• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Dopey

Smash Lord
nothin like hittin a tourny at 8am lol. get the fux on AIM when u get up dave or butters.

Acro

Smash Ace
lol true that is what midland doing as well!! we got some good sleep last night tho so we can come pwn you guys

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
:-( Nuts... I don't have a cube at home so winter break = no smash for me. I think I could cry. :`-(
Hopefully I can go to some of my n00b friend's house who have cubes and SSBM. All they want to do is play Halo, tho. :-(

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
Ok, looks like we're gonna try to set up Smash in northern housing at LTU on Wednesday. I'll have it set up anywhere between noon and 8 (2pm-8pm most likely) but I'll have to check on Monday as to where we're going to set this up. If anyone's interested, AIM or PM me so I know about how many people to accomodate for. I should have more details posted by the end of monday.

Espio and Viridian expressed some interest in going and if Butters, Brown, Naruto, or Mark want to stop by for a rematch, we'll have more time for a few MMs this time. :)

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
I just got back from the Lansing smash, it was a lot of fun. It was my first tournament type thing. We did a low tier tourny and when I left, it was acro dope, and a couple others left. Acro was drunk off his *** and his mewto barely beat my link.

espiochamaeleo

Smash Cadet
If I went to the thing this Wednesday, I'd only be there until about 5pm since I have work at six, but I'll probably still go as I have nothing else to do. So send me some details on where this is going to be or something.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, when would be a good date for a tournament in Ann Arbor?

We have the venue secured.

ItoBandito

Smash Apprentice
The "tournament" was good times. We only had 12 people, so we just had a $2 low tier tournament, which was pretty fun anyway. Acro got drunk, Dope got drunk, both puked, and neither cleaned it up. Nobody even told me Dope puked.

Anyway, results:
1st: Joel (Needle of Juntah) $14
2nd: Dirj (I think) $6
3rd: Acro $4

Then I don't really remember, so yeah. Either way, it was good times.

Also, Acro, you left one of your converters here.

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
@Sheepyman: A Friday night or a Saturday in the first two weeks of January would be good. Anyone show up for the MKDD and smash deal, and how'd that go?

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
I got 13th.

I was averaging 3rd in my MKDD and 1st in my Smash, but then people started 3 on 1ing me and eventually they were able to knock me out of the tournament ):

The other person (this kid from Kalamazoo) is about as good as I am, and he got 3v1'd in finals (he's better at Kart than I am). The match started out as a sort of 2v2 because the four players were in two different clans, but then one of them was like "well I live next to those two guys and so that's why I'm switching" and he dealt with a 3v1. The 3v1 that led to me being knocked out of the tourney was against better players, but we had one in common, this asian dickface. Anyways, the kid from Kalamazoo ended up getting 1st and 2nd in the smash matches. Still lost because the non-asian ******s decided to help the asian kid win the kart races.

Acro

Smash Ace
lansing is always fun :) haha sucks that there wasnt enough people for a real tourny tho... good game trail going to chicago when theres a tournament happening like 2 mins away!

RapE

Smash Ace
Well yeah i was doing pretty horrible but ok for being slightly out of it and i picked up a new low teir ZELDA for the motha ****ain win mother ****er!

Acro

Smash Ace
and i'v decided mewtwo is not good enough to compete with a good G&W so i need a new low tier... prob gonna be DK/Link

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
Acro, your mewto was still pretty good. I almost beat your drunk fox with my shiek, I was so close. It sucks that i had to leave early, but it was fun, I am definitely going to try to get to the next one too.

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
Ya, I have to agree with Rash there... that's a totally wack way to do it! They prolly did FFA cuz it took less time to complete and get people through to the end of the completion. Even if they did team up, if they're n00bish enough, a bit o' the ol' "evade, jump between them, and make them hit each other" would probably help. :-)

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
nah, I was on Great Bay. There were two Marths.

What happened was that I was on the turtle shooting lasers, but then it decided to come down. That's when they were like "let's 3v1 him". When I came back, there was a Marth sitting on the bottom right platform and one above. I couldn't get past one without the other hitting me. The Jiggs was sitting ontop of tingle, so he broke tingle's balloon and went to sit behind the Marth on the large central platform.

And these guys weren't that dumb, because I taught them how to cg, wd, shffl, etc. So I got f-smashed off the stage and then it was edgeguard to death.

When I respawned I immediately killed the Marth on the right (the jiggs was just sitting around on the right, and moved over to the right platform) however, he was saved by the turtle, and, unfortunately, while I attempted to edgeguard, was hit by another f-smash from the other Marth, leading to my death.

It was 2 stock megalameness.

January 13th! I'll make a post in Tournament Disc. tomorrow.

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
wow... bummer, dude. it would be funny if it wasn't so sucky. :-)
when did you teach these guys all those tricks? between matches or something? or did you know them beforehand?

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Russ. Where do you think we could set this up at in north housing and is there room for more than one cube? I'm probably gonna stop by tomorrow there after my finals because i haven't been inside that building for awhile.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
stro/macej/justin/joel/james/nar

if you guys wanna smash this week hit me up or aim or my cell. me/adam/dave r/dave c are trying to get something together. probably wednesday or thursday

RapE

Smash Ace
OMG JV we want to play with you guys its been awhile sense we saw you, lipton, dave, and maceij

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Russ. Where do you think we could set this up at in north housing and is there room for more than one cube? I'm probably gonna stop by tomorrow there after my finals because i haven't been inside that building for awhile.
Dang... you're really making me want to go to that... Unfortunately, my last final is on Tuesday and I really wanted to go home after that. Hmm. I don't know about Monday. I'm gonna be REALLY busy and such with finals. It'd be too much out of my way to help you there. You probably CAN find plenty of people to open the door for you if that's what you're concerned about.

I do know that you CAN gank the big TV from 3rd floor lounge and bring it to first floor and have 2 going at once. The 3rd floor guys have been ganking ours for Halo parties so it's only fair that we retaliate back. :chuckle:

The only time I really think I could give you a tour, etc of the dorm would be after 9pm (my last final of the day). If you wanted to stick around till then, maybe.

****Wednesday night****
Ice Cream Sundae event thing at North Housing at 11pm.
I'm not sure how long you're planning to stay, but that's available if you're interested, FYI.

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
Well, my last final ends at 8 so I can definately wait around until 9. You can catch me in the main lobby of the Buell building where you guys normally hang out or otherwise I'll be playing smash in the usual room until 9. :p

@ JV: Why not come up to LTU on Wed? If anyone lives in the waterford, auburn hills, or pontiac area, i can give a few rides.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
OMG JV we want to play with you guys its been awhile sense we saw you, lipton, dave, and maceij
yeah man if we hooked up a location big enough/with enough setups you guys are more than welcome. i consider you guys the next closest to us as far as old school smashers in michigan.

Rash wheres ltu? How big/how many setups you got? Can we drink (not **** faced drink but im over 21.. so couple beers drink)? What times?

Acro

Smash Ace
yeah sometime we'll all have to play. i wanna play the ltu kids at some point too.. lol we all need to go there one day and show em how its done

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
a stay of the link thats my low tier command and yeah it was fun me and **** where owning a few ppl while we were on teams especially double puffs lol but im glad my links gotten better so stupid sheiks just cant push him off now lol

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Some day i'll travel with midland crew again, lol i don't know where tho. but all these guys suck with captain falcon, and need someone to show them his moves. That would be me.

moonwalk ftilt dope. I know, i know, it's ****in unstoppale

Butters

Smash Apprentice
Today is the day kids. Butters is going to be MIA from MI smash for a while, and I do mean while. I'm leaving today for AF basic. Hmmmm, I might have to go and suck at smash with the south atlantic crew during tech school. Keep is reals guys. MS4L.

Acro

Smash Ace
lol i learned to moonwalk in lansing :) funny how i tried for like an hour before and then dope showed me in 1 min...

RapE

Smash Ace
Im gonna miss butters cause keith wont get cut anymore! lol but yeah we could get together wends. i mean we miss you guys its been a long while!

Double puff for the win!

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
nah, I was on Great Bay. There were two Marths.

And these guys weren't that dumb, because I taught them how to cg, wd, shffl, etc. So I got f-smashed off the stage and then it was edgeguard to death.

When I respawned I immediately killed the Marth on the right (the jiggs was just sitting around on the right, and moved over to the right platform) however, he was saved by the turtle, and, unfortunately, while I attempted to edgeguard, was hit by another f-smash from the other Marth, leading to my death.

It was 2 stock megalameness.

I was the jiggly lol, the 3 v 1 is lame i gotta admit, i only hit you once anyway........and you didnt teach me anything with jiggs

Top Bottom