• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Vayseth

Smash Master
>.<
Omanko desuka?
... XD

I'm so mad...

IN OTHER NEWS:

SMASHFEST TOMORROW.

It's in Sterling Heights at the Twins's place.
Current times are 6pm-10pm.
I'll have more information tomorrow, just know it's right around 16 mile rd (metro parkway) and Van **** Ave.
Any specifics I can answer tomorrow or get you in touch with the twins.
Thanks!!

IrisKong

Smash Lord
... XD

I'm so mad...

IN OTHER NEWS:

SMASHFEST TOMORROW.

I'll have more information tomorrow, just know it's right around 16 mile rd (metro parkway) and Van **** Ave.
Thanks!!

Oh I see...go there the twins but not me... :( I see how it is, lol

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
If ANYONE can do something today, lemme know via AIM/phone/PM/????/profit, because I'm bored. And Dan, I don't think Tony and I can make it out there and be able to do much with how soon we'd have to head back home afterward. ;.;

a guy i kno

Smash Rookie
... XD

I'm so mad...

IN OTHER NEWS:

SMASHFEST TOMORROW.

Thanks!!
Hey this is one of The Twins. If anyone has any questions about the location or anything, send me a PM and I'll try to respond to it by tomorrow/overnight, or you can call me at (586) 524-4742. Ask for Brett, state your name, forum name, and purpose DAWG

P.S. small correction on time. 5-10 instead of 6-10.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I just told you guys to be there =p you can enter brawl instead of melee if you want =p. just come and do some friendlies and maybe a crew battle =p
No.
No ****ing way.
No ****ing way in hell.
No ****ing way in hell frozen over.
No ****ing way in hell frozen over with a cherry on top.
I'm not doing any crew fights. I hate Melee so much right now.
Can't ****ing get good at it.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
knux, you can't get good at it only because you don't play enough people. Seriously, that's like, the only way to get better, and really easy to do.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Let's do a Brawl crew battle! Team Power Rankings (lain, judge, Anther, SamuraiPanda, Omnsiwell, Needle of Juntah, Rofa) vs the World! Haha

Sukai

Smash Champion
knux, you can't get good at it only because you don't play enough people. Seriously, that's like, the only way to get better, and really easy to do.
I really wish that was it, but I have nothing.
No tech skill, no mindgame, and can play a high/top tier as well as I can piss into a shot glass that's spinning on a record player, that's strapped to a running cheetah's back, while I'm riding a unicycle on a tightrope, blindfolded.
avgn rocks
Seriously, I suck. And the second I think I'm improving, I start ****ing up all over the place and end up getting three stocked by camping, rolldogding and down smashes.
And again, my confidence shatters, like a porcelain nightengale shot from a sniper rifle at a titanium wall, point blank.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
knuxrouge, it doesn't take a high/top tier to become good. It just (usually) makes the path a little easier to reach the lower-mid levels. Late in my first year of Melee I could give some competition to mid-level players, but I had serious trouble with people who did nothing but roll back and forth and fsmash/dsmash when necessary. It's just something you learn to deal with and move on. The only reason you're getting depressed is because instead of working to figure out how the strategy is hitting you and how to beat it, you're just thinking of how scrubby of a tactic it is and getting frustrated at losing to it. I know the feeling. It takes time, don't expect instant improvement in a game like Melee.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I know, I do look for way to get around it, but that's where my *********** in tech(nical) skill comes in. I can't move my character the way I want to, and if I do I can't get consistent with it, and it seems practice does nothing to help.
So despite my strategy to get around something, my lack of ability to perform it correctly makes any strategy moot.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I know, I do look for way to get around it, but that's where my *********** in tech(nical) skill comes in. I can't move my character the way I want to, and if I do I can't get consistent with it, and it seems practice does nothing to help.
So despite my strategy to get around something, my lack of ability to perform it correctly makes any strategy moot.
Eh, can't really help you there. I don't know if you noticed, but the entirety of my tech skill is wavedashing, wavelanding, and being able to shorthop with Sheik. I just try to make the most of it.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's my issue.
My techskill lacks consistency, and I can't stop mid battle and regrasp everything.
It seems the only way I can improve in Melee is to go on a Brawl hiatus, focus purely on Melee, which I really don't want to do, especially since I'm helping Condemned practice, but I might anyway.

Being a sore loser, quitting Melee now, make it feel like Melee won, and I'm not letting that happen.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Oh I see...go there the twins but not me... :( I see how it is, lol
LOL they live 3 miles away and you live... forever away =(

Soooo, my official new game to pick up is BlazBlu. That game is awesome and everyone should play it. I'mma start learning it, mostly because smash isn't widely available and the tournaments they have there are set up strangely so I'm not even going to bother with it anymore when I get there. Picking up BB is a great idea and I suggest all of you do the same!!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
I'm going on a road trip with some buddies for a couple weeks. Won't be back in MI until the beginning of August. Melee after I get back and then after UM starts, though!

hateoni__

Smash Journeyman
I'm not really worried about teams....(jk teams guna be hard) but I'm not staying for singles, and if u wanna come to marcus's tomorrow just text me.. I'llg ive u da address

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Alex, i just read like 2 pages back and i seen alot of stuff. i'm mad as well.

おまんこですか?;)
私をころさないでください。

Top Bottom