• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
actually yea

from what ive seen
first of all you like to argue about things that dont matter.
second of all youve yet to admit when youre wrong.
third of all i feel the sense of self superiority when reading your posts.
fourth of all you don't seem to understand what is joke and what is serious. you post something completely serious like and act like its joke, and then read something completely joke like and take it serious

none of this is meant to offend you, i'm just letting you know what exactly is annoying me, in case you want to take it upon yourself to change your habits for the better.

Sukai

Smash Champion
actually yea
from what ive seen
first of all you like to argue about things that dont matter.
second of all youve yet to admit when youre wrong.
third of all i feel the sense of self superiority when reading your posts.
fourth of all you don't seem to understand what is joke and what is serious. you post something completely serious like and act like its joke, and then read something completely joke like and take it serious

none of this is meant to offend you, i'm just letting you know what exactly is annoying me, in case you want to take it upon yourself to change your habits for the better.
So let me get this straight.
I defend my points, when someone denies them.
I don't verbally admit I'm wrong (because apparently stopping isn't enough).
You think you're better than me as a human being.
I have ****ty sarcasm detection on the internet.
And people have ****ty sarcasm detection whenever I am sarcastic.

Okay, I see my habits there.
/sarcasm

Sukai

Smash Champion
Dude its kinda hard to tell sarcasm on the internet... unless you know the person
Precisely, but apparently my inabilty to detect sarcasm and make it obvious that I'm sarcastic is both reasons why MarkLoo hates me.

That and he's better than me.

Who else wants me dead?

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
0.0 i thought knux post were epic. He just likes to go into detail to make sure everyone can understand. Oh and no offense, but if knix even thought he was superior then you.....you would know it. WHY CANT MI GET ALONG?!?!?!?!? Knux you do have a sense of humor. The "proof" youtube reply you gave the guy on the epic

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
uh i didnt say i hate you
i said your posts were annoying
i meant that you sound like you feel superior
again i don't hate you.
i don't want you dead.
i dont even know you.
chill out its internet

Sukai

Smash Champion
*facepalm*

I was joking!!
n.n!

Plus, I don't feel superior to anyone!

All men are created equal.

I have opinions, like anyone else, I voice them and defend them when they are questioned, I stop when I see a possible error in my views.
I'm sorry if you misinterpret that as I think I'm better than everyone.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
ring ring ring ring ring ring ring banana phone. ding dong ding dong ding dong ding banana phone!!!! I get this felling...its so appealing. for me and you to get together and sing ...SING ring ring ring ring ring ring ring banana. doop doop be doop be doop ying yang ying yang ying yang ying BANANA PHONE!!!!!.....EPIC FAILURE :)

Sukai

Smash Champion
Now you're cookin' with gas!
You know, I think I'm just gonna troll everyone.

Everyone hates me, thinks I'm a troll, thinks I have some sort of absurd superior complex, fine..

If someone calls you a horse, you punch him in the face.
If someone else calls you a horse, you call him a jerk.
If someone else calls you a horse, then it's time to go shopping for a saddle.

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
im not trying to offend you
im just saying i don't think you're understanding what others are saying and others arent understanding what you mean. and this is the source of alot of conflict.

again.
i don't hate you.

Tennet

Smash Champion
knux you're just taking this all in wrong, can you calm down and try and see what we're trying to say? We don't hate you, D=

Sukai

Smash Champion
I don't think you guys hate me, that's a deliberate overexaggeration--a joke.

I think you guys don't like me very much.

That and I'm wrong about every-****ing-thing and I should know it up front.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't even really know you.

I just never see you back down when you're told that you were misinformed of something (FACT) and defend it as though the point is subjective (OPINION).

But maybe you're just reading/writing into things wrong. Maybe you see us telling you "hey shut up, 2 is way cooler than 1" when we're actually saying "yo, 1 is not actually a bigger number than 2."

Sukai

Smash Champion
I don't mind being wrong about something.

I see it as me stating an opinion, or something I believe to be fact.
You disagree at this and tell me I'm misinformed. If you simply want me to believe this, fat chance, until I am given proof that I'm wrong, I will stick to what I believe.

I don't see why this makes people dislike me.
It's not being stubborn, that'll be to continue arguing after proven wrong without a shadow of a doubt.

Simple as that.

But for some reason, people hate this and find it annoying, even in arguements debates that are strictly opinion-based, and I see it as them saying, "You're wrong about everything, everyone else is right"

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
I don't mind being wrong about something.

I see it as me stating an opinion, or something I believe to be fact.
You disagree at this and tell me I'm misinformed. If you simply want me to believe this, fat chance, until I am given proof that I'm wrong, I will stick to what I believe.

I don't see why this makes people dislike me.
It's not being stubborn, that'll be to continue arguing after proven wrong without a shadow of a doubt.

Simple as that.

But for some reason, people hate this and find it annoying, even in arguements debates that are strictly opinion-based, and I see it as them saying, "You're wrong about everything, everyone else is right"
I think that's the issue, from my perspective it seems like you're always saying "I'm right about everything, everyone else is wrong".

Sukai

Smash Champion
And what do you suggest to remedy this?

Seriously. switch the game board for a sec.

If you make a statement, and I simply tell you that you've been misinformed or express general disagreement, will you simply take it as is, or would you defend your views until proven wrong?

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
i feel like you take arguments personally
like if i say hey i dont think you're right about so and so
you take it as hey i dont like you
when really i just dont think youre right about whatever

anyways this is a really stupid discussion lets stop

Sukai

Smash Champion
I just try to defend my point.....

The only way I take stuff personally is if you say something like "I hate you".
I'm not gonna think you hate me, but some sort of resentment isn't really that radical.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
And what do you suggest to remedy this?

Seriously. switch the game board for a sec.

If you make a statement, and I simply tell you that you've been misinformed or express general disagreement, will you simply take it as is, or would you defend your views until proven wrong?
knux, let's switch the boards for a minute. Imagine that you're surfing the boards, and this one guy, we'll call him cactuarz, posts something that you, and everyone around you think is stupid every couple of days.

example:

(initial statement which is not only completely unrelated to what's going on in the thread, but is something that has flaws left and right)

Cactuarz: So guys, you realize that the holocaust never happened right? USA was at war with them, and to make the people feel better about it and go with them they spread propaganda to make everyone think that there are "nazi's" and that jews are being put to extinction. America helps the Jews whenever they can even though the Jews are the people who are wrong, look at Isreal, don't we help them all the time even though they have WMD's?

(people proving that OP is wrong)

Knuxrouge: But Cactuarz, there's all sorts of jewish people who survived the camps and told stories to everyone, they're living proof of what happened. Not to mention you could see the camps and all the mayhem, and the soldiers saw what happened too. Also, your statement about USA helping Isreal has nothing to do with Jews since they aren't there.

(OP decides to ignore the Isreal part and moves on arguing)

Cactuarz: Again, all propaganda, did YOU actually see it?

(people get frustrated at OP being ignorant)

Knuxrouge: ... CHAINGRABS

And this is how any of your conversations go here on the MI disscussion topic

Sukai

Smash Champion
I hate your example.
Because it reaches to something that is simply absurd.
And once again, this is why I think everyone is say to me, "You're wrong about everything".
Because someone who thinks the holocaust didn't happen, isn't capable of knowing anything.

If that's what you truely think of me, **** you.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
I hate your example.
Because it reaches to something that is simply absurd.

And saying that zhangief has an infinate wakeup chaingrab on everyone isn't simply absurd, even when we prove it to you? or that reading your opponent isn't a part of mindgames, then changing your stance as we prove you wrong to "this small part of mindgames of which I'm choosing to define and troll the hell out of you"? My example was to show how you keep arguing things that we all facepalm when we read, and you don't accept that you might not be right, but have to keep argueing till you win *aka we give up*

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I'm just going to throw this out there -

knuxrouge, you are wrong about everything and you need to know this up front.

Sukai

Smash Champion
And saying that zhangief has an infinate wakeup chaingrab on everyone isn't simply absurd, even when we prove it to you?
Not when compared to the mother****ing holocaust.

or that reading your opponent isn't a part of mindgames, then changing your stance as we prove you wrong to "this small part of mindgames of which I'm choosing to define and troll the hell out of you"?
That was my entire point from jump, just because you don't believe that, doesn't make it not true.

My example was to show how you keep arguing things that we all facepalm when we read, and you don't accept that you might not be right, but have to keep argueing till you win *aka we give up*
So it's so wrong to want to be proven wrong, if I'm really wrong about something?
I was never actually proven wrong, but everyone eventually gangs up on me, and I do in fact consider "maybe I'm wrong about this".
You example could have been better emphasized, to compare my argument with Street Fighter 4 with saying something that is a historic event not happening....

It leads me to think that everyone really does hate me.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Or maybe that's why we get frustrated with you. Cactuarz used an example to illustrate a point and you just focused on what he used for the example to go "RARWRRAWRRAWR YOU MUST HATE ME IF YOU THINK THAT." Seriously, man?

Tennet

Smash Champion
I never met Vay in person, what I see here hes a pretty cool guy eh moves to japan and doesn't afraid of anything.

Top Bottom