• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Randizzle

Smash Ace
Vidjogamer
Saduhari Inui
Z
randizzle
Marth101
The Blackstar
vZakat
Entreri

gonna be a very uphill battle...

worst case, I'll finish early and play some friendlies with petre =)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
ouch. OUCH. well, good luck man. I hope i make it out of pools. Are there multiple rounds of pools like at pound?

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
its been FOREVER since i posted. People still play this game? if there were tournaments in midland anymore maybe i'd play once in a while. Acro wanna play some time? If we can just go to the lake and get drunk that would be way better :)

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, man, i haven't posted in forever. Heh, i figured i'd check this topic since i havent been here for so long. I might randomly drop by one of these next smashfests, been up for a good match for awhile now.

On a side note, whats up with me not bein the retired players list, its like i was forgotten:{

EDIT:now that i take a look, liptonbuddys house bisnt one of the locations anymore,somethin happen that i missed?

Randizzle

Smash Ace
i think that actually scotu has a decent chance out of his first pool.

the only people from MI that actually have a chance into top32 (out of the pools) are probably mikey, dope, and montross.

Anther

Smash Champion
I'd be willing to put some money on mah man Bigy either borderlining the 3rd pool provided it isn't a deathpool XD.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
bigy will make it out of at least one pool. 2 pools if he doesn't get a death pool second round. 3rd might be a tough shot... either way, i'll be chearing his falcon on if i'm not busy getting ***** in roy ditto mms.

Anther

Smash Champion
hole lotta fun lolz ... I don't get it.

I did wons a set juntah. I know I should be better than that though, right?! >.>. I'll think I can base how far I've come along against ya Joel, cause I knew I couldn't beat you at MU1.. now.. we'll see. Yeah, Pika vs Sheik is too fun... wooooooo.. love that matchup.

B

BigLittleDave

anyone in the midland/flint area interested in playing with a couple strangers today?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Yes. I always like playing new ppl. Now, since i Won't host today... find somewhere to host where i've already gone.... (i'm not interested enough to go somewhere new today to play ppl who are likely not professionals).

Edit: you should change your avatar, at first i though i posted something.

kerploplesteesh

Smash Journeyman
LOL, what exactly do you mean by professional?

I could probably count on one hand all the people that i consider "professionals" in MI

also, technically, there is no such thing as a professional smasher. Youd have to be able to sustain yourself without any other income. (unless maybe youre ken, but still i dont think thats enough)

Anther

Smash Champion
Forward does that Kerplop, he's travelling the country on tourney winnings, apparently hasn't been home for 6-7 months.

And I'm sure Scotu's talking about people that are a lil more experienced in tourney play than not at all =X

Randizzle

Smash Ace
smash just isn't a game you can sustain yourself on. even in his best year even sephirothken didn't make much more than someone working minimum wage from smash. First person shooters are where the money is. Or Starcraft if you're korean. zerg rush kekekekeke ^________^

regardless, you're very right in saying that you can count on one hand all the pro smashers in michigan.

Firebrand713

Smash Apprentice
Protoss nub mass carriers loses to valks/ghosts. 2 valks + 2 ghosts = a fleet of dead carriers.

Terrans took the most skill to play, and they were the best race by far. I wish I could find the video of the korean guy killing a lurker with 3 marines by moving them around the lurker in a triangle stopping at each point to shoot, and making it so that the lurkers spikes never went out when they were stationary... While SIMULTANIOUSLY building his base. Talk about perfect control.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
goliaths **** carriers, much more efficient than any other antiair.

terran definitely takes less skill than toss or zerg. tank push + drops = gg. I know my starcraft... used to ladder back in the day.

hey, isn't this SMASHboards?

Anther

Smash Champion
Valks 6 damage missles vs carrier and their inconsistent damage ... not a counter with a unit with 5 armor.. at least not with 2 valks XD.

He wasn't macroing during that stunt -.O

Terran was by far the scariest, but zerg by far the sweetest... toss was just messed up =9.

2ghost + 2valks = horrible *** counter to fleet carriers XD.

Top Bottom