• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

King Malice

Smash Ace
lol the Lansing thing is more casual... come to play and whatnot. We've got a few gamecubes but only one copy of Smash.

A few friends and I are probably going to go to the Midland tourney.
Exact location, Exact date, estimated time someone should arrive, how much it costs for a singles tourney, what rules, where the **** is the thread?

Watty

Smash Lord
so boys hwen u allg etting together so i can come own u all in poker

Acro

Smash Ace
still working on everything for the midland tourny.. it might have to be at my house if we cant figure anything out! which sucks cause my house alwayas gets trashed but oh well

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Exact location, Exact date, estimated time someone should arrive, how much it costs for a singles tourney, what rules, where the **** is the thread?
Uh, are you talking about the Midland thing or my thing?

If you're talking about people getting together at my place... it's totally casual. Basically set up a tournament based on how many people come and play for fun. Nothing too special.

Unless you guys would prefer we host something bigger (in which case it should prolly be much later if there's already one in Midland coming up in 9 days)

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
SMYM was good. Sorry you weren't able to go, Malice. You would have had fun. ;_;

Yes, Dope won the whole thing. I got my usual places, though. Ninth in singles, fifth in teams. At least I'm consistant. *shrug*

I plan on being at the Midland tournament. Can't pass up one that's so close to me... Hee hee. ^_^

King Malice

Smash Ace
SMYM was good. Sorry you weren't able to go, Malice. You would have had fun. ;_;

Yes, Dope won the whole thing. I got my usual places, though. Ninth in singles, fifth in teams. At least I'm consistant. *shrug*

I plan on being at the Midland tournament. Can't pass up one that's so close to me... Hee hee. ^_^
;_; I know, that is why I wanted to come. Why can't any of the Midwest Circuit events be in SE MI? D:

@: Ipslne; ... Where the hell do you live? What day? And wtf?

King Malice

Smash Ace
hahaha, I'll PM anyone who wants to come with my address if they ask for it specifically. I currently live in Lansing, but I'm usually out and about in East Lansing hangin out.
Well, here, I will ask specifically:

Would you please reveal to me the location to where this tourney will be held? And for christ's sake, what day?

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Well, here, I will ask specifically:

Would you please reveal to me the location to where this tourney will be held? And for christ's sake, what day?
Aw hell I don't see why I'd have to be secretive. It's only the internet ;p

I was trying to edit my previous post to include the day, but for some reason it was taking forever.

This Saturday would be what we're shooting for (November 11). When we play just for the hell of it, it's usually a 4 player game, and first one (or two) out passes the controller. When there are more than 7 people, that can get annoying, so if possible bring your set up (we've got one other TV available to us.)

As for a tournament... if we decide to. Remember this is just casual hangin out playin smash.

The address is 1918 Pennsylvania Ave, Lansing, MI 48910.

Let's just make it an open house after 5 PM, but it would be nice if we were informed of who's coming and at what time.

e-mail: Ipslne@gmail.com
AIM: Ipslne

Dopey

Smash Lord
weve been playin casual smash before u got your controller wet. lets get some tourny play in here, thats the best way to get better, playin under preassure. smashfests are always welcome, but were trying to get MI better here, tournys is where its at.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Well if enough people show up and we've got enough setups, then yeah we could do a tournament.

I can't say there will be prizes (money doesn't grow on trees) but based on the turnout, we could hold a less casual tournament at the house.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Lol, so anyone plannin on comming today, or is it too short of notice?

<_< and seriously, no cost. Just casual play... and if there enough people we'll set up a friggin casual tournament. No prize, just pride and honour.

Either way I'm kind of planning on getting drunk tonight, so no matter.

Acro

Smash Ace
We will post the time and location by wednesday for sure but it will be saturday starting around 2 or so most likely. The location is still up in the air since i have one last place i am going to try! If its at my house again i'll get a heater and we can heat the garage so people can drink and all that fun stuff out there.. lmao i still have stains on the walls down here from beer from the FIRST midland tournament sooo trying to keep drinks outside this time! If the tourny is at a hall then drink away :) Everyone bring set ups and tvs if you can since I have a feeling Midland will only be able to provide around four or five! we actually have more tv's than gamecubes too so bring some extra game cubes as well since everyone around here keeps selling theirs

Dopey

Smash Lord
ill bring a cube 4 sure, a TV is a maybe. i need housing with whoever takes me ^^

B

Bang57

Acro, have you tried the community center? That hall is up for rent from anybody i think! Plus you live near it so if it is only for the county or anything, then you are able to rent it! Also, it is huge and really nice. I don't know anything else about it though. Like how much it costs or how late you can stay. You will have to figure that out. We had our after prom thing there for school, and is was the sweetest thing ever! Full access to the pool for everybody! lol. Oh yea.

OH! Dope, we have your controller still. Show up if you want it back! lol. Or else it will be destroyed!! HA HA HA HA!

Butters

Smash Apprentice
James you're on the way but there is so much **** going on for me that day so I might be partying somewhere else so I might leave early. Don't know yet...

Acro

Smash Ace
sounds good guys! butters **** partying anywhere else the party is gonna be in midland son! alright the last chance hall is a negative.. i tried comm center already and its 50 an hour so **** THAT! soooo the tourny will be at my house as usual.. anyone can house here the night of the tournament! 1705 Ardmore St. Midland MI 48642.. Tourny starting at 2 as long as some people arent late *cough southeast cough* and tourny will go until its done! later that night around 12 i'll be going to pick up my WII and people can come with or go attempt to wait in line and get one at a different store throughout midland! .. the rest of the night will be a fun time :) dope we up for 2v1 MM's again haha try to win back your money?? any cubes and tv's will be greatly appreciated... Midland itself will provide probably five tvs and we've only got 2 cubes for those 5 tvs so yeah! BRING CUBES! My house prob wont fit a lot more than five tv's anyway so we'd only need a couple more!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
you have all been invited to OHSNAP2. take a look, payout looks to be over 500 bucks, possibly 1000 or more:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=89506

:)

it's a long drive, but it's going to be a bigger tournament. Dr.Drew is coming, and FLT is coming with JesusFreak, i'm pretty sure. also, South Paw may be bringing along Forward, so there'll be some good competition. plus, i wanna see Mikey own.

Watty

Smash Lord
pfft to all who doubt such things

Hochi go back to drinkings ur tequilla

This weekend is gonna show how dominate Ohio is to the state up North

NarutoShocker

Smash Ace
This sat or friday? I'll be able to make it IF my car works by that time. Apparently, my car is leaking gas, and the battery died on me at the same time that I ran out of gas so it's just on the freeway chillin. But if it works i'd be glad to come.

AS Money

Smash Lord
its saterday go to the M5 thread in the midwest topic mike hasn't updated everything in the tourny disscution **** mine is better

Top Bottom