• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
That's why I suggested combining the two threads as a possible solution

SCOTU

Smash Hero
You know, I haven't really checked out the new thread, but afaict, it's not a power ranking, so much as one guy's experiment with how a numerical ranking system would look. I don't think it meets several of the requirements for being a power ranking, nor does it attempt to be.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
The problem is that rivalries between rankings severely detracts from both of them and other rankings in general, causes arguments, and wastes time. It's something that really should be avoided. I'm assuming this is a problem because of its slippery slope-like status of allowing other similar things to come up that are more likely to cause ranking conflicts.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Me? I dunno, i've never really used it.

I could start I guess.

Ok got a client

now where am i goin

Roller

Smash Legend
I do think we should have an MI smasher list/locator added to the PR thread OP. However, I am against combining the threads. The "official" PR thread including an unofficial and different ranking method in addition to the regular PR sends a mixed message. And as SCOTU pointed out, takes away from both lists' credibility.

Don't combine them, Lux.

warlock-don-mia24

Smash Journeyman
Idk don, loe1 ganon was looking mighty beast last weekend, it even 2-0'd thugz :denzel:

:phone:
loe 1 will get warlock punched off stage ,get it out ur head... Loe 1 will never beat me in ganon ditto... I will **** him JVVVVVVVV FOURRRR STOCK and i might **** him with falcon take his lunch money lilil boyyyyyy... Yo juggleguy remember warlock- don falcon lolololol ;)

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
That's why I suggested combining the two threads as a possible solution
I'd rather you lock the Unofficial one than combine them. If you combine them I'll just delete the Unofficial party anyway. It's a funny idea but there's several discrepancies in how the point tally was configured and there's no real point to having it.

Whoah there are you accusing me of having some sort of bias?

I was just giving my opinion as a panelist on the current "official" power ranking. I've just begun to see the merit in point systems now that I see one put in action. The only reason i was against them to begin with was because of Ankoku's old one that he admitted to doing his calculations incorrectly. But now that I see one done with correct calculations I fail to see any thing wrong with them.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Just put it in the social board. It doesn't make sense to combine them but it's a fairly interesting project in its own right.

Or I could just do it myself lol.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Whoah there are you accusing me of having some sort of bias?

I was just giving my opinion as a panelist on the current "official" power ranking. I've just begun to see the merit in point systems now that I see one put in action. The only reason i was against them to begin with was because of Ankoku's old one that he admitted to doing his calculations incorrectly. But now that I see one done with correct calculations I fail to see any thing wrong with them.
Hold on now, while my end formula may have been wrong, I was still working with TrueSkill. That Unofficial PR thing or whatever is using Rajam's "bracket depth" system, which actually was part of what drove me to not assist on the official SWF rankings project.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
TrueSkill is the way to go.

@Travis: I'm trying to bring hack my old dead channel: #awesome @ irc.rizon.net

Uhm, why did my save button on post edit say "vote now" last time but not this time?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Scotu, can you show me where I can get something that does a TSR for me? I'd like to try that out and just learn it.

LOE1

Smash Lord
Loeeeee 111111 gettttt rapeeee sonnnnn uuuu dont want nunn of this warlock-don... HAVE U GOING HOME HAVING NIGHTMARES ABOUT WARLOCK-DON, crying to ur moma boy this is man land not for lil boys
your right, this is mans land, so get out

Top Bottom