• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
I'm bored and I need to play melee. Someone teach me how to play melee. I once took a stock off of some guy named dope, he was apparently like totally good and what not. So you know I'm like totally at least good enough to like take a stock off of some guy.

Seriously.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
I'll teach you how to play melee shaeden, hope you don't mind getting ***** by G&W =p I once took a stock off this guy named SCOTU so I'm super cereal. I wouldn't mind playing tomorrow though, first night i have off in the last week

Tennet

Smash Champion
Scala friday we gotta play unless my friend who moved to OK is going to come over >.> or unless alex is busy again...

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
hey ankoku/scotu or anyone else experienced with recording. i recently discovered i have the ability to record videos. i'd like to take my recording equipment to a tournament. the problem is, i'm not sure what exactly i do with it once i get there. do i hook it up to a tv and leave it recording the entire time? if so, how do i split the videos up afterwards?

Tennet

Smash Champion
ALMOST DONE... I'm going to be SO happy once I don't have to work on this anymore...stupid shopping carts...

Sukai

Smash Champion
Melee report.

Confidence level overall: 60%
Techskill improving greatly, Teching improving well, mindgames going greatly for Roy, moderately satisfactory for Ganon.
Dr. Mario and Marth official secondaries.

Vayseth

Smash Master
BTW, in addition to my smashfest on Wednesday, I am driving to Ann Arbor on Thursday to meet up with some people and get some stuff done. I'll probably be there all day. So, if you live in Ann Arbor and wanna buy stuff, lemme know =D

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Melee report.

Confidence level overall: 60%
Techskill improving greatly, Teching improving well, mindgames going greatly for Roy, moderately satisfactory for Ganon.
Dr. Mario and Marth official secondaries.
mindgames aren't character specific, dude.

Vayseth

Smash Master
mindgames aren't character specific, dude.
Yes they can be. While the term "mindgames" doesn't mean only certain characters can do it, there are definitely character-specific mindgames. However, it generally refers to playing the character differently than the opponent would expect which is obviously not character-specific. I would say that there are characters who have moves which allow them to perform said mindgames better and more effectively however.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yes they can be. While the term "mindgames" doesn't mean only certain characters can do it, there are definitely character-specific mindgames. However, it generally refers to playing the character differently than the opponent would expect which is obviously not character-specific. I would say that there are characters who have moves which allow them to perform said mindgames better and more effectively however.
In the end to avoid any confusion on that matter I decided to separate mixups from mindgames, with mixups being strictly the options a character has to do different things in the same situations, which are then applied through mindgames which are the actual player's thoughts and plans.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Man, that's sad, because I have a friend who I have to point out to him when I'm being sarcastic.

Now I have to do it on the internet.

Top Bottom