• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Big House 2 news:

I'm in the process of contacting a super hype OoR Melee player to see if they are interested in attending. If this player agrees to attend, then it'll probably send the hype levels through the roof and cause the tourney to be Melee-only due to space constraints. If this player can't attend, then we will go back to the drawing board and keep Brawl as a possibility.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
It's not really a split scene.

I find DRDN's proposal a good thing because it adds more of a variety and it won't hurt our community.

MK mains who don't want to put time in other chars has the option go to Ori's or Roller's tourneys (apex/Japanese ruleset), people who want a stagelist with no janky CPs has the option to go to Roller's tourneys, and people who don't want to deal with MK has the option to go to Tech's tourneys.

EDIT: 1,000th post.

:phone:

clowsui

Smash Legend
Big House 2 news:

I'm in the process of contacting a super hype OoR Melee player to see if they are interested in attending. If this player agrees to attend, then it'll probably send the hype levels through the roof and cause the tourney to be Melee-only due to space constraints. If this player can't attend, then we will go back to the drawing board and keep Brawl as a possibility.
Big House 2: The (Blue and) Golden Shower

ft. Dr Peepee

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Big House 2 news:

hbox please

:phone:

MK mains who don't want to put time in other chars has the option go to Ori's or Roller's tourneys (apex/Japanese ruleset), people who want a stagelist with no janky CPs has the option to go to Roller's tourneys, and people who don't want to deal with MK has the option to go to Tech's tourneys.

It's not really a split scene.
did you think before you made this post

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Big House 2 news:

inb4Javi .

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
Tech I want to mention if you dont run URC noone in MI will be and when we go to OoS we will be **** out of luck because other TO's will be

there is a big flood of people wanting to go away from URCs rules now but the URC is made up of the bigger TOs that host Bigger events for brawl it would be silly to not have atleast 1 TO in the whole state to run the Unity Rules

zyth

Smash Lord
on a seperate note, I want to try doing somethin along side the Brawl PR rankings similar to the Official SWF Brawl rankings(http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262480) for MI only. we could have this so every one could see how they stand in comparison to other ppl in the state, and it would help ease the minds of ppl who dont completely agree with the MI PR panelists(Zinoto ranking debate). Honestly I feel this would be a much easier way to rank everyone than just by votes. it doesnt have to be the official rankings, but I'm just gonna put it out there anyway.

:olimar: :roymelee:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Zyth, you are suggesting we do a point based system?

Also WTP, Xatic said he'd be down for the fest if he and bay city comes down friday

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
WTP I'd go but I have class the following morning + it's my that saturday sooo.. D:

Points based system is a good reference but the PR shouldn't rely on it to rank players.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
yea, just follow the point system and theres not much room for debate. the results will be static and fair

Ankoku used to do a point system, but what happened was, people who weren't as good as the top players were a lot more active, so at the end of the day, it was flawed in its own way, and also inaccurate. And like a PR serves its purpose mostly for things like OoS seeding, rather than in-state fighting over PR position. =P

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
why are you all given the luxury of unbanning so fast? Dont any of you find that to be the slightest bit rude? First you all sufficiently made mk mains want to stop playing and now that you scared them away you can make him legal again. I know theres "justifications" but it just seems like a luxury TOs shouldnt be allowed to have right now. Its not fair to those who quit or were flamed away from the scene. For example, jon never wants to play again because he thought the whole situation was handled so immaturely. If you guys are really about to unban just like that then you just lost someone who I think had a lot of potential for no reason at all.

It just seems a bit unfair, I understand TOs run tourneys and "should make the rules" but instantly changing your mind is abusive and isnt courteous to all those you players you neglected or may not have considered enough in your decisions. Man up and stick with what you decided, turning your back on it before letting it run a whole PR season just shows inconsistency and inability to decide for yourself. Which is what a TO should be doing.

castlevania games have the best soundtracks in gaming (minus old zelda but that's implied)

also those combos were like all brawl combos... in that they arent

zyth

Smash Lord
WTP I'd go but I have class the following morning + it's my that saturday sooo.. D:

Points based system is a good reference but the PR shouldn't rely on it to rank players.
Ankoku used to do a point system, but what happened was, people who weren't as good as the top players were a lot more active, so at the end of the day, it was flawed in its own way, and also inaccurate. And like a PR serves its purpose mostly for things like OoS seeding, rather than in-state fighting over PR position. =P
like i said before I'm just gonna do this alonside the official PR we already have, it doesnt have to be official. it will just give people a chance to look at what the rankings are like based completly off tourny results without anyones opinions or votes(no disrespect PR panelists).

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
why are you all given the luxury of unbanning so fast? Dont any of you find that to be the slightest bit rude? First you all sufficiently made mk mains want to stop playing and now that you scared them away you can make him legal again. I know theres "justifications" but it just seems like a luxury TOs shouldnt be allowed to have right now. Its not fair to those who quit or were flamed away from the scene. For example, jon never wants to play again because he thought the whole situation was handled so immaturely. If you guys are really about to unban just like that then you just lost someone who I think had a lot of potential for no reason at all.

It just seems a bit unfair, I understand TOs run tourneys and "should make the rules" but instantly changing your mind is abusive and isnt courteous to all those you players you neglected or may not have considered enough in your decisions. Man up and stick with what you decided, turning your back on it before letting it run a whole PR season just shows inconsistency and inability to decide for yourself. Which is what a TO should be doing.

Then teach us?

Roller

Smash Legend

To be fair... The only person here who made that decision was Tech. And I guess Ori had been supporting it.

I on the other hand never said anything about banning metaknight, and I don't see why I would change now from what I've always done.

That being use the most conservative ruleset that is accepted at any given time.

Right now it's the Japanese.

I've never said I would host mk banned tournaments, and neither did a lot of other TOs, just ~15 of them in the country did. So I think your statement should not be directed at "TOs," but "URC Members. (and perhaps their supporters)" I do think you have legitimate points though.
like i said before I'm just gonna do this alonside the official PR we already have, it doesnt have to be official. it will just give people a chance to look at what the rankings are like based completly off tourny results without anyones opinions or votes(no disrespect PR panelists).

The idea is ********. For many reasons. It is never even close to accurate for determining skill. I'll explain on skype.

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
bottom line tech chase and the game super smash bros brawl suck, u dont see any melee unity ruleset cause melee is a better game and doesnt involve people who dont understand their game making the decisions on the rules thats how prince abu sees it

Top Bottom