• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Not that I know of. But here is a quick list of things we noticed:

- D3 can't infinite Mario/Luigi/Samus. He can standing regrab DK to ~47%, but it doesn't work past that. Also, he can no longer infinite grab Bowser or another D3 while they are off the edge (although he still has the walking CG on Bowser).
- Metaknight's tornado is immensely easier to DI out of, rendering it a far less useful attack.
- Pikachu's 0-90 CG on Fox only goes to ~47% now. Pikachu can also no longer CG with forward throw to the same percents he used to (and sometimes he can't at all).
- Falco's downthrow CG is only guaranteed about twice instead of 5 times.

The thing is, some characters don't have chain grabs anymore, but there is a tradeoff. For example, Falco doesn't have the CG to rack up a ton of damage in the beginning anymore, but in 1.0 he struggles to KO. In 1.1, he doesn't have a great CG to rack up damage, but he can kill much easier. It definitely changes the balance in the game, and its really interesting to see the little nuances. 4 stock in 1.1 is actually really fun, and the game is much faster in 1.1. I honestly feel that, from what little experience I have right now, 1.1 feels much more like the game we were expecting to get when we first got Brawl. I'm interested to see if this has potential.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I wonder if this switches out Sheik's ftilt lock for some ftilt fair KO combos.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
multihit attacks are easier to SDI out of because of additional hitlag. Shield stun may be longer for some attacks by a frame.

@whoever said Ike *****, I tried playing Ike in a 1.5x damage ratio "tourney"... he doesn't **** even in that. gtfo him ****** at 1.1

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Snake also dies earlier. Imagine that :D

Just try it out for a bit before you write it off. We ended up switching to 4 stock again because once we got more used to it, we were getting KOs much earlier.

Also, one of the big perks about 1.1 is that you can't powershield most characters' jabs anymore. It always pissed me that they would make a jab combo that wasn't a combo, but in 1.1 a bunch of them can't be powershielded anymore ('cept like Olimar and ZSS). Its really useful to actually have a real jab combo with characters like Ness and Sonic.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
what are these jab combos you speak of

edit:

Hot ArmS: come to ann arbor
Hot ArmS: thats where all the people are
AllyOrNotAlly: I will XD
AllyOrNotAlly: I willl even more IF
Hot ArmS: theres no tourney me thinks
AllyOrNotAlly: you guys host a tourney, that'll give Yes! a good reason to go there

SOMEONE hop on this, make a tourney go go go

Vayseth

Smash Master
what are these jab combos you speak of

edit:

Hot ArmS: come to ann arbor
Hot ArmS: thats where all the people are
AllyOrNotAlly: I will XD
AllyOrNotAlly: I willl even more IF
Hot ArmS: theres no tourney me thinks
AllyOrNotAlly: you guys host a tourney, that'll give Yes! a good reason to go there

SOMEONE hop on this, make a tourney go go go
1. Jab combos are performed by hitting the A button on the ground, usually more than once.
2. Ness, Sonic and Snake had the problem of opponents being able to shield before the third hit of the combo, making it utterly useless. 1.1 removes this issue.
3. ZSS and Olimar have this issue even with 1.1 dmg ratio.
4. No one is running a tournament because that takes a lot of work and if we have no planning + Ally going, no one will show up. (No one = n00bs).
5. You wouldn't go anyway.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
@whoever said Ike *****, I tried playing Ike in a 1.5x damage ratio "tourney"... he doesn't **** even in that. gtfo him ****** at 1.1
Really!? I thought someone would destroy everyone with him on 1.1, I guess it's better when it comes to teams or free for all's. =/

Vayseth

Smash Master
I'm already hosting a tourney this january that's drawing out of state participation, and potentially RyanEX from Canada. So basically, I've already done that, just let him know about it XD.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5925351
He meant before Ally goes back home, which is before your tournament.

And Ike is still Ike no matter what dmg ratio he's at. His attacks are just as hard to hit so just don't get hit by his huge attacks. It's really NOT hard lol. Not to mention, this is why you increase it to 4 stock matches, same time limit.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hi everyone, let me tell you a story. So, on the weekend of the 13th, FastLikeMe randomly IMs me to brag that he's playing Melee. I guess I'm feeling rather cynical at the time, because I reply that I'm basically not impressed and there's only one good Melee player in Michigan (starts with 'S' and ends with 'haeden') any more. There's a little argument about this as he claims Anther's the best Melee player in MI (somehow), and then I make a little boast about few people in MI being able to beat me (since few people in MI even play Melee any more) and he tells me "Psh, please. You've never played me."

Well, I turn this into a MM challenge and ask him to leave me an address so we can get this going. Nope. He wants to go to me. I figure I'll be spending most of the day with SCOTU and company on Wednesday, so I give him their apartment's address and tell him to show up on Wednesday (the 17th). He says something about having a job and how it'd be better to wait until after New Years' (basically a whole three weeks later than that weekend). Fine. Whatever. If he's actually busy, or if he wants to practice up his Melee, he can have the time.
Well, fast-forward to December 23.

Hah, yeah right. "Consider myself lucky?" I'm not letting you off with something like that.

...Oh. Well, that's unfortunate. I believe my words were "No johns, kid. If you can't do it that week, we'll just play the next." I mean, what's another week compared to the three he's already delaying this by, right?

Um, wow. Well, this sucks. But I guess it's not too unexpected. After all, this has happened to me before. So, to recap, I can't go to him because when I asked for an address he literally responded with "no u." He couldn't come within a week because a job or something prevented him from doing so. He couldn't come on the day he scheduled because his team had practice. He now REFUSES to go through with the MM with me because he sucks and he doesn't want to lose money he had already put up over it. Oh, and furthermore, he edited his post a bit. Apparently I'm abusing my moderator powers on him, even though I haven't done a single bit of moderating to him or his posts.

Yeah, that's right. One reply, which he deleted for "trolling," and now I'm abusing my moderator powers in order to harass him.

Moral of this story: Bad people are bad, and stupid people are stupid, but here in Michigan, you'll never find a bad player stupid enough to outright give you large amounts of his money. Oh, he'll talk the talk, but come game time he'll just back down and somehow it's your fault.

Hope everyone had a merry Christmas Eve. I certainly enjoyed mine. I also got some Pocky.

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
(starts with 'S' and ends with 'cotu')
Fixed.

Stop spreading false information.

Also fastlikeme beat me in a 100 dollar mm, I doubt he actually backed down for a reason that isn't true. I made the mistake of thinking I was that much better than him. Way to be a cocky ***** assuming that he's just trying to get out of a 40 dollar match.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
lol, FastLikeMe, you fail.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Also, I got a GPS system for Christmas so now I won't have any trouble getting to tourneys in other states <-- hint that I'm willing to travel oos somewhat often, lol

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Merry Christmas everyone.

Also, I got a GPS system for Christmas so now I won't have any trouble getting to tourneys in other states <-- hint that I'm willing to travel oos somewhat often, lol
nice i gots an i touch and clothes

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
ughh, but i'm just starting to get good as MK... I don't want to have to learn another character all over again or learn how to play MK in 1.1 :/

Top Bottom