• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

RapE

Smash Ace
I <3 butters you better be coming to midland saturday and bring hochi or some random strubs i need teams practice **** it lol

Butters

Smash Apprentice
It aint drunk driving when the car is in a parking spot kids. If I have the car saturday Dope and I should make it out there. SEMI vs. midland MM?

Acro

Smash Ace
haha no thanks dope would beat our whole crew. we tried that kinda thing before except it was 2 against like 8... we wouldnt have even taken out one of the good people except for the fact that jessie sd's so james can play

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
just letting everyone know, that if you can pass for a highschooler and want a Wii...

the free entry tournament at the ann arbor district library has a Wii, iPod and Black DS as prizes this month.

your only competition (in smash; you have to be able to play MKDD too) would be me, and these two guys from somewhere. i taught them advanced tech so they don't even know about smashboards

AADL said:
So, the Wildcard Tournament will start off with a qualification round with every player getting two races and two battles. The top 32 players will move on to another round of two races and two battles, then the top 16 will move on to another round of two races and two battles, and then the top 8 will advance to the Grand Championship. Understand? The big thing here will be that unlike any previous AADL-GT event, you will be able to choose your characters and karts, all of which will be unlocked. However, there will be three rules there: Karts will be picked in season leaderboard order (we'll have the seating reflect this), but you can't pick both identical characters (i.e. no picking both koopas or both toads), and the parade and pipe karts are banned.

We will have both Melee and Kart running simultaneously, so you'll basically have two matches on each side of the room for a given round of the tournament. We will have assigned seats for P1-P4 on the Mario Kart side of the room so that you'll have a good view of your part of the screen. This format will not only allow us to get lots of matches played quickly, but it will also make it so that a single loss won't likely knock you out.

All tiebreakers will be at my discretion and may involve ancient games. Muhahahaha.

The Grands themselves will work the same way, complete with leaderboard-based character & kart choices, with each round consisting of two races and two battles for each player and score-based elimination. Semifinals and finals round may be reduced to one round of each, but I hope to avoid that. This will decrease the excitement of the final match, but it should be more fair for everyone and a better measurement of your combined skill at Super Smash and Double Dash. The Grand finals will NOT be a surprise game.
you guys would have to get in through the wildcard. worth a try if you really want a wii/ipod/blackdslite.

again, entry is free but the really bad part is no drinking at the library and there's no slapping people with dildos and no smoking but you can go outside and smoke but i did that last time and missed one of my matches but i was smoking spirits and they take an extra few minutes. also items are on and i don't know if it's ffa or not. i think finals are 1v1 and before that it's ffa but anybody as good as me (and everyone in midland should be, since we started playing at the same time) should **** ffa anyway

it starts around 12 so if you want to go pm me and i'll give you my house address. meet me there and i'll take you to the library and you can play mkdd/ssbm at my house. it's like a 5-8 minute walk from my house but if you really want to drive you can.

i'm high right now so pardon the english

another bad thing is that it's the 16th

don't know how that works with your schedules but i think that's the same day as the lansing thing too lazy to check though

also i can get you lots of moneymatches because a LOT of the people there think they're the best ****ers ever at everything

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
I have been playing a little more lately.. I'm not going to be puttng money on any matches or anything, but I was beating As Money in most of the matches tonight, just depending on the matchups. my marth vs his marth didn't really work out too well for me...

Dopey

Smash Lord
think i can pass for a HSer with my beard? just tell them im an early bloomer lolll

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
if you shave nobody'll say anything

there are seniors that look older than you at my school

plus fake chs ids are really easy to make

also MKDD is VERY easy. if you play it for about an hour you'll be decent enough so that you'll be doing okay in your races and winning all your smash matches which would get you to the prize round. plus a lot of people in the grand finals are smash players that don't play ANY mariokart

RussellChamp

Smash Apprentice
wow! ***ing sweet! That sounds like a TON of fun! Unfortunately, I'm not sure that I'd pass as a HS'er... maybe... I'm busy with projects and stuff anywho... that's right near where I live, too! :-(

King Malice

Smash Ace
.. Sheeps, do I need an ID for that? Because I lost my ID, I can't even cash my check by myself because of it.

Do you think my little brother could pass for a highschooler? He is godly at MKDD. xD

RapE

Smash Ace
so who all is coming this weekend i want dope and butters to come maybe hochi and ito would be sweet but we will have a good gathering hopefully!

and we may do crew, low teir tourny, hell maybe even a 1$ singles tourny if people want it going to be sweet everyone should come its tomorrow....

Midland Smashfest
1705 ardmore St
Midland,MI

Starts at 2-till whenever we want to stop which is usually 4 in the morning on average!

My cell number is: 708-8378 if you need help getting there!

ItoBandito

Smash Apprentice
I'd be all over that Midland Smashfest if I could. I have work from 11-around 4, but I could get out anywhere from 2-5 because my work is weird like that. If someone could give me a ride, I'd be down, and probably Trail.

Acro

Smash Ace
lol that what i'm doing now... ugh finals blow. but the lansing tourny next weekend willbe 2 good! i think i came in last at every MKDD race I have ever played.. so that is a big false for going to that tourny

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
I'm not paying any money to play smash. sorry guys. I might be around for the midland thing but i'm not paying, so i wont be participating.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
I found a large rectangular space (area 800 sq. feet) with electricity and heating. It's empty with a cement floor, but I could get tables and chairs and setups and stuff.

What do you think? Is 800 sq. feet enough?

EDIT: It's free, that's important.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
What's this? No one wants to pay for a tournament? Hmm... Last I checked, you don't pay there is no pot. Or any pot, of any kind, for that matter.

So if that doesn't bother you, than okay.

RapE

Smash Ace
$ is good your scrubs if you dont want to pay!

This isnt the salvation army!

AS Money

Smash Lord
ya but playing in tournys give such good exp points midland went from like level 2 to like level 30 in a couple and now we're even better

MDidget

Smash Apprentice
I found a large rectangular space (area 800 sq. feet) with electricity and heating. It's empty with a cement floor, but I could get tables and chairs and setups and stuff.

What do you think? Is 800 sq. feet enough?

EDIT: It's free, that's important.
^ I think he meant the venue is free

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I meant the venue's free...

The entry fee would be like 10 dollars.

EDIT: But I always have at least two grams of KB in my pocket, so there would be SOME kind of pot.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
ya but playing in tournys give such good exp points midland went from like level 2 to like level 30 in a couple and now we're even better
Yea especially me!!! oh yea!! I kick ***! Holy ****!!!! ****!!! I can whoop so much ****in ***!!!!! you will all piss!!!! HOLY FICKING **** *****!!

Dope you know what the **** i'm talkin about. Tell the men

Acro

Smash Ace
lol well that way you can get your own wii and play some xcite truck.. -yeah we're getting good cause most of the skill will prob transfer to brawl so its all good.. till i move out of the house and quit smash

Top Bottom