• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
lol read the description of the video, we didnt know/couldnt do advanced techs then

edit: lains gonna come in here and say i still cant

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Yeah, i saw that, i just don't know if you can now or not, and if you'd have just taken you're then fox, and thrown in zelgadis level stuff, it'd be really good.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
yeah i can do that stuff now, just not close to where youre at, anyways i dont use fox so i dont do much with trying to get good with him

SCOTU

Smash Hero
that's a very bold statement, and a rather direct insult and kinda harsh. but i can waveshine marth across FD, so don't go making comments like that against me.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
ive done that to a link once, though im pretty sure that was just a fluke. What story though? like how you think youre godly over me after 3-1'ing me in a set?

darE::to::Dream

Smash Journeyman
Well, personally I think lain has a right to be upset with you after you backing out on a MM scheduled from a while ago. If you want to prove yourself, go beat him.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Guys, he's not even from Ann Arbor. He's so obnoxious he's from Saline.

I can waveshine -> u-smash Marth, or at least I could a while ago.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
lol @ enzyme cant argue with that.........though im not white >.>

Id put saline in my location but no one knows where saline is so i just put ann arbor, so lain $1 mm?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
why don't you just *give* lain a dollar. you need some reason for yourself to win, $5 MM him. or me.

EDIT: sheepy, the waveshine>waveshine is harder on marth than the waveshine>usmash because the shine needs to be jc'd. and last time i checked, not to many ppl around here jc shines.

Butters

Smash Apprentice
All you GR kids needs to make the big scrub MI topic and stay out of this one. Ever since I left MI last december all you poonans took over this board talking about hitching rides to each other's houses and crap. Nobody good/I remember can even post here because you all won't stfu.

Anther

Smash Champion
Michigan's topic is outdated, with Jv not coming on here very often. The front page has fests from last summer, and this way the oldbies don't have to worry about their posts disappearing in an instant to us talking about smash.. or other elitist poonan <-- (x.X) poo actions they take part in x_X. regardless of the fact they did the exact same thing before their interest began to wane. Who knows, we might turn into forum a******* when we get tired of the game and want to talk about drinking all the time x_X.

I mean this thread doesn't really have any true incentive to stay attached to it except for the fact that its huge.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
and i can infinite waveshine marth.... against a wall >.<

I like this topic. It holds memories of how I discovered the first real smashfest I went to like two years ago even though I didn't go to another real one until this year.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
eh, there'll be another topic once we get more detail on (and get closer temporally) our biweeklies, so then some of this discussion will be moved there.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's a tournament at our library on the 30th, from like 12-5. Lain and I can go to a smashfest after that.

You guys can come if you want. The rules aren't bad but everyone there is pretty bad at Smash.

As for a new topic, meh. I like this topic just fine, but if people want a new one I'm fine with that. It is kind of annoying how every two or so months someone'll come in and say "I've been here forever and I want peace and quiet in MY thread because I have been here forever."

Randizzle

Smash Ace
A lot of people just feel like being elitist is all. but it's cool with me.

If I'm not doing anything, I'm interested in stopping by. ALthough I heard that it's only open to grade 6-12 students, which means that most of us can't actually participate. But who knows, I might be in the mood for some noob farming with some mms against some cocky high school kids.

I will eat your first born child if you don't win that tourney sheepy. Same goes to you, lain.

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
new topic? no way you god**** liberals...

anther, nice job making it to the finals of the planetx thing... maybe i'll show up next time and give you some more competition. prolly get wiped out by a higher tier character before i get to you though. :)

is acro done with tourneys for real, surprised i didn't see his name in the top 3?

kagu, where were you? i'm free this weekend for some smash if you and locke are interested. my friend's gonna be up from warren.

Fallen C

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to ann arbor this weekend and 2 of my friends need places to stay. So anyone remotely close to AA. It would be worth it even if it was a half hour away. Actually it would be even better if it was like a half hour -45 min east of AA. If anyone can house 1 of them or both that would be great. They are pretty good at smash if that makes a difference.

Anther

Smash Champion
Rash you act like Pikachu isn't High tier, what's wrong with everyone telling me my character sux. He may the worst grab range in the game and has like 0 approaches, light as hell, can't touch falco, gets chainthrown to death by sheik, has no range to combat the shine, subpar tech chasing/combing ability, but definitely high tier.

Smash Journeyman
Rash you act like Pikachu isn't High tier, what's wrong with everyone telling me my character sux. He may the worst grab range in the game and has like 0 approaches, light as hell, can't touch falco, gets chainthrown to death by sheik, has no range to combat the shine, subpar tech chasing/combing ability, but definitely high tier.
I kept telling you that you should've gone Pikachu in the final round. I have no idea why you decided to lose the two rounds that you used Fox in.

kerploplesteesh

Smash Journeyman
hey now... lets not bash anther. He is insecure about his skills as a pokemon trainer. Anther has a long way to go before he gets the 8 badges and actually EVOLVES his pikachu into the ultimate rudechu, taking out maciej in a single lightning attack.

(we all live in a pokemon world)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
that was pretty funny (moreso about the drugrats). And besides, anther's going to be the very best, like no one ever was.

D

Deleted member

I've been here for over 9,000 posts and since page 1 of the topic. Owned lol.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
*waits for someone to make that stupid "over 9000 joke"*

Nothing wrong with the current topic, but Anther and Erad have interesting ideas from what I was told if they ever decide to actually make a new one.

****, I'm posting a lot today.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Andrew, you having a smashfest this friday as well? someone mentioned you were having one in AA, and i'm up for going.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Yayy i got videos from today

My falco vs a marth (the marth doesnt play marth, thats why you can hear him say hes going to try doc next in the video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaxoqvTBvrE

My falco vs a samus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fYGs30XsYE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shIZbTAAQc0

My marth vs the same samus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWGnO4ebrHo

My C falcon w00t
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mg9FcywguU

this is what happens when you dont use a character for a long time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfifNFoC6Jo

Smash Journeyman
I see decent tech skill, but no mindgames. I see that you can SHL and use Shine-DAir combos, but any respectable Falco can. However, I don't see many Falcos approach solely with SHL to Shine, for good reason. Consider your options a little.

Also, please ask your opponents to start moving some more. There's a lot of standing still going on.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
beastlie32: apparently you stand around too much
silverflame: man, its just against falco
silverflame: meh
silverflame: dont blame me
silverflame: stupid lasers

thanks for the critique, ill be working on that approach, i guess i just use shl to shine alot cause its more fun to play that way >.>

also i should be able to get my brothers marth (100x better than the marth i played with today) in a couple vids tomorrow, he was too lazy to play today

Top Bottom