• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

rsr2

Smash Lord
gifts did you finish your jund midrange deck? when youre done you should send me a decklist ^_^

oh and there are plenty of SCG events in michigan. There was just one in garden city last weekend. the next big event is in grand rapids next weekend, i think theres also something going on in lansing this weekend. Obviously theres local tourneys every weekend but im just talking about big events.

http://griffonevents.com/?page_id=83
A little late but I found out today that I am confirmed going to this.

Roller

Smash Legend
So. I just realized that Affinity is actually a good Modern deck... Despite the bs of artifact lands being banned.

And I have everything I would need for Modern storm, except for a number of the quarter-or-less-per-card commons and such.

Also. There's a Modern GP coming up in Chicago.

Alsoalso. I may be down to go. The event itself would probably be fun, but then I'd also be able to enter Legacy side events and trade all the old duals and stuff in my binder to finish off my legacy decks.

But. I'd need a ride...

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
roller real talk i know nothing of the legacy metagame lolol i was just being a troll :O teach me the ways! Id like to play legacy but its hard to jump in and learn the meta because theres a ton to learn. Ill probably stick to investing in standard just because it is more possible to be decent without making up for tons of lost years.

i might be coming to aa next weekend, mostly to study for the GRE with gio but id be down to hit up a tourney roller. And just play friendlies. My standard deck wont be completely done by then but close. Im also down to travel to tourneys once my GRE is over.

you have old duals? wtf? dog how.

im jealous :( real talk though you should at least make one standard deck. It wont be that expensive considering im sure you have a ton of old stuff you could trade in. We should play sealed next time im in aa

idk what i think of banning artifact lands. Its stupid with respect to like mirrodin but im sure you could find some major abuse for it.

oh and by your description i definitely dont consider that net decking. By net decking i more mean going on tcgplayer and just copying a pros deck. Like me just making Cifkas eggs deck ^__^ as badly as i want to though...

its so cheap and good

Roller

Smash Legend
1) I mean, I'm just jumping back into the Legacy metagame after 3 years away from it. The format is VERY different now, as cards like Delver, Stoneforge mystic, omniscience, etc were not around back when I played. Also, I was never like, super knowledgeable about the metagame as a whole, more so just the local metagame. So I know that feel.

I don't think it's too hard to make up for it though, I've just been watching a lot of archived footage of people playing the top decks for the past ~2 weeks, and paying attention to what cards I need to be aware of/worried about for my deck (especially for therapy targets).

2) There's a Legacy tourney happening Saturday, and a T2 tourney on Sunday of next week. If you wanted to enter Legacy, I have an Affinity deck I could lend you, which is pretty straight forward. Regardless, if you bring trade stuff, there'd be a number of people there with binders full of stuff you may need.

I was looking into making a standard deck earlier today, actually. As I was contemplating making U/R Delver in Legacy after I finish Goblins, and thought, "hmm. This would be like my 5th viable Legacy deck... Maybe I should look into making a T2 deck instead..." Then I looked into some of the Legacy decks, realized I have next to none of the cards, and saw that a LOT of the cards being used were ~$20. I realized it would cost me just as much to make a T2 deck as it would to make a Legacy deck. lmao

I think what I'll probably do is lend a standard guy a legacy deck for the tourney each week, and have him lend me a T2 deck in return.

3) I bought/traded for them? lol, I was actually floored when I looked at the prices the other week. Like. $100 for a Savannah???? I think I got mine for ~$30 each. Wastelands are $40-50 now? They used to be ~$10... I got my Gaea's Cradle for $15 freshman year, thinking it was fairly expensive... Now I see it's worth $70. Inflation is insane.

4) Yeah, I know what you mean by netdecking. That's what I did back in the day for T2 and extended, lol. In Legacy there is a lot more room for innovation, as well as choices for slots to take the deck in different directions, as the cardpool is soooo much bigger. So while netdecking is still a thing, most people just take the framework, and add/subtract a card or 2, and change the number of copies of each card, as well as possibly switch some sb cards to the maindeck, and edit the sideboards to reflect their local metas more.

5) I really wanted to make Cifka's deck too. lmao It's exactly my style, loved watching him play.

Also, when are your GREs? =o

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
2) There's a Legacy tourney happening Saturday, and a T2 tourney on Sunday of next week. If you wanted to enter Legacy, I have an Affinity deck I could lend you, which is pretty straight forward. Regardless, if you bring trade stuff, there'd be a number of people there with binders full of stuff you may need.
thanks thats nice of you ^_^ im going to hopefully have two good standard decks so you could always use one if you wanted. Not sure if you read casually on standard stuff but im working on a junk midrange type deck. And then as a secondary probably rakdos aggro.

Anyways im taking a GRE on the 10th and then another on the 19th :/ ill be done just in time to unrust for ps5 0_o

I might not come to aa this weekend though -.- id like to avoid I96 as much as possible until they catch the shooter. Freaky stuff :/

JTsm

Smash Master
If it's i96, then I'm not too worried about it. I'm more worried about staying at Detroit for the weekend.

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Downtown is the safest part of Detroit. By far.

You'll be fine although as a white boy you.should be cautious of certain places. But anyone needing knowledge of navigating Downtown should just find me if you're unsure.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I don't know. One time, I saw a car drive into the entrance of the Ren Cen, and the driver got pinned down by the cops.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Otori sucks at the MU compared to Tyrant, RAIN and M2K. I would side bet anyone 1
00$ that Tyrant would two stock Mikeneko at least once in a BO5 set.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Have you seen how gay Tyrant is vs Marth? Every single Marth that has played against him EVER hates it. Quote Mr-R: "I can go even with him on the ground but once I'm offstage it's ggs". Mikehaze is 4-23 against him. NEO said he'd ditto him. Tyrant beat Leon in a few MMs iirc. etc

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
thought u werent allowed to gre twice a month
you probably cant do the same one twice in a month but im taking the physics gre and then the general. So theyre unrelated

theres really no reason to be afraid of staying in the ren cen in detroit. Its the nicest part of detroit...

its not like a warzone or something. Thats flint lol. Downtown is safe. Apasher that could happen anywhere -.- drunk/crazy drivers are everywhere

Have you seen how gay Tyrant is vs Marth? Every single Marth that has played against him EVER hates it. Quote Mr-R: "I can go even with him on the ground but once I'm offstage it's ggs". Mikehaze is 4-23 against him. NEO said he'd ditto him. Tyrant beat Leon in a few MMs iirc. etc
mikeneko is like a tier above every other marth, dog

clowsui

Smash Legend
he's better for sure but not a tier better.

he is way better vs olimar (NEO is the only one that comes close, mikeneko is a god at this MU), better vs IC, slightly better vs MK than all the other marths but he is defniitely way worse vs Diddy, is probably even vs Falco, even vs Snake, even vs ZSS...no idea about DDD. if he's better vs DDD too then I'll acknowledge him as being a tier above

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
he's better for sure but not a tier better.

he is way better vs olimar (NEO is the only one that comes close, mikeneko is a god at this MU), better vs IC, slightly better vs MK than all the other marths but he is defniitely way worse vs Diddy, is probably even vs Falco, even vs Snake, even vs ZSS...no idea about DDD. if he's better vs DDD too then I'll acknowledge him as being a tier above
LOL all the good D3 are on this continent. Wouldn't count on that

Top Bottom