• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Nice playing with you, Warriorknight. Not often that I get to play Melee with good people I haven't met before. :(

But today was fun. :)

IrisKong

Smash Lord
Sadly it looks like thursday is out...I didnt realize that my work schedule was changed becuase of Easter...so it looked like Friday is my free day this week if anyone is up for brawl...sorry to the mellee players but I dont do mellee anymore.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Nice playing with you, Warriorknight. Not often that I get to play Melee with good people I haven't met before. :(

But today was fun. :)
Thanks for last night guys, great games. (My controller is to blame for my sloppy technical skill)
WE definetly gotta do that again.

@NarutoShock, I went to that gamestop and i couldnt find a gamecube controller there either. It seems like a new gamecube controller will be impossible to get at this point.

You guys should all get together in one place and play, and i'll come along. The more players the merrier.

I got a spot where i'm gonna party at on saturday night.
However, for friday night i need some good help on where a really good spot is at, and hopefully some of the people here that like goin out to bars or lounges could show me around. I wanna score some Michigan BlTCH3Z!! lol

What's The Point

Smash Master
How is the rest of MI getting to Ohio? My path goes right through Ann Arbor, so wondering if there might be stranglers that need a ride.

And out of curiosity, how is Lain getting to Texas?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Lain took a train to Chicago, and is taking a bus to Houston. He'll be taking a plane back.

And Epic is driving me, Anther, Bowyer, Rofa, and Omni to Ohio.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I just decided to up and program a web server from scratch today. It's awesome and performs reasonably as a small end web server.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
So, I might have some Brawl at my place tonight again (after I finish watching a screening for my class at 9). I might have to because I need to do interview people for my project...

Lain in Texas .... i can just picture him with a cowboy hat on haha
Lain used to live in Texas 'till he moved to MI like 5-6 years ago or something.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
So, I might have some Brawl at my place tonight again (after I finish watching a screening for my class at 9). I might have to because I need to do interview people for my project...

Lain used to live in Texas 'till he moved to MI like 5-6 years ago or something.
wow never knew that

IrisKong

Smash Lord
Today (friday) I have nothing going on aside from maybe going to get a tatoo...but if people want to play smash I would rather do that today, so anyone free should pm me! Again, I live in Howell

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Anyone smashin today? Im down for games.
Or a even better idea. Any parties goin on around the colleges or something? im off tomorrow so yea. Hit me up. Its been pretty boring since ive arrived here.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Anyone smashin today? Im down for games.
Or a even better idea. Any parties goin on around the colleges or something? im off tomorrow so yea. Hit me up. Its been pretty boring since ive arrived here.
I was just up in East Lansing yesterday and it was like a ghost town with it being Easter weekend and all... Ann Arbor doesn't seem much more lively, either.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
One of these days, I really wish we could try doing singles before doubles. Honestly, doubles takes it out of you, and singles lasts SO LONG that by the end of the tournament most people are just out of mental steam. We could try starting singles first, then having doubles start before the end of singles (when there are only a few matches left).

No johns, but at the circuit I was just exhausted near the end. I just didn't have the patience to play slow and use nades. I just felt like being crazy aggressive the whole time, resulting in me losing to people I probably shouldn't have (like Anther [lol] and Xisin). I'd love to try it just once.

hateoni__

Smash Journeyman
One of these days, I really wish we could try doing singles before doubles. Honestly, doubles takes it out of you, and singles lasts SO LONG that by the end of the tournament most people are just out of mental steam. We could try starting singles first, then having doubles start before the end of singles (when there are only a few matches left).

No johns, but at the circuit I was just exhausted near the end. I just didn't have the patience to play slow and use nades. I just felt like being crazy aggressive the whole time, resulting in me losing to people I probably shouldn't have (like Anther [lol] and Xisin). I'd love to try it just once.
I TOTALLY AGREE, doubles is so much more less mind blowing, u don't need to think cause theres so much sht going on u just attack and sht or spam =P

SCOTU

Smash Hero
the only issue w/ doing doubles second is that less people will enter, and there's already a shortage of ppl for doubles compred to singles. Also, there's more ppl playing later in a doubles tournament, so it's easier to leave when you're done in singles than in doubles.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
id be down for that, albeit not much, ive done twice as more doubles tourneys than ive done singles just because im always tired after doubles and dont feel like playing more through the night while already tired

SCOTU

Smash Hero
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YxY4rmv_l_Q&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YxY4rmv_l_Q&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Vayseth

Smash Master
Just in case he didn't see it in the results thread:

**** YEAH OMNI.

The rest of you suck.

EDIT: I just got back so I'm reading up on what happened but... WHAT THE **** IS THIS?:

Lain literally got robbed on the way here. Something about crackheads robbing him or something...it was terrible. And then, he lost his entry badge during the tourney, so he was almost DENIED into the tournament room until Xyro and DugFinn verified his identity. After he was knocked out of brackets, he sort of just disappeared for the rest of the night. Poor guy, he's been through so much this weekend. :(

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
the only issue w/ doing doubles second is that less people will enter, and there's already a shortage of ppl for doubles compred to singles. Also, there's more ppl playing later in a doubles tournament, so it's easier to leave when you're done in singles than in doubles.
Theoretically, yes. But I'd still like to see it happen one of these days.

Also, have you guys seen the great wall of China?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6BrPzWv3sWw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6BrPzWv3sWw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Top Bottom