• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm going with a bunch of friends for the entire weekend. I'm going to enter Brawl whenever the event is. I know Mr. ChiboSempai and Team APEX will be at Youmacon running Brawl and its going to be a legitimate tournament with real seeding rather than numbers out of a hat.

Also Halo 2 > rest of the series.

:phone:
Mr. ChiboSempai

I like that.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I made my sister play it. She fell out of the chair she was sitting in when Slender turned her around.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I hope AA does do something, I can't have too many people at my place on Friday. I think I'm only going to have those I'm housing there for the SF don't want the basement to become a human sauna again :I

Tennet

Smash Champion
If I go to a smashfest I don't feel like driving more than like 10-15 min.. AA is about 40 min west of me and as awesome of practice as it would be I really don't want to drive out that far.

Zyth gets a free pass for being dumb when it comes to youma.

Youmacon is just this place, where money gets spent. If you leave youma with more than enough gas money to get home, you did something terribly wrong.

lain

Smash Master
guyz i need you're help. I'm taking a few classes this semester, and I always wonder how I should arrange them. Should I:

A. Take them all on Tuesday and Thursday, thereby having Monday and Wednesday to **** around and/or prepare for classes following. Sort of like my buffer.

or

B. Take them Monday through Thursday, thereby exerting a 'stricter' daily regiment on me, to get my schedule back on track and force good habits and blah blah blah.

Whatchu think is better?

also smash tonight plz

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I did option B last semester and I got all A's....but it was annoying. It left me with less flexibility for my job and such. I also really wish that I had more that one day to myself to just relax and do stuff.

I decided to do option A this semester for the above reasons (except my classes are on Monday/Wednesday) because I know I'm a good student and I'll get my **** done.

If you don't trust yourself....then option B is probably better for yourself. If you think you can handle the extra days and will get your **** done then go with option A. I think MOST people would rather condense their classes into 2 days instead of 4 though. Just look at your past study habits/grades and decide based off of that. Also if you're working still...I would consider option A.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I think using data is always the best idea when it comes to decisions like this, especially when you are undisciplined like Lain and you are trying to get your **** together.

Will in the time before school you should spend your time however you like. At the end of each day record how much time you spent on each activity (e.g. Eating, Self-Education, Playing LoL, Watching YT vids, etc) in an Excel file. Doesn't necessarily have to be 100% accurate but the time recorded shouldn't be distorted based on your personal embarrassment/shame (i.e. any self-judgment before the process is finished). At the end of the period before school, put all the breakdowns together into one spreadsheet and total how many hours across those x days you spent on each activity.

You can't fool data. You can fool yourself and other people USING data, but you can't trick the actual numbers themselves. Get the numbers, look at the numbers, decide if this works for you, decide which option will serve you better w/ regards to getting the numbers where you need them to be (or keeping the numbers where you have them, whichever one you think is a better idea).

This process is way harder than it sounds, but it will be very rewarding to you personally. What would also be beneficial is appointing someone who you are good friends with/that cares about you to be the recipient of your breakdown(s) (should you choose to keep using this method). Being held accountable by someone else who doesn't take your BS and whose opinion you care about matters greatly.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Yes Will, Mom and Pop just want what's best for you. Clowsui being a stubborn Asian mom is more of the disciplinarian however. I'm here as the gentle but firm black father role model.

You can do it son.

:denzel:

clowsui

Smash Legend
Gentle but firm?

Well as the Asian mom, all I can say is that you're hardly gentle, but definitely firm.

:woman:

my god what have i become LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

clowsui

Smash Legend
Once you go black, you can't go back

:kobe:

also our avatars make a super combo LOL both of them have this weird faded tint to them. sick

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
Will ive tried both of those options pretty extensively and you should go to school Monday through Friday. The days off never end up being that productive. Also it's going to suck being packed with work those days. You'll get tired and bored and lose focus really quickly.

lain

Smash Master
haha i know we talked about this already chi, just looking for a couple more opinions to diversify myself.

i kind of agree with marco, having classes all day on those days would totally burn me out by the third class. i kind of want to get some good habits going, and get into that 'mode' of productiveness, so i feel like sticking to a mon-thurs schedule would be best. idk for sure, but thanks for all the ideas guys.

also LET'S FUGGIN PLAY IN ANN ARBOR TONITE

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Being a full time student and maintainimg a job full time I'd honestly suggest the mon-thurs schedule. As others have said and you even pointed it out, you may become overwhelmed by the mon and wed schedule. I know i was, id sleep the entire next day away pretty much from being exausted and didn't feel productive at all.

Having good habits will honestly make yourself feel better and possibly help you concentrate on school better. I used to be that guy who would schedule all classes on one or two days, now i try my best to spread out the days i attend and my grades honestly reflect that now. I feel like i have more time to chill with people while still getting school work done.

At the moment i have to wake up mon - sat at 5 am to get to work and have been working 58 hours for the past 4 months now. Its a crappy and i feel like i have no time to do anything, however if you actually MAKE time to do stuff things eventually work out.

Top Bottom