• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Ori, I'd be hosting the monthlies at my house, which has limited space. I'm not at all opposed to having a Brawl + Melee event, but considering the venue it's unlikely; my basement is maybe half the size of the Bursley venue used by LoLiS.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Ori, I'd be hosting the monthlies at my house, which has limited space. I'm not at all opposed to having a Brawl + Melee event, but considering the venue it's unlikely; my basement is maybe half the size of the Bursley venue used by LoLiS.
ok that makes sense now that i know what the venue is

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
How many of people are going to Apex? I'm just looking at plane ticket prices, and if they don't get MUCH higher. I will be attending.
I'm looking into going to APEX. I think I'm just going to drive for 9 hours and stay in a hotel room. This is really early notice, but if anyone wants to split the cost of a room, I'll be bringing a TV and Melee after the venue closes, but if you want to play Brawl, you'll have to bring your own Wii.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Did you miss No Koast v2? Ally 2, 1, and 3-stocked Dojo for a 3-0 in grand finals.
Dojo also lost to Tyrant at Genesis, who M2K beat.

Notra

Smash Ace
Did you miss No Koast v2? Ally 2, 1, and 3-stocked Dojo for a 3-0 in grand finals.
tyrant is at the same lvl as well....and No Koast doesnt determine their overall. just a single occurance.

To put is simply... M2k Ally Adhd Dehf Tyrant Dojo and Haze are of same lvl. they all place well consistenly and can trump one another. Some just rise above more often.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
You mean No Koast v3?

Also, Dojo beat Tyrant in winners and losers at WHOBO 1 (before Genesis) and again at Active Gamers (after Genesis).

IrisKong

Smash Lord
Apparently I resemble Ian Curtis...I am happy.

*changes Avi to Ian*

I dont look like him much (at least I dont think so) But I for sure have his personality and general out look.

earthadept

Smash Lord
Apparently I resemble Ian Curtis...I am happy.

*changes Avi to Ian*

I dont look like him much (at least I dont think so) But I for sure have his personality and general out look.
Wow, I LOVE Joy Division. +20 awesome points to you. Have you ever seen the movie "Control"? It's actually really quite good..

IrisKong

Smash Lord
Wow, I LOVE Joy Division. +20 awesome points to you. Have you ever seen the movie "Control"? It's actually really quite good..
Well, Earthadept, apparently we cant hate on each other anymore...

I also love Joy Division, I play them EVERY TIME i DJ for goth/industrial/punk nights. I own the movie "Control" (yes its awesome) I also own the newest Joy Division Documentary.

earthadept

Smash Lord
Ian Curtis>Hendrix :) :) :) :) :)
Extreme truth here. I've read several biographies and such on Curtis. He's kind of an inspiration (minus the suicide thing).

Yeah, I find it totally impossible to hate on anyone that likes Joy Division. :psycho:

Unknown Pleasures > Life

I really want to see that new documentary. urgh

SCOTU

Smash Hero
our hockey team won in a shootout today after 6 periods of play

they had 62 shots on net not including the shootout we had 32

final score 1-2 us we're in the grand finals now :-p (for thos eof you who dont know i'm the goalie)
Good ****; blocking 62 shots across frikin 6 periods is intense.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
our hockey team won in a shootout today after 6 periods of play

they had 62 shots on net not including the shootout we had 32

final score 1-2 us we're in the grand finals now :-p (for thos eof you who dont know i'm the goalie)
good **** omni, now only if the red wings could win shoot outs :p

IrisKong

Smash Lord
Extreme truth here. I've read several biographies and such on Curtis. He's kind of an inspiration (minus the suicide thing).

Yeah, I find it totally impossible to hate on anyone that likes Joy Division. :psycho:

Unknown Pleasures > Life

I really want to see that new documentary. urgh
Well, maybe if you start playing brawl, I will let you borrow it, heh. Its a great documentary, got interviews with the whole band (minus curtis :( ) and also has interviews with Annik (the girl he cheated on his wife with) ! Of course, Debbie Curtis refused to be a part of it, although I dont blame her, poor woman. It is amazing, if you like Joy Division, you will like this one. It has some cool footage on it.

earthadept

Smash Lord
Well, maybe if you start playing brawl, I will let you borrow it, heh. Its a great documentary, got interviews with the whole band (minus curtis :( ) and also has interviews with Annik (the girl he cheated on his wife with) ! Of course, Debbie Curtis refused to be a part of it, although I dont blame her, poor woman. It is amazing, if you like Joy Division, you will like this one. It has some cool footage on it.
lol I've been trying to come to one your smash thingies for a long time now, but it's pretty impossible to get a ride. is Annik as mega hot in real life as she was in Control? :p

Debbie did write a biography of Ian though, have you read it? It was interesting to see things from her perspective...

IrisKong

Smash Lord
lol I've been trying to come to one your smash thingies for a long time now, but it's pretty impossible to get a ride. is Annik as mega hot in real life as she was in Control? :p

Debbie did write a biography of Ian though, have you read it? It was interesting to see things from her perspective...
Yes and yes. Obviously, Annik is much older now, but back in the day, she would have been pretty cute IMO. Ian was terrible to Debbie. He was an amazing person other than the way he treated his wife. Oh well.

So whats your fav song? are you cliche and like "Love will tear us apart"? heh. I wouldnt blame ya, its a great song.

Hooray for turning the MI thread into a joy division chat.

earthadept

Smash Lord
Yes and yes. Obviously, Annik is much older now, but back in the day, she would have been pretty cute IMO. Ian was terrible to Debbie. He was an amazing person other than the way he treated his wife. Oh well.

So whats your fav song? are you cliche and like "Love will tear us apart"? heh. I wouldnt blame ya, its a great song.

Hooray for turning the MI thread into a joy division chat.
I'm really partial towards "Atmosphere" and "She's Lost Control" (the Substance version). Love is pretty good too, but not really representative of their body of work. It's kinda unique for them. Maybe that's why it's their most popular?

IrisKong

Smash Lord
I'm really partial towards "Atmosphere" and "She's Lost Control" (the Substance version). Love is pretty good too, but not really representative of their body of work. It's kinda unique for them. Maybe that's why it's their most popular?
The band "Corpu Delicti" did a great cover of "Atmosphere". My favs are probably Shadow Play, Transmission and Digital.

Top Bottom