• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

darE::to::Dream

Smash Journeyman
Repetition is not very fun, in my opinion. That's why so much of MI plays Captain Falcon and tries to do the craziest ****.

Standing around against a Falco is the worst plan, ever. By the way, why is it only Final Destination, 3 stocks? Most places go by 4 stocks, and playing only FD will never teach you or your friends how to use and deal with platforms.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
my friends never want to play anywhere other than FD and it was 3 stocks because we didnt want the matches to take so long since i used my digital camera and it only held a certain amount of total minutes for videos

and as for the repeitition i see your point but idk its more fun imo and looks better when youre watching it XD

SCOTU

Smash Hero
i don't know kerp, melee's been around for a long time.... and this time there are two pikas... Have you ever played classic mode? you'll see a whole bunch of pikas sometimes.

================SO================

What is everyone doing tomorrow? I'm up if someone's hosting, so just let me know when/ where.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
We might be doing something here in AA, just call me/Will

number for me: (734)-546-0548

Smash Journeyman
Your brother's not bad for his age. He needs to Utilt, tech, and fastfall more, but at least he's playing more like a Marth than that other guy you were playing the last night.

You seem to be pretty lost when you can't just laser your opponent to hell. Every time your brother jumped out of your SHLs you would either be very predictable or just stand there unsure of what to do. Or just keep SHLing. Predictability really showed itself here... you kept doing the same thing over and over, which would hit a couple times, but would more often kill you. What the hell were you doing on every single respawn? Failed attempts at Oldest Trick? Don't do that ****. Also, you suck at spacing. On most of Marth's laggy attacks (Up B onto stage, Shield Breaker, Fsmash) you waited and missed with your attack afterward. You have the tech, but as those videos showed, you seem to simply be getting beaten by someone who knows what you do.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
yeah he knows how i play, and he played weird in those matches i thought, hes usually better than that ie more utilts, and fastfalled shorthops, he still cant l cancel though. I thought i was less repetitive than my matches from yesterday but i guess not, hes coming with me to the library tourny on saturday if you know about that from sheepy or lain

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
lol yeah he beats me most of the time, we played another set just now so that ppl can see his marth too and criticize or what not, this time he played how he usually plays, even better than the ones i have on youtube right now, but youtube wont let me upload videos at the moment so ill try tomorrow i guess

SCOTU

Smash Hero

I don't think i've ever seen that many shffld shieldbreakers at once before. and apparently your brother doesn't know the backthrow>fsmash>gimp combo. he keeps trying the dair, much harder to do it with.

Anther

Smash Champion
what's up with the discouragingly critical criticism x.X.. he didn't say he was pro gosh darnit.

So what smash is going on today Sheepy/Will?!?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
hey, i just woke up after 12 hrs of sleep. so don't go dissing sleeping. Although it is the biggest waste of time in human history.

EDIT: Erad, I like the new sig

lain

Smash Master
well i'm currently not sure what i'm doing today.

either korora will drive me to Erad's, and we smash there. or you guys can come to Ann Arbor to rob's house.

i'll know at 4 so check this thread at 4 or 4:30 or w/e. i'll just call anther probably too.

know that when we play.... you'll witness the awesomeness of my new character.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I don't think i've ever seen that many shffld shieldbreakers at once before. and apparently your brother doesn't know the backthrow>fsmash>gimp combo. he keeps trying the dair, much harder to do it with.
yeah he knows that dunno why he was playing weird that time but i have new ones up that has him playing more of how he usually plays

Smash Journeyman
And all of a sudden it looks like nobody's coming.

When I go to the library Saturday, I'm going to be asking for a lot of MMs to make it worth all this bull****.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
well, i wanted to go, and play some good ppl and play tony again, but then he was having low participation, but if you're going, i'm going. I figured the show me you moves clip would convince ppl to go.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Scotu, bring your recording equipment, and also Will and I will try to make it and bring something or... something

SCOTU

Smash Hero
glad you could make it to FC sheepy, you should've come to our practice/ smashfest today, it was pretty kick ***. and 123-Captain Falcon >> 279-Ganondorf.

Well, this t'sux. since my audio in is one in for digital, line in, and mic, and it defaults to digital, no audio was captured for this smashfest. again. startin to piss me off. well, tony, think of it this way, there's more work (i mean... fun) for you to do, like take matches ppl like, and put music to them.

Top Bottom