• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
There's something at Ori's and I believe there something in Southfield at Scala's. Gifts, Sparta Kick and I are trying to hit up something.

Scala

Smash Ace
Whad up *****es. I can still host, but all I gots is a 13" tv setup. Other than that, I'm down with smashin at my pad

Scala

Smash Ace
JonathantheMeSa, I'm going to be moving to royal oak next week, prepare for maximum smash all the time!

And damn it someone bring Gio

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
What'd be boss is if you could just input the tio files and have the program do all the calculations for ya instead of having to go match by match. I assume .tio files preserve more than just final placement when you exit them?
Well, you can just drop in the .tio files and have the program do the work for you, but it doesn't currently support pools. I just tried this with the UMT1 bracket and manually entered in pool matchups myself... here's what it came up with using a base value of 500, a bracket k-value of 50, and a pool k-value of 25 (half as much weight put into a pool result compared to a bracket result).

Shady,Shady,755
Velynn,Velynn,645
Moose,Moose,635
SCOTU,SCOTU,618
Juggleguy,Juggleguy,610
Kalamazhu,Kalamazhu,597
Lain,Lain,554
1der,1der,543
Dre,Dre,541
SlayerTokey,SlayerTokey,533
Brainjack,Brainjack,526
Kail,Kail,521
Soul,Soul,514
Abu,Abu,508
Bowyer,Bowyer,498
Toadster,Toadster,488
dbpm,dbpm,466
Roki,Roki,461
Quaa,Quaa,458
HIV+,HIV+,456
RyeJew,RyeJew,456
Tremor,Tremor,454
Hellsing,Hellsing,453
Warlock Don,Warlock Don,452
Chad,Chad,435
Akon,Akon,415
Calvin,Calvin,408
Aceplayer,Aceplayer,407
Tormed,Tormed,406
Dr. D,Dr. D,404
BloodyJoker,BloodyJoker,401
Q,Q,382

I'm interested in seeing how ratings would change after several .tio files are accounted for. I'll try it out when I'm back home tonight since all the past .tio files (SWEET, WGS, GSS) are on my laptop.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I would totally make a large scale system for rankings, but it's just annoying that the tio files would have to have the names be exactly right or some other means of having the players be matched immediately to who they are.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Someone named A02 said he may be able to give me a ride to this. He lives in Detroit so he's probably the closest to me than anyone else is. Also has anyone ever heard of him? I don't want to get into a car with someone I don't know or that someone else doesn't know lol.

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
Awwwwwww yeah the big RO for the win, that is awesome Scala, even though I've never meet you we'll have to smash when we get the chance.

And Tech I live literally a block away from the zoo, I'm on the border of RO and Ferndale.

Scala

Smash Ace
If you're coming to my place tonight, bring a setup if you can kthx

Address:
21211 W 10 Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48075

Call me to get in the building :phone: 765 247 2252

I would totally make a large scale system for rankings, but it's just annoying that the tio files would have to have the names be exactly right or some other means of having the players be matched immediately to who they are.
I have a project underway to solve this problem, stay tuned ;)

Scala, is there a time we'd hav eto leave your place, or could we sleep there?
I have like 1 couch and a bed with no sheets. You can spend the night if you want to I guess, but bring blankets and crap

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Awwwwwww yeah the big RO for the win, that is awesome Scala, even though I've never meet you we'll have to smash when we get the chance.

And Tech I live literally a block away from the zoo, I'm on the border of RO and Ferndale.
I could see about Gifts getting you. You're pretty much on the way anyway being so close to me. I'll ask him first but I'm sure he won't mind (why the hell don't we Smash if we're so close..lol)

makoforce

Smash Ace
can someone pick me up for the smashfest because i really need to go to BAMF tommorow to talk to lain about Gen2
btw: is there gonna be any melee there or not so i can come prepared

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Someone named A02 said he may be able to give me a ride to this. He lives in Detroit so he's probably the closest to me than anyone else is. Also has anyone ever heard of him? I don't want to get into a car with someone I don't know or that someone else doesn't know lol.
Never heard of him. Has he ever gone to a tournament?

BTW you all still have to hear about how I sent a dude to the insane hospital with my smash skillz
lol, what?

Aceplayer

Smash Journeyman
Tormed,Tormed,406

Could you please change Tormed's name to Tormad, he's my friend and people keep getting it wrong.

Top Bottom