• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

W.C.N

Smash Lord
There have been many posts that have needed a like button, usually someone's rant about someone being stupid

fZk

Smash Lord
There have been many posts that have needed a like button, usually someone's rant about someone being stupid
You're stupid. For a as many posts that have needed a like button there are dozens and dozens of dumb post like yours that don't need it.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Then it's better to have a function rarely used then not have that function when it'd be convenient

Roller

Smash Legend
The like button is fine. It really doesn't do much of anything. If anything it spares useless posts quoting the person, saying something along the lines of, "I agree."

But this is still a more annoying format, imo. It's dramatically reduced my use of the site.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I like some of the new site navigation tools. After discovering those, my use of the site returned to normal, even though I still hate a lot of the new format stuff, it's all pretty new enough where I can tell myself lies that it'll get better with time.

On the subject of 'likes', I just wish I could like Roller's signature.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
To everyone complaining about the new board format, I really think it will be an example of taking one step back temporarily in order to take five steps forward long-term. You might have liked the old format's aesthetics more, but being forced to get used to the new look is a very small price to pay in exchange for the new features and upgrades to be implemented.

SoulPech

Smash Master
it's hard to tell if MI is just trolling or they legit hate the new format. Maybe give feedback on the new format and see what they can do to improve it. Missing emotes aside, I have no problem with this new change :/

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
My only issue besides the emotes was that it was too dark on the SWF Dark. I switched to SWF Neo Blue and I like it a lot more. The only thing I'm trying to figure out is the spoiler tags, whenever I do one I always seem to get 3 spoiler fields and 2 of them are blank.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
My only issue besides the emotes was that it was too dark on the SWF Dark. I switched to SWF Neo Blue and I like it a lot more. The only thing I'm trying to figure out is the spoiler tags, whenever I do one I always seem to get 3 spoiler fields and 2 of them are blank.
I figured out what's wrong with it. If you're gonna use the collapse tag, you have to make sure the [collapse] and [/collapse] tags are in font size 3 and have no other formatting associated with it (bold, italic, etc).

Example of what happens with font size 3:
testing line 1
testing line 2
testing line 3

Example of what happens with font size 2:
testing line 1
testing line 2
testing line 3

Example of what happens with font size 4:
testing line 1
testing line 2
testing line 3

Example of what happens if you accidentally bold the collapse tags:
testing line 1
testing line 2
testing line 3

zyth

Smash Lord
well besides the janky spoiler tags, many ppl just hate change and it takes them a long time to get used to and accepting new things. when ppl get used to the new layout and tools there wont be as much complaining anymore

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
People ***** about the new layout because they are all *******.

Those ******* need to stop being *******.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I'm with tutu. I haven't/don't really play smash anymore for the past few years. Smashboards is the only frequent smash related thing I do. And with this new format I don't frequent the site anymore so finally a good reason to back away.

But I'm still going to sweet to take apashers money

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I'm with tutu. I haven't/don't really play smash anymore for the past few years. Smashboards is the only frequent smash related thing I do. And with this new format I don't frequent the site anymore so finally a good reason to back away.

But I'm still going to sweet to take apashers money
I can't go anymore.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Just saw this from FB.

= = Michigan Melee Power Ranking [Updated: 2/22/13] = =

Michigan Melee
Power Ranking

1. Duck - Ann Arbor
+1
2. Moose - Ann Arbor
3. Shaeden - Farmington Hills
+1

4. Kalamazhu - Ann Arbor
+1
5. Shady - East Lansing
6. HIV+ - Bloomfield Hills
+2
7. Dope - East Lansing
+0
8. Juggleguy - Ann Arbor
+1
9. Tremor - Howell
*new*
10. RyeJew - St. Clair Shores
*new*

Honorable Mentions (alphabetical order)
Butch G - Ann Arbor

Dre - West Bloomfield

KJH - Detroit

Toadster - East Lansing

Zinoto - Ann Arbor
<--------------------------------------------------- o.O

These players perform well and have defeated some ranked players in tourney, but are just outside the top ten in our opinion.
Did I even enter enough tournaments to be on here?

Roller

Smash Legend
They do an overall ranking system different from what the brawl panel does, utilizing more than a singular "season" for data.

I'm still surprised you're on that tho, lol

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yes Julian, I believe you entered exactly three tournaments in our ranking period, which was the minimum to qualify for the PR.

(IMPULSE, SPAU 2, The Big House 2)

Top Bottom