• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
Apasher you think too much. You should go self study some math. I can guarantee you'd get better at brawl in the process ^_^

Without someone to play with in person all the time I don't see how you can expect to get all that much better. Maybe wifi but some people just can't get better on wifi. Oh and play a good character.

:phone:

JTsm

Smash Master
Yo, that was a pretty fun night :joyful:

Very chill xD GG's to all for those awesome friendlies.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So after I got home, my roomate started an argument with me about sleeping arrangements for Muskegon. Then he kicked them out after sucker punching me in the face.

So I whooped his ***. After kicking them out he tried to physically kick me out so we got into it outside. Monsterous strength came over me and I threw him down. I ran back onto the house and he tried to fight me more. I almost snapped and put him in an inescapable choke hold. I took mercy on him and let him go.

He then called the cops.

So I have to stay in a hotel for now and Muskegon has left for home.

Fun night.

I think I only stopped choking him because he kept begging me "Please don't do this".

I'm a ****ing monster.

The adrenaline is still coursing through me right now.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
apasher, why don't you just play Melee? Seems like you've already acknowledged that it's both better and more fun for you personally.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
So after I got home, my roomate started an argument with me about sleeping arrangements for Muskegon. Then he kicked them out after sucker punching me in the face.

So I whooped his ***. After kicking them out he tried to physically kick me out so we got into it outside. Monsterous strength came over me and I threw him down. I ran back onto the house and he tried to fight me more. I almost snapped and put him in an inescapable choke hold. I took mercy on him and let him go.

He then called the cops.

So I have to stay in a hotel for now and Muskegon has left for home.

Fun night.

I think I only stopped choking him because he kept begging me "Please don't do this".

I'm a ****ing monster.

The adrenaline is still coursing through me right now.
You could stay here tonight I'm just playing diablo you bring a shake from Sonic and a car and the air matress is yours to fill

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
You could stay here tonight I'm just playing diablo you bring a shake from Sonic and a car and the air matress is yours to fill
Yooo! those sonic shakes were hella legit. And cheap. Anyways we made it home but overall it was a fun weekend. Derek shoot me a text when you have time tomorrow, but for now im going to sleep.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
apasher, why don't you just play Melee? Seems like you've already acknowledged that it's both better and more fun for you personally.
I went through a whole results thread arguing about that.

I get in the mindset of "give Brawl a chance" (ever since TC's Smash Cafe 1). People say I wasn't having much fun with Brawl because I'm not good, and they tell me that it gets more fun in higher levels of play, and that gives me a motivation to get better.

ZTD | TECHnology

Yooo! those sonic shakes were hella legit. And cheap. Anyways we made it home but overall it was a fun weekend. Derek shoot me a text when you have time tomorrow, but for now im going to sleep.
I will text you after work.

I'm just so ****ing mad he did that to you guys. **** the fist fight, I'll whoop his *** any day of the week. The last time it happened, I had to set him straight. I'm just mad he kicked you out at 3 in the morning. Such a ****ty thing to do to people who drove several hours and didn't do anything to deserve it.

So I'm not entirely sure what's gonna happen here but we will see.

Roller

Smash Legend
Tech, why don't you try looking for another place to live? Because this crazy **** keeps happening between you two. And it can't possibly be good to live with a guy you want to beat the **** out of on a regular basis.

ZTD | TECHnology

Because my rent is absurdly cheap fr my housing arrangements, and my place, my job and my school are all on one bus route, which is incredibly essential since I have no car.

I don't have a choice now anyway, I have to find a new place in 30 days. And it sucks because I don't even make enough right now t support myself. My classes were paid out of pocket. So I'm in this ****ty situation.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Aaron I think what you need to do is just kinda stop trying so hard. You focus to much on the big aspect rather than the little one. Brawl is a game where you need to play others to get better at. Its kinda sad that you can't attend smashfests because thats where you can learn a lot.

You should pick up ICs or MK since they both can be a good starting point to measure how good you have gotten. There are a lot of players in this state that can help you get better with which ever of them you choose.

@Apasher: I mean, when you switch your character every 3 weeks, its hard to improve. And forgive me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you're saying melee because its easier to get better at, but once u learn the tech skill and become a mid level player, you're gonna hit the same wall where reads and habits start coming into play.

@Tech: that really sucks, Is there any place you have in mind at all? it was cool to play with muskeegon last night sucks you guys had to drive all the home in the middle of the night.

@Hot Arms: JTSM has my skyward sword and your headphones, collect them from him.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
@Ori Yeah, I'm pretty much done with MK now. I've realized how uncomfortable I am with him, and I have a huge tendancy to go autopilot with him. ICs maybe? Lol

@Tutu finding a main in Brawl is hard @_@. I've been a Fox/Marth player in Melee for a year.... and that's saying a lot lmao. But what I was saying was I have an easier time eliminating my own habits/picking up my opponent's habits in Melee, but I do have a feeling that I will hit a wall at some point.

ZTD | TECHnology

Jcav and Dogma said they wanna go to this so you should sign them up. Neither of them use the 'Boards frequently so I don't know if they'll be around to register onlin.

kalamazhu

Smash Journeyman
I went through a whole results thread arguing about that.

I get in the mindset of "give Brawl a chance" (ever since TC's Smash Cafe 1). People say I wasn't having much fun with Brawl because I'm not good, and they tell me that it gets more fun in higher levels of play, and that gives me a motivation to get better.

They are lying to you
Brawl is never fun

Edit: are there any melee tournaments coming up? im willing to travel a little bit if anyone else is....

JTsm

Smash Master
Apasher, if you just don't find a game enjoyable, just don't play it. Don't waste your time being pointlessly frustrated. Play melee or something else that you may enjoy.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Are we seriously going to have a repeat of the Rizk'in 2 results thread minus the Apasher QQing part?

Ori already established that I've been getting frustrated because I try too much, so all I need to do is calm my *** down and be a little more laid back when playing. Just like when I play Melee. Simple as that.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Are we seriously going to have a repeat of the Rizk'in 2 results thread minus the Apasher QQing part?

Ori already established that I've been getting frustrated because I try too much, so all I need to do is calm my *** down and be a little more laid back when playing. Just like when I play Melee. Simple as that.

Play d3, it will make you better at life.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Kzhu, I'll try to work something out with that Comic/Card shop near my place and see if I can host Melee there.

I pretty much figured what to say now.

Roller

Smash Legend
@Apasher: I disagree with Ori telling you to try ICs. Quite frankly, they take wayyyyy more time to get half decent with than most other top/high tier characters. Plus you have to essentially re-evaluate how you play the game entirely in order to play them.

I do agree with him telling you not to just focus exclusively on the big picture.

It's not enough to simply take steps which may lead to some goal down the line; each step has to be a goal itself, as well as a step.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Apasher bro, why do you have so many problems? And why do you keep posting about it? It's been going on for a long time and I haven't said anything, and I shouldn't even have to since it's none of my business. But enough's enough.

Why do you have to constantly post over and over and over and OVER about how you don't enjoy this game or how you enjoy Melee more and all this female drama? I realize you're still a kid so you don't have the mindset of a guy yet, but damn bro. I feel like i'm reading a woman's post everytime I read your posts.

It's always the same bs that you post over and over. Don't take this personally but you have to stop telling a bunch of guys on a video game website your problems because honestly it's not a good look bro. I'm not trying to attack you right now, but you should realize what you're doing, and how people are sick of saying the same thing all time. How many times has Tutu or Roller or Ori or Tech talked to you about this situation? Yet you continue to bring the same subject up, mostly after you're horrible placing in tournaments(no offence).

I feel like you have to stop posting about this stuff. You switch your mains so often then ask yourself "Why am I doing so bad?". Yeah I think we know why.

Seriously, give this post a long thought, and think about your next post.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Rizk, this whole thing wasn't about me not enjoying the game. I was simply asking why I was having a difficult time learning and getting better at Brawl but having an easier time in Melee. Then Juggleguy brought up the "why don't you just stick with Melee?" question, so I was just clarifying why I still play Brawl.

Why does it hurt to ask questions? I wasn't even being all dramatic and ****.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
@Apasher: I disagree with Ori telling you to try ICs. Quite frankly, they take wayyyyy more time to get half decent with than most other top/high tier characters. Plus you have to essentially re-evaluate how you play the game entirely in order to play them.

I do agree with him telling you not to just focus exclusively on the big picture.

It's not enough to simply take steps which may lead to some goal down the line; each step has to be a goal itself, as well as a step.
This is some really quality advice.

As someone who never plays 1-p brawl of any sort, to practice or do Insane boss mode or w/e, trying to pick up ice climbers without putting in serious effort is stupid, you have to relearn buttons and set ups and zones and all of this weird stuff that unless you want to be the best player, you should just scrub it up and learn MK.

QQ michigan forums.

how about i come back, and just fight all f you 1 by 1 until you all learn your place?
mega :wolf: 's weapon set would include

Needle Cannon
Wheel Cutter
Star Crash
Triple Blade
Thunder Trident
Commando Bomb
Ice Slasher
Electric Spark (I can't think of a non-X weapon for diddy but mandrill is a monkey)

Rizk18

Smash Lord
This is probably the worst thread on Smashboards. I really don't even know why I'm still subscribed to it.
Yeah why are you still subscribed? We all hate Illinois along with the Chicago Bears, even though it has nothing to do with this subject. Screw the Bears, and Illinois in general. D FA LIFE!!
Because it's still the biggest thread on Smashboards. :bee:

(not sure if that's something to be proud of)
Yes, yes it is :)

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Yeah why are you still subscribed? We all hate Illinois along with the Chicago Bears, even though it has nothing to do with this subject. Screw the Bears, and Illinois in general. D FA LIFE!!

Yes, yes it is :)
That's why Jungle just moved in with me right? Illinois is the best.

LOE1

Smash Lord
o hai apash argument

switching mains can hurt ya, especially since you do it alot(may i add that they are all hier tier:troll:), but i know you, and i know you dont really practice as much as me, which is why i get better at a faster pace. both me and you dont go to sf's often, and that kinda hurts. i say pick a main, and stay with it. mabey im getting better with wario faster cause i mained him since brawl came out :yeahboi:. also, i kinda agree with rizk. you shouldnt say "oh, why am i bad, and why cant i get better" when you could reword it and say "i need some more practice. can anyone help me get some so i can get better?"

inb4apashargue'swithme

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
You don't even fully understand what this is about...

This isn't even an argument. Except for the part when people think I'm QQing.

LOE1

Smash Lord
Why does it seem like I just can't get better at Brawl right now? It's like I have a difficult time learning stuff from matches, but when I DO learn some stuff (wheather it's from a match, a video, or a thread on SWF) I just can't comprehend it to my gameplay. It's like I've reached a limit or something.

I mean, I spend a lot of time playing wifi, analyzing vids, reading guides on SWF, but nothing just seems to work right now.

The wierd part is: I have a much easier time learning/changing my playstyle in Melee, and it seems like I get better faster in Melee than in Brawl.

mabey you DO learn stuff, but you dont practice them enough to be effective

as far as i can remember, you only go on AiB 3 times a week max

im pretty sure the other posts about melee can be the answer for mine

inb4morearguments

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
mabey you DO learn stuff, but you dont practice them enough to be effective
You're probably thinking of ATs like pivot grabs and such. I was talking about learning what to do in a situation/how to punish " this" or "that", or what not to do, but I have a hard time comprehending it to my gameplay.

This isn't an argument, I'm just clearing things up.

kd-

Smash Lord
Real advice Apasher - Don't play games.

Focus on school, or doing something you're passionate about. It's fun to meet and play with people, but it doesn't sound like a passion to me (edit: I meant it doesn't sound like something Apasher is passionate about to me). Have fun when playing, strengthen your relationships with the friends you know, and do the things you're going to enjoy throughout your life.

Top Bottom