• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
The same can be said about Salem's experience against a top Wolf, a Lucas of that level, TWO Marth gods (one who plays ZSS himself and I'm sure has played Quiksilver before), Dojo (TX at one time was filled with above average ZSS players like Bio, Dakpo, etc.), and a Japanese player that adapts to everything freakishly well/places in the top spots during every visit. But wait...he overcame all of that because his constant exposure to weird matchups/playstyles on wifi has given him the knowledge to play through any situation so...no johns. The man won Apex, THE tournament - where the skill level was so unbelievably stacked and other top players were certainly playing on point. He doesn't need to ever win another event again as far as I'm concerned, we all know what he's capable of now.

JTsm

Smash Master
Just no johns. It's Apex and you should have been prepared. That should be for all tournies with a decent sum of competitive players.

Not ready? Get bodied.

JTsm

Smash Master
Well either way, I'll most likely go to Rob's. I think adding Brawl will make a mess of things with 3 events running.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Well either way, I'll most likely go to Rob's. I think adding Brawl will make a mess of things with 3 events running.

I mean Sweet X went fine with all 3 there so yeah. But either way I will look into just running Brawl unless Rob wants to co-run.

Icemanx5746

Smash Apprentice
I agree salems good but he isn't THAT good, the only reason he won APEX was he overwhelmed everybody because they don't play against zero suit. She isn't that good salem just has nice strings and spacings. But people like nairo that have learned to play against her show salem gets f***ing bodied.
Salem has still been getting top 3 in a lot of recent tournaments, except crossfire 2, Keitaro was on fire 0.o

MR-R plays ZSS, has a high level ZSS near his region, and he still lost.

Otori is a monster who can easily adapt to you mid-match, he still lost.

Nairo beats Salem because he's so good at aggresive play, Zero Suit is shut down is you don't give her room, Nairo's playstyle counters Salem's, just like how Zero's playstyle counters M2K's...

Not mention, Salem is the best with items, he's got a lot of talent, and if nobody was prepared for zero suit, its their loss.

Salem won apex because he outplayed everyone.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I mean Sweet X went fine with all 3 there so yeah. But either way I will look into just running Brawl unless Rob wants to co-run.
Alright, thanks Ori. I have Pierpont reserved for 8/10, so I'll definitely be hosting a Melee+PM tourney that day.

Also, I have no doubt I could run a three-game tourney again, but I feel like the quality of the events would suffer a bit because the time, space, and setups would be diluted. So I think I'll stick to two-game tourneys for now.

LOE1

Smash Lord
speaking of getting hype, would anyone be interested in going to Hype III? I spoke with BPOW, and he said he would help out with the gas money. He also made a valid point when he said people travel from so far away to come to some MI tournies. I think we should do the same.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
The gas thing is more or less who is willing to drive and put a lot of wear and tear on their car. I know I wouldn't be able to get my Mom's Camry

stewyian

Smash Ace
speaking of getting hype, would anyone be interested in going to Hype III? I spoke with BPOW, and he said he would help out with the gas money. He also made a valid point when he said people travel from so far away to come to some MI tournies. I think we should do the same.
I wanna ill c if i work or not, and unless some crazy **** goes down the sf will happen tomorrow

zyth

Smash Lord
SMASH 4 TRAILER HAS BEEN LEAKED!!!

GET HYPE
you should be ashamed of yourself for posting such a monstrosity. go sit in a corner

I should be able to make it to the SF tomorrow, and I'm gonna try and install Melee SD remix before i get there. prepare to get bodied by Roy

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
You all are dumb, you act like Internet tough guys and when you are all offline you are chill as ****, especially kyle and sean the worst Internet tough guys NA. idk why you have to act like that at all. Unless you are DRDN, he is enjoyable both offline/online since he is funny as **** regardless.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I agree to disagree, Zyth.

Why don't you like.... hang with OH, SP? Seems like MI is too much for you to handle.
1) I do. Shut up. Get off your high horse. I have lost what respect I had for you if any. I don't care if you're trolling or not.

Real talk though: I'm struggling. I HATE the majority of you online, but when I meet you guys in person you're chill as hell, but that's meaning less and less as time goes by. Like, I only go up there because of FF (especially Ori and not JTSM) , Zinoto, Ally (sorry I forgot you), and some of the new players. Most of you were waaay meaner now than you were a year ago and it's disgusting. It is affecting my interest to attending tournaments in Michigan.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
oh, people are still taking the internet serious?
I don't give a flying **** that this is how you people mess around online. What you people do sets a negative atmosphere to your community, and it discourages people from attending MI Brawl tourneys.

Yet you guys wonder why MI Brawl is dying and why you have so much drama on SWF. I will not give any support to MI Brawl events until you guys shape up your act.

LOE1

Smash Lord
yea I agree, people can troll, but don't troll on serious ****. that can really get to someone. like im sure you guys that are trolling don't actually mean to hurt someone, but it does sometimes. just chill out on some things.

Ryuga

Banned via Warnings
Cold ass Michigan under a ****ing pine tree
1) I do. Shut up. Get off your high horse. I have lost what respect I had for you if any. I don't care if you're trolling or not.

Real talk though: I'm struggling. I HATE the majority of you online, but when I meet you guys in person you're chill as hell, but that's meaning less and less as time goes by. Like, I only go up there because of FF (especially Ori and not JTSM) , Zinoto, Ally (sorry I forgot you), and some of the new players. Most of you were waaay meaner now than you were a year ago and it's disgusting. It is affecting my interest to attending tournaments in Michigan.
LMAO. ROFL

stewyian

Smash Ace
yea I agree, people can troll, but don't troll on serious ****. that can really get to someone. like im sure you guys that are trolling don't actually mean to hurt someone, but it does sometimes. just chill out on some things.
Words of wisdom to live by, you heard it here first guys by young chris

Top Bottom