• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

IrisKong

Smash Lord
u shouldve complained for me. im tired of posting here. but it must be said. and ill ALWAYS ***** when japes isnt there and rainbow is. rainbow is so far worse for more chars than japes is.
I see your point, I just dont like playing falco on FD, lol.

Notra

Smash Ace
Says.the falco main
its impossible for me not to make an argument and not sound bias. but id rather have green greens over rainbow cruise. Id even take rumble falls, at least i cant die as easily from the stage moving.

and i dont like japes as a cp, nearly all of MI knows that now.

Notra

Smash Ace
ive seen that a million times as well as other videos in the same scenario. An mk wont win when playing the lvl wrong right. DEHF is just a lot better player....and also the best person at exposing mks weaknesses w/ falco. Shadow is not at DEHF's lvl. (the M2k Ally Adhd dehf dojo tier.)

my point is not that the lvl is unwinnable for one char vs a char made for the lvl. but that the curve for japes amongst all chars is much more lvl than rainbow.

and that curve IMO is way too steep and/or cuts off to early for too many chars. there are almost no chars that are terrible on japes. just ones that arent ****.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
dojo is on the same level as m2k ally adhd and dehf?

also i just figured out that PT is Red. My god am i slow and how my mind is blown

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
What does bowyer think of the health care bill thing
I haven't been able to form an opinion yet.

A) I can't understand the bill.

It's over 1000 pages long and each most parts use references to other parts instead of rewriting everything out. This is a problem for two main reasons.

i) The pdf of the bill is not linked well. In a lot of math pdf's you can simply click the reference and it brings you to the mentioned area. Meaning it's very difficult to navigate through the bill.

ii) It doesn't have a clear table to contents (with links).​

This could all be fixed if it was written in a program similar to the one we use in math called LaTeX.

B) News providers, by nature, skew representation and\or are not experts. (Note that if they talked to experts, those experts again would be skewed by nature.)

Thus, in order to form an opinion, I'd need to look at many sources. I don't really want to do that.

So we'll see how it works out. I hope it doesn't turn out like Canada's health care system or the program fails horribly like no child left behind.

Though I do think the main problem does not lie in the scope of national health care or national whatever. The way the laws are set up, corporations are basically a money sink. Money only goes out of it when it's expected to bring a larger amount back in.

So I think we're putting a band-aid on a bleeding gash.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
So I've decided I'm hosting Melee monthlies this summer. Everyone needs to attend. I'm talking to you, 5th column + Grand Rapids + West Bloomfield + East Lansing. It's looking like May 22nd as the possible first event. 64 side tourney is a possibility, but definitely not enough room for Brawl. Thoughts?

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
So I'm getting no complaints about price in my tourney thread... And apparent OoS interest... weird...
Yeah pretttttty awesome. I'm fine with it if others are ha. Teams $3 also?
yeah, i don't get why kels would come if the entry fee is $3 lol
It's the crew battles in smash, followed by crew battles in drinking that is the draw. :laugh:

So I've decided I'm hosting Melee monthlies this summer. Everyone needs to attend. I'm talking to you, 5th column + Grand Rapids + West Bloomfield + East Lansing. It's looking like May 22nd as the possible first event. 64 side tourney is a possibility, but definitely not enough room for Brawl. Thoughts?
:laugh:

That sounds awesome. As long as it is the weekend I'll be there. More michigan tournies sounds perfect.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey, anyone whose avatar is missing, the whole "can't upload avatar" thing got fixed, but everyone's avatar got reset as a result, so re-upload your avatar if you haven't already.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
why no brawl? there are more of us then there are melee people just curious
6th pillar assemble may 22nd
and my ganon ;)
Hey, anyone whose avatar is missing, the whole "can't upload avatar" thing got fixed, but everyone's avatar got reset as a result, so re-upload your avatar if you haven't already.
just fixed mine ^_^;

earthadept

Smash Lord
YES I can get people to come for 64 if you have it, if number of people is the issue

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hopefully nothing's scheduled on the 15th already? I'll see if I can run a Brawl+Melee event then.

Top Bottom