• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big Ike Guide By B4BC edit: CLEANED UP AGAIN A LITTLE

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
Yeah i know....>.>

It gets a little hard typing from my wii after 3 hours. But oh well

@slev

Well your the one making a big deal about capital letters.

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
It gets a little hard typing from my wii after 3 hours.
Johns.

We don't need a guy who makes Johns about typing to make an Ike guide. He probably just makes Johns about all the strategies in it that don't work.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
I don't get what johns mean is it excuses? Well if it is i'm sorry i don't have a computer, and those stratiges, which ever ones you are talking about do work. The funny thing about this, is that my name is actually john o.O

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142935

OP, this is how a guide should be done.

GG.

Smooth Criminal

see: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=143306

concise
well spaced
a USEFUL application of color... the only exception being towards R/G color blind people
polished presentation
a lot less useless CRAP than you find in any other guide, except for elliot's
and the author is actively discovering new techniques and facts, rather than just taking others and rewriting them as his own work

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Cut the guy some ****ing slack, he's on his Wii. Once Roith has access to his computer, he should be able to paste his guide into Word or something, spellcheck and change some colors so they aren't as useless.

ama(m/t) is just a stingy Brawl Elitist who's trying to boast that he has Brawl and the rest of us don't. If the mods actually tried to moderate this forum, he would've been banned a while ago.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
Cut the guy some ****ing slack, he's on his Wii. Once Roith has access to his computer, he should be able to paste his guide into Word or something, spellcheck and change some colors so they aren't as useless.

ama(m/t) is just a stingy Brawl Elitist who's trying to boast that he has Brawl and the rest of us don't. If the mods actually tried to moderate this forum, he would've been banned a while ago.
running out of ideas, huh
if you'd like to show me something that would help support your idea that i just love lording the fact that I have brawl over other people, i'd probably be reading it for the first time

p.s.
i also wish a mod cared about this forum
then the stickied topics would change

regardless of what he's typing the guide from, there's no reason for this to be stickied over better work

you're one of those "affirmative action" lovers huh

try getting by by presenting something solid, rather than banking on your friends to talk about your lack of a computer

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I think I'm done "arguing" on the Ike boards. Nothing will be resolved, and it'll eventually just make me grumpier. If I have offended anyone in the process, I apologize I suppose.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
running out of ideas, huh
if you'd like to show me something that would help support your idea that i just love lording the fact that I have brawl over other people, i'd probably be reading it for the first time

p.s.
i also wish a mod cared about this forum
then the stickied topics would change

regardless of what he's typing the guide from, there's no reason for this to be stickied over better work

you're one of those "affirmative action" lovers huh

try getting by by presenting something solid, rather than banking on your friends to talk about your lack of a computer
Actually, you'd be suprised at how much I hate affirmative action. I'm Taiwanese, so I'm hurt by it. I'm not saying that Roith's guide is the greatest, only that he doesn't deserve so much criticism for his lack of spellcheck.
Perhaps the mod who sticked this guide felt that it was a eclectic conglomeration of all the guides, videos, information threads thus far.
I'm not much of a debater, so I'll end this right here.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
we can settle this with a mutual "wishing mods were here to make everything better"

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
ahh whatever im done too. Once brawl hits America i'am going to rewrite this entire guide and you can critizie me until i get it right. I don't get much access to a com, but in 32 i'll be on break, have the game, have a com, and spellcheck to make a hell of a guide. But for now my wii can't handle all the text when i try to edit it. So ama you will have to deal with it until then. More then one thread can be stickied. I've gotten many compliments on how this has helped people. But one thing is for sure, i seriously did not make any of this stuff up and did not steal from other guides. If it really bothers you that much, and can't wait 32 days, take it up with the mod who moderates the ike forums.

Milos

Smash Lord
Guide's improving, but I still really think that his nair is way better than his side B. Side B doesn't really set up combos that well. Priority is meh.

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
lets wait brawl before touching your guide

By the way smashboard is so instable and slow what going on I always have some Http error 500 >_>

reothepenguin

Smash Journeyman
Hey Roith, I actually like the guide. I'm not sayin its the best but in my opinion, its very well written and easy to understand. A couple of the other guides have failed in that area.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Roith, I figured out how to the Reverse Jump-Cancelled Hyphen Smash without having jump mapped to up on the analog stick:

Reverse Jump Cancelled Hyphen Smash

What it does: While running in one direction, you can do your upSmash in the opposite direction. This is useful for characters like Ike who have different range on the back part of their upSmash
How do it: This is a jump-cancel. If you have Up mapped to the analog stick it's easier since the jump is automatic.
Dash Right, Pull Left, Slide from Left to Hold Up (or jam Up) and Press A
With Tap Jump disabled, you have to do it like this:
Dash Right, Pull Left, Slide from Left to Hold Up, X/Y and then IMMEDIATELY press A (or press X/Y + A at the same time)

That's pretty much it. **** useful for Ike and I found out how to do it without having to map Tap Jump, just yesterday.

comboking

Smash Master
yah we should just wait till Brawl! I have it preorder on walmart .com and it should come in the mail either on the 19TH 18 or 2oTH. because stores in South Dakota don't get things right AWAY!

comboking

Smash Master
just picking on you if you think it is mean I will stop but I do make fun of people not trying to be mean

k4polo

Smash Journeyman

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
thanks kpolo i will add them when i get a chance.

@pltmNgl
thats a good idea, but im gona go ask for his permission.

@reotheg
thanks

Badakin

Smash Apprentice
I like the thoroughness of this guide this will deffinatly help when i start ike if only there was a soinc one like this

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
thank you i love the praise, but im sure someone will make one, most liky once the game is released. If you look in melee forums there is at least 1 crazy guide thats amazing

EX: ckeck the marth & sheik forums in ssbm

dragon574444

Smash Rookie
You know, as I was playing as Ike, something unusual happened. I used his >B move alot, it's a great move after all. Naturally, when I charged it up it went a set distance. While I used it, right after I released it's charge, I hit and held the R button. This caused Ike to fly past my opponent who was shielding and he flew off the edge. He also flew further than usual. A normal >B doesn't cause Ike to suicide, he usually stops at the edge. Now unless it was my imagination or caused by something on the stage Halberd, I'm not sure what caused that, other than my holding R after I released the charge. I think further testing should be done on this.

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
You know, as I was playing as Ike, something unusual happened. I used his >B move alot, it's a great move after all. Naturally, when I charged it up it went a set distance. While I used it, right after I released it's charge, I hit and held the R button. This caused Ike to fly past my opponent who was shielding and he flew off the edge. He also flew further than usual. A normal >B doesn't cause Ike to suicide, he usually stops at the edge. Now unless it was my imagination or caused by something on the stage Halberd, I'm not sure what caused that, other than my holding R after I released the charge. I think further testing should be done on this.
So wait... you Quick Drawed, then held R immediately after? And did it cause him to like... SLIDE past your opponent, or actually Quick Draw past him?

Kirk

Smash Champion
I do believe that this is a fluke. That or, you aren't describing exactly what happened. I'm pretty sure its impossible for Quick Draw to pass through someone, let alone fly off the ledge. QD always stops on the ledge while you're on the ground. If you're in the air, then that could happen.

Top Bottom