• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

SCOTU

Smash Hero
A couple things:

First, Sorry Rob, I accidentally moved your thing on that map and It wouldn't let me undo it and I'm not entirely sure where to put it back.

Second, It's almost guaranteed that I can't go to the tournament this weekend cause last minute family plans were made for the small window between my sister getting back to this country and before she's leaving for work.

Third, As far as an ELO rating system would go, I don't see why you couldn't just have a small group (or single person) from each region approve tournaments and just drop their tio files into the system. I didn't read too far into that post/thread, but that guy didn't sound very confident in his work atm, so if the MBR/community likes the idea, I'd even be willing to make a website that allows people to upload tournament files to be approved by moderators or something, automatically does the rating calculations, and making a list of all the players and where they stand.

TheMann

Smash Ace
Hey if I find a ride to that West bloomfield tourney. Would somebody from AA be able to take me back with them? WOULD BE NICE!

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
juggle, is it ok if i add LOE1 and ZeldaMaster to the MI smash players map? they never look at this thread

:phone:

What's The Point

Smash Master
I was under the impression that Ori had beaten Scala in smashfesting.

I just want to make sure we don't have to leave Ori's at like 1 or something and thus give my support elsewhere.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Generally my smashfests go till 2/3 but since I amd hosting in the morning I would want everyone out by 1 since I would like to have a nice night of sleep before the day of the tourney.

Also, scala wants to host he can go ahead. I am aiming for us here in WB, like Gio, Marco, and Lain (since he might be in WB for the night)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
juggle, is it ok if i add LOE1 and ZeldaMaster to the MI smash players map? they never look at this thread
Yeah, feel free to.

re-posting in case anyone missed it:

Everyone should hit up the Michigan Smash Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...d=215047002749910854664.0004a3046684fccabdc52

I added in UM smashers whose locations I know for next school year. Anyone can and should edit in their location, not just UM people, but the MI community as a whole. Obviously you don't have to be too precise with your location if you live out in West MI or something. I just made it really precise for UM people in case someone wants to zoom in and know exactly where to find everyone else on campus.

To add your location to the map:
1) Click Edit on the top left of the page
2) Right-click somewhere on the map and click Add Placemark
3) Put your name in Title + your city and main character in Description
4) Drag the placemark around to pinpoint your exact location
5) Click Save on the top left of the page

Hopefully this will be convenient for Smashfest planning.

I might also color-code names manually based on if you play Melee, Brawl, or both.

P.S. if I got your location wrong, feel free to drag your placemark around.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
That episode was hilarious. But honestly episode 1 of this season was amazing and my favorite by far.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Who cares about that right now, Red Wings are losing ffs!!!! :(
Although Zetterberg just scored a shot, we'll see in the third period but omfgzomfg im so scared I want them to win so badly!!!!!
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Rob: I'm dumb. I had the date wrong on those plans, I am free this weekend, so if you do end up having room, put me back on that list of gas donaters.

Moooose

Smash Champion
i officially dont need a ride rob. i'm going home to visit the fam on friday. might make it to the tourney, not sure yet.
also i still want to team with you...but since my odds of going are like 50/50 you should find another teammate. sorry for the late notification.
also congratulations to you and bowyer for putting those adverts up, i think theyre really working. i keep having people ask if ive heard of the smash club thats advertising on campus. theyre also pretty eye catching, because ive noticed myself seeing them pretty often. so good **** guys!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
@ Mark: lookin' mad flaky haha

@ TheMann: I don't get it, are you in Ypsi right now or somewhere else? I can give you a ride to the tourney if you're somewhere between AA and Bloomfield. Otherwise I'll just give you a ride back.

Top Bottom