

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Juggle: Your tech skill has gotten a ton better. You're progressing nicely.

And to everyone else and MSU: Good matches and thanks for hosting.
If anyone wants tips or advice, I'd be up for it or Kail would too.
I agree with the shoutout for Juggle...he has gotton much better since last year.

Wish we could have played Velynn...I need to give your Puff the business sometime. your pretty ****.

I'm down to host another one this summer if you guys are down to come again.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
thanks Tech but if they dont make it back in time I cant leave my little cousin by herself. I should know by midnight if they are come back today or tomorrow.

ZTD | TECHnology

Well hopefully it works out. Let me know when you find out. Pharrox will be at my place until my smashfest ends so ill be able to relay him the details. CALL me when you know.

So far my little place is going to have:

Me:
L_Cancel
Goddy
Demp
Lordhelmet
MythTrainerInfinity
Pharrox

Should be a fun little gathering. They'll all be here soon anyway.

Xyless

Smash Master
Does anyone who is going to the Garden City tourney tomorrow have an extra copy of Brawl by chance? I'm looking to replace my disk, since it's having problems (bad for playtesting Brawl Minus).

I will pay money for it.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I'd come to the Smashfest, but I'm still waiting on my friends back home to see if they're coming to the tourney. lmao

ZTD | TECHnology

It was great seeing everyone also. All my old friends :) And I've decided to become an official TO after this one. Its just a lot of fun running smooth tournies like this.

Thanks again Michigan for making this Gameyard event a memorable one.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
awww I was so pissed i missed that tourney. Somone has to show how manly mario is except against tech since all he will do is standing infinite grab me.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
TECH! I need to teach you how to use Lucario to beat MKs. Using Dedede isn't going to cut it against that bat >.>

Tourney was mad fun though.

ZTD | TECHnology

TECH! I need to teach you how to use Lucario to beat MKs. Using Dedede isn't going to cut it against that bat >.>

Tourney was mad fun though.
No, I have no interest in trying to learn Lucario again. Besides...Lain has agreed to help me with my D3 :) I'll never get any better as a player by avoiding the bad matchups and not having enough confidence in my main and myself to overcome those obstacles. I've learned that firsthand. I'm going to become the best D3 main in Michigan. Count on it.

So anyway I'll post the results later today. :)

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Yeah. I'm probably just gonna stick with Snake for now and play Olis and Falcos (bad mu's) online...or at smashfests if I get the chance. T'was a shame Ally, Dellthesmashstar, and Soul couldn't come either. 11ish setups, 34 people, and a Hungry Howie's Pizza Party with 8 people outside by the cars at 1:30 a.m. lmao

Good times.

ZTD | TECHnology

Sorry for the double post but I feel like this needs to be brought up as myself and a few others discussed this last night.

I think we need to abandon the TrueSkill ranking system that we've been using and go back to old Power Ranking system.Thoughts?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Sorry for the double post but I feel like this needs to be brought up as myself and a few others discussed this last night.

I think we need to abandon the TrueSkill ranking system that we've been using and go back to old Power Ranking system.Thoughts?

Sure but we need new panelists

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I think we could put together a new panel. We'd just need to consider who would be good/fair/unbiased panelists. And people who know a lot about the game. =o

ZTD | TECHnology

Agreed. The main issue with the last panel is that it was biased. Or that was the argument. And honestly it was.

Panelists for the PR should meet the following criteria:

- Their opinions are fair, unbiased, and are given for the sole reason of determing the most accurate PR.

- Has been around the scene for a while and is currently active in attending/throwing tournaments.

-Respected and well known by the community (this doesn't necessarily mean you have to be a top ranking player)

-Is knowledgable about the game and is at least moderately skilled.

With that being said we can put together a fair panel and discuss.

Top Bottom