• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Ori what is your estimate for when we'll be back in AA after Apex so i can plan for my bus ticket? And Roller how are you getting to Oris on thursday night before we leave for Apex. I'mma house with tutu so i need to figure how how to get to Ori's from the AA area. Apex hype!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So my friend bought me this really boss pair of headphones. I love headphones with good bass :)

Now....is it worth it to get the iPod Touch? I was thinking about buying myself one for Christmas. I wanna enhance my music experience? Or if anyone else has a really good Mp3 lemme know. Interested in hearing different opinons.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
honestly, tech, most major mp3 (or similar) commercial players will have similar audio quality, so you should really be aiming for whatever major features you want in it. The smartphone = music player is a pretty good choice if you were going to use a smartphone anyways. There are a lot of reasonably priced android phones out there now.

edit: even if you can't afford a data plan, (afaik) all major carriers will still let you use a smartphone, but w/o a data plan, and this will 9 times out of 10 be more cost effective than buying an iPod Touch.

ZTD | TECHnology

I guess I'm not looking for anything really fancy. I just need a functional player. I mean extra features are nice but I can live without all that. And I honestly want my mp3 separate from my phone just because I do not feel like charging my phone all the time.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
well, if you just need something functional and don't care about fancy, there are tons of really cheap players out there that are smaller than an iPod Touch. You could pick one of those up for like, under $30 even. Or you could look into what Rockbox works on and use their alternate firmware for additional formats and battery life.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Yeah I keep my smartphone and iPod on me all the time. Tech get an iPod touch, you can find older generations of it pretty cheap on craigslist

:phone:

you can use a smartphone but how much space do they actually have? 16 GB? nowhere near enough

i have the 64 GB ipod touch and it's constantly full :[

SCOTU

Smash Hero
yeah, mine holds 16GB, but I rarely use more than 4GB of it. Then again, I rarely listen to more than ~300 songs at a time.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
anyone want a GTX260 core 216 factory overclocked, performs ~GTX275 $100

It can easily handle SC2 on max settings (either 4x AA or SSAO but not both)

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Ori what is your estimate for when we'll be back in AA after Apex so i can plan for my bus ticket? And Roller how are you getting to Oris on thursday night before we leave for Apex. I'mma house with tutu so i need to figure how how to get to Ori's from the AA area. Apex hype!
Just in case it got missed(:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm coming to get you guys in AA. Also I'll get back to you later today about the time schedule, I'm currently running off no sleep since my friends and I did an all nighter.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I know for a fact I've put on more than 10k on each of two tags in my first year of competitive play alone.
Hmm... 20,000 games, at an average of 3 min per game, is 60,000 min. Which is 1000 hrs, or 2.8 hrs of play every single day for an entire year... yeah that sounds about right, lol.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Pretty sure I logged in more than 2.8 hours a day at brawl before I went to college. Wifi helped play alot though so probly not fair to compare it to melée stats

ZTD | TECHnology

Everyone knows AKG are the best headphones :yeahboi:

@gio: yoooooo I have 1.06TB of music

@Tech/anyone else in the GPU market: I've got one of these that I'll sell for $100 http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1113/1/

@Bowyer: lol. I'm glad you actually ran that calculation. It's funny cause that actually probably does back that claim

1.06 TERRABYTES?

Holy **** I need to step it up lmao.

Also ...*drools* at the link. That ....would everything soooo pretty.

Top Bottom