• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
For any of you college basketball connoisseurs, I made a MI Smash bracket challenge group on the NCAA website.

http://bracketchallenge.ncaa.com/groups/10033

Password: yeahboi

This is just for pride and whatever. Even if you don't follow college hoops, you should still make a bracket, be it based on colors, team names, etc. You still have as good a chance as anyone else.

Also, this doesn't just have to be MI smash, it can be anyone.

Notra

Smash Ace
yall is dead as hell as a scene

oh and trolololol

dat blue burrrrrd doh
true trolls never die!

How do you... how.... how do you guys do it?!?!?! This was the first tourney I have been sober and OMFG... these things SUCK ****!!!! How in the world do you guys manage?!?! IT'S BLOWING MY MUTHA****ING MIND!

help me Lain Kenobi, you are my only hope
enjoy playing the game or GTFO DOOOOOOOD!!

people give zero fuxxxxxx

might be high btw

oh and tututoogood!

side note, what is that orange circle next to my blue burrrd?
below posts.... looks wack. Undo pl0x

Anyone have any batteries for my wavebird?

its what i use to beat all my friends in my neighborhood

#1 IN THE AADL!!!

and who made it so you have to wait 30seconds between posts? what if i want to talk now?

everyone vote to make me the new admin,

Notra votes for Notra

[1] : vote

The subway by chi chi's is the best subway in the world. Used to love subway, then i went to others. Just ****ty workers who make ****ty subs.

I WANT THAT OCD GUY TO MAKE MY SUBS AGAIN. WAS TOOOOO DOOOOOPE

how are my posts going up? I thought that could only happen if i posted in a non-social board?

Btw Mikey just randomly remembered you never payed me back from that time at Iris' in Howell and everyone get wendys, but i didnt have cash so i was the card guy. (****ty Grammar; too lazy to fix)

still love you tho<3

just preordered my light saber. comes out june 2120

speaking of preordering does anyone think the next SSB will be playable? Cause i think nintendo is going all out to make a piece of **** this time. Am I right?

Anyway, miss you guys. Notra out!

The subway by chi chi's is the best subway in the world. Used to love subway, then i went to others. Just ****ty workers who make ****ty subs.

I WANT THAT OCD GUY TO MAKE MY SUBS AGAIN. WAS TOOOOO DOOOOOPE
lmao that dude was so good, i don't think he works there anymore tho, haven't really seen him at all

how are my posts going up? I thought that could only happen if i posted in a non-social board?
This thread got moved out of "poopchat" so it counts as an offical post raiser, also they renamed poopchat, there's no reason to go there anymore.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Quick question, how do you guys feel about stage texture hacks? Do they have any negative affect on competitive play?

:phone:

Roller

Smash Legend
Not all of them, but enough of them do where it is best just to ban them and not deal with making that judgement. You can always just (force) save the replays and record them later with the textures on if you want. A number of people do that.

D

Deleted member

I know I used to avoid those setups like the plague.

Shout outs to Ori Bro.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Btw Mikey just randomly remembered you never payed me back from that time at Iris' in Howell and everyone get wendys, but i didnt have cash so i was the card guy. (****ty Grammar; too lazy to fix)

still love you tho<3
<3 to you, too, but you never even told me how much money I owed you. -_-;

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Texture hacks in tourney is pretty bad, idont even see the point in it, other than the owner showing off their textures but at this point it's hardly noteworthy anymore

JTsm

Smash Master
I like to avoid stage and char hacks. It's mostly distracting and kinda useless. Music and other hacks that support tourney play are a good plus. Stage hacks are usually just for show and they do look nice when recording matches from replays.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Apasher, your stage hacks that I last saw were bad. They were way to dark. The thing with any textures is that some people use the look of the game, mostly people playing Snake and picking Lylat/PS1. So if some Snake CPs Lylat then finds the stage is textured to be all white he'd probably be upset.

Music is also bad. I've played on Roller's Wii.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
WTP, I changed my BF texture after PS1.

Also, I'm too lazy to manually remove my stage textures for tournaments and re-add them for recording/playing friendlies with my friends, and the riivolution modlauncher won't load my menu hacks, sooooo I need a compromise.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
WTP, I changed my BF texture after PS1.

Also, I'm too lazy to manually remove my stage textures for tournaments and re-add them for recording/playing friendlies with my friends, and the riivolution modlauncher won't load my menu hacks, sooooo I need a compromise.

Your best option is to just rename the stages folder to something that isn't going to be familiar to what you are using to launch Brawl with hacks. I renamed Fighters to Chars, and Stages to Maps. If I wanna use them for fun with friends, I just rename the folders. It takes like 3 seconds.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
Your best option is to just rename the stages folder to something that isn't going to be familiar to what you are using to launch Brawl with hacks. I renamed Fighters to Chars, and Stages to Maps. If I wanna use them for fun with friends, I just rename the folders. It takes like 3 seconds.
Or you could just put something simple like a 1 at the end of it for tourneys and remove the single char when you want to record

What's The Point

Smash Master
We need to move away from Top 5 payout. First, people need to stop copy and pasting that >=15 people is Top 5 payout since that is ridiculous and nobody ever used Top 5 when there was less than 20. Most of the time the payout is decided on the spot and is something stupid. After that, **** money back. The lowest payout should be at least double the entry fee. Meaning Top 3 till 39 entrants, Top 4 till 49, top 5 after 50.

If you have girly parts and think money back is an acceptable prize, then Top 3 till 19, Top 4 till 24, top 5 after 25.

Half way is Top 3 till 29, Top 4 till ~37, Top 5 after ~37.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
^ what he said

Money back shouldn't be a form of payout at any decent sized tourney. It's basically telling someone they spent all day working hard towards placing well but earned nothing for it. You either make money or you lose money, that's the idea behind a competitive prize distribution. Also, double elimination brackets lose a ton of accuracy of proper placings after the top 3. At almost every tourney, there is someone who finished 7th but deserved to place 5th over someone else, for example, due to luck of the draw.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
On the contrary money back is a good prizefighter because it's breaking even. Do any better and you win, any worse and you lose. Right there and at least you didn't lose money.

Top Bottom