• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I don't understand how people can love God of War and Prince of Persia, and hate the Werehog. This just doesn't make any sense to me.

Unless you played the crap Wii/PS2 version of Unleashed, then it makes a lot more sense.

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I don't understand how people can love God of War and Prince of Persia, and hate the Werehog. This just doesn't make any sense to me.

It's not about the literal gameplay.

It's about the overall prestige of the franchise in its entirety and how you can clearly see the blatant decline in originality and effort throughout the Sonic series. Classic Sonic virtuosos are outraged that in a nearly two decade duration, the best they can come up with is Sonic turning into a "Werehog" Are you ****ing serious?? I'd play the original Sonic 100 times over before I even CONSIDER playing that bull****. You're way too young to understand 100% I'm sorry.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. I can understand the need to implement new concepts into a otherwise legendary style of play but venturing so far out of the norm is never a good mix. It just doesn't mesh well at all.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Then why am I not hearing retro Zelda fans complaining about Twilight Princess when Link turns into a wolf?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Largely because TP holds fairly reasonably to the goals and delivery of the classics

Also, I'll throw in a copy of Portal to my offer of a GTX260 if you don't already have it. Steams trying its best to give it away but I already have it.

ZTD | TECHnology

Twilight Princess still held true to the "Legend of Zelda" style of play with modern, updated execution to show off the Wii's capability. And it did while introducing a new mechanic that was still innovative yet not too farfetched for the franchise.

Also SCOTU sweetening the deal. Man....I might have to take you up on this.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Ok, It's fine if you're saying that the Werehog was a bad idea, but that's not a good reason to hate it as a whole.

Honestly, I feel that you don't know how much of an important role the Werehog has in Unleashed's storyline, which is one of the best sorylines in Sonic history imo.

ZTD | TECHnology

Ok, It's fine if you're saying that the Werehog was a bad idea, but that's not a good reason to hate it as a whole.

Honestly, I feel that you don't know how much of an important role the Werehog has in Unleashed's storyline, which is one of the best sorylines in Sonic history imo.

How are you going to argue that its unfair to unlike the central idea of the game aka the Werehog and yet argue to me that he IS a pivotal part of the game and holds some sort of importance I don't see. All you're doing is EMPHASIZING my point.

Jesus, this discussion is dumb lol

SCOTU

Smash Hero
what if it wasnt titled a sonic game, or had nothing to do with sonic, would it have been a good game in your eyes?
This is the most intelligent thing I've ever read from HarmS (no offense). Because if your answer to this varies to otherwise, then you're doing it wrong lol.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
@tech Ok, I realized that there is no point for me (who got into sonic in his modern days) to argue with you (grew up playing classic sonic) since we both have completely different prespectives. Honestly, now I kinda understand why someone who appreciates the classics would dislike the Werehog, but I'm just amused that people are STILL complaining about it. I'M VERY INCONSISTANT WITH MY ARGUMENTS LOL

what if it wasnt titled a sonic game, or had nothing to do with sonic, would it have been a good game in your eyes?
This proves how terrible the Sonic fanbase is. Bring up the idea of the game, people would be like "oh its a pretty good game." Add Sonic to the title, then people go "oh it's the worst game ever made"

uhhh twilight princess is a terrible game

not nearly as bad as sonic tho lol

also hot arms i literally asked that in the MI skype one time and the answer was no

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Can't we all agree that Sonic 06/Next Gen is the worst Sonic game in existance and should burn into ashes?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Someone couldn't beat Green Hill Zone act 2.

I dunno, I mean, considering Mega Man (and Mario) exist, I understand people not thinking Sonic is a good game based on comeptition, but tbh, as far as actual level design is concerned, Sonic 1-&K are some of the better designed platformers.

But if you compare it to like.......................
mega man X2
Mega Man 3
Yoshi's Island

I can get why you'd be like "dude, wtf, that ****'s a waste of time".

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I can't believe I missed the part where someone talked about Zelda Fans being upset about the new Zelda games. Zelda is 2D top down or it's not Zelda. (Haven't we had this convo before?)

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
^ not my fault people have different opinions.

People are still complaining. It's seriously getting old now. It's been 3 years since Unleashed came out and people still hasn't gotten over it yet.

The funny thing is, in the actual story, Sonic hated being a Werehog too LMAO.

Top Bottom