• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

kd-

Smash Lord
I'd rather spend all day getting nothing for my work than paying for my work, it's the strive of life for an anti-pot monster

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
What if I said at the end of a tourney that the payout would be money back for everyone? That's an extreme example, but you would definitely feel cheated for even bothering to compete in the first place, only to find out nobody will make money or lose money.

kd-

Smash Lord
Depends I guess. I'd probably feel somewhere in/between jaded and cynical for bothering to compete - not cheated, but basically the same feeling anyway.

But at the same time, from a purist sort of standing I'd also feel nonchalant about it, seeing as I don't win money anyway.

When it comes down to it, we're gambling - we're just betting on ourselves. It's fun to have 'the stakes raised' so that everyone gives it their best shot, but at my skill level it's nice to walk away with something rather than nothing, even if that something was what you came with. Not in the negative feelsgoodman

kd-

Smash Lord
but chad, even if you won a tourney, ud yell at us for not being good and 'letting' you win, ^_^
Lolol even if everyone didn't try and I did, I still wouldn't win a tourney. And if tourneys were free entry I probably wouldn't try either

slayertokey

Smash Journeyman
I thought about buying him a retail copy of Melee one time. I got sick of texture/music hacks after about five times playing with them.
i had one, i let nick borrow it and it disappeared. i also have a burned copy but idk where it is. i can always burn a new one.

i'm going inactive for awhile. if you need to get a hold of me just call me. hidden boss mode engage. peace.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Anyone from AA want to go to EL tonight for Melee? Smashfest with Teczero/Jungle/Shady/Dope/Tremor/others is happening.

I want to go but I'd rather split the $15-20 or so in gas money...

kd-

Smash Lord
That's a pretty cool idea in theory, would SUCK not banning FD against Marth though. I dunno how Foxes beat him there, pure skill or something. Someone's Fox vs HomeMadeWaffles' Marth on FD said it best: "Everytime you get a grab, just let go and I'll just kill myself, it'll be faster"

What's The Point

Smash Master
That really makes no sense. Where did you see that part of the rules? Even if it is a part of their rules it should be completely ignored for being stupid.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
You guys didn't know that they couldn't ban neutrals? It makes the counter-picking process a lot quicker but it also gives some characters a huge boost.

kd-

Smash Lord
That really makes no sense. Where did you see that part of the rules? Even if it is a part of their rules it should be completely ignored for being stupid.
It makes sense if you think about the letter of the law; Neutral stages imply that they are fair (although allow for differences) for both parties and the match up, and counterpicks should yield some extremely marginal yet noticeable difference. Things like the low ceiling on Pokemon Stadium 1 for Fox or being able to float over cars on Mute City come to mind. I like entertaining this idea and it would be pretty cool to have this in a perfect world.

The problem is, of course, that we're not in a perfect world. Not every character is perfect (maybe Fox el oh el), neutral stages aren't all neutral for each matchup and not every character has a counterpick. I wish it was a perfect world though, it'd be fun. And hacked Green Greens.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
No. The Japanese are always right.

Man up and play vs IC's on FD. If it's a neutral, you should always be able to play on it.

That being said, FD is the best stage in the game. Best determinant of skill, imo. No platforms or moving bull**** like SV or BF.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Neutral is so old. They're Starters now. And it's not all ICs and FD. Against plenty of characters I'd ban BF instead of a CP given the Japanese stage list. Why have striking, which is single game bans, for the first game instead of picking randomly between the stages if you can't later ban one of those stages? Why have CPs at all if the first three stages are deemed so good that you can't use a ban on them?

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
lets get to the real issue with our ruleset why the **** is :castlesiege: a starter i dont think anyone ever plays here game 1

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
lets get to the real issue with our ruleset why the **** is :castlesiege: a starter i dont think anyone ever plays here game 1
That is an ideal stage for an :olimar: to go to, and from the **** at I witnessed at APEX done by Roller on that stage I guess its good for :popo: in certain MUs.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
megarobman agrees with dammittom.

That's easily the worst starter. like WOW. I get that 7 stages makes more sense than 5 because of the FD situation and PS1 being stupid too, but Holy crap, Delfino is more of a starter than siege.

See previous post for a real mans stage list.

Top Bottom