• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Fox Of Mexico Or The World

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I hear everything you're saying. However, we don't have much to base their skill level on besides EGS (the only tournament I've seen them play in) and friendlies. And in the 1 v 1s with People/Javi and People/Jorge, he got them both down to 1 stock. Granted he got 3-stocked in the other game, but still. You can tell that they're technically skilled and since they play with the best in Mexico, they can't be that bad.

lol, yeah EGS is a joke. But again, I can't think of any other tournaments they played in (actually, I can think of one but I don't know the name or any details of it. I think the Twins placed 1st and 2nd though).

So yeah, the people they play with aren't straight pro, but they're alright. KID actually just joined Smashboards, so if he happens to see this topic, maybe he can fill us in.

I like how this thread is a bunch of people saying they suck, and a bunch of people jockin them.
Get it? it should be closed? -_-

whenever the thread is titled something like that, its basically gonna end up like this.
like that one guy who started the thread of his fox tricks video and was like "is this 1337 enough for ya!?!?!?"

stupid thread will get stupid posts. sjaoijhsoihanisudxsgx

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I saw, like, 30 seconds on the first match and this is what I got out of those few seconds:
They're not really very good if they (the Fox, JAVI) does a Bair out of shield to counter Falco's Dair, because:

1) Fox did Bair despite the obvious possiblity of eating a shine from Falco unless Falco sucked.
2) Falco got hit by the Bair, suggesting he screwed up and didn't L-Cancel correctly into a Shine

Shortly after, Fox did Nair, landed and got hit by Falco's Dair. OK... where was that shine?

Shortly after that, Fox got dashattacked into fsmash into dsmsah when he tried to recover using Illusion. Where was the sweetspot? If he didn't want to go for the sweetspot, how come he Over B:ed at Falco-level instead of going above him (eating a possible usmash, which is much less severe than a dsmash or an fsmash).

Yah... technical skill? Sure. Super-mindgames-which-will-****-MLG? Hardly.

TeH PwNx0rZ

Smash Apprentice
There‘s nothing wrong with saying he's got a good fox, just saying he's the best or close to the best is an exaggeration.
Agreed. You can't judge a Fox is the best until he verses the best. It's like stating that you're the best Super Smash Bros. player ever without even playing the game.

alcheato

Smash Ace
I saw, like, 30 seconds on the first match and this is what I got out of those few seconds:
They're not really very good if they (the Fox, JAVI) does a Bair out of shield to counter Falco's Dair, because:

1) Fox did Bair despite the obvious possiblity of eating a shine from Falco unless Falco sucked.
2) Falco got hit by the Bair, suggesting he screwed up and didn't L-Cancel correctly into a Shine

Shortly after, Fox did Nair, landed and got hit by Falco's Dair. OK... where was that shine?

Shortly after that, Fox got dashattacked into fsmash into dsmsah when he tried to recover using Illusion. Where was the sweetspot? If he didn't want to go for the sweetspot, how come he Over B:ed at Falco-level instead of going above him (eating a possible usmash, which is much less severe than a dsmash or an fsmash).

Yah... technical skill? Sure. Super-mindgames-which-will-****-MLG? Hardly.
I think you guys seriously over think these matches...they're probably just having fun. I mean, it's a few friendlies between brothers who play each other all the time so why would they go all out? And as people have already said, it's tough to judge their skill without seeing them perform in a tournament setting against known players.

Banks

Smash Hero
they are pretty good, but implying that this is the best fox in the world...

far from it, there are loads of people just as good as and better than these kids

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Okay, the consensus has been reached, they're not the best, we've gone over this a billion times, and I think it's time for all of you to

STFU

dvt

Smash Cadet
lol some people take smash too seriously, and these were friendlies if i am correct.

dvt

Smash Cadet
Agreed. You can't judge a Fox is the best until he verses the best. It's like stating that you're the best Super Smash Bros. player ever without even playing the game.
btw that's a real stretch.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Well I finally got to see the twins in real life. I played Twin and sorry to say though he beat me it was not as bad as i was expecting. They are good don't get me wrong and they do show good tech skills but, they lack one thing the top 15 snmashers have in the us. Variety. I three stocked a fox with falcon that Javi only 1 stocked with falcon in tourney. Actually the player I was most impressed by was Guillicon. He has a pretty good marth and a really good samus, but I still would not say he is better than hugs and especially not ken. And I think that is the conclusion I have come to, they are real good, but thats it. So are every top 3 or 5 player from every state from the US. And I think that is it they are real good but not anywhere close to what the top 10 in the US has to offer. Plus the Gemelos are nice guys so dont hate on them.

Go to this thread to find more information about what could prolly be the biggest smash tournament ever. Smashmex3 300+ atrtendace http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2320182#post2320182

And yes the gemelos will be there.

offcell

Smash Apprentice
Why? tsetse has actually played them and has enlightened us on their game. I think that's good enough :p There's really nothing else to discuss until you've played them :/

tsetse

Smash Lord
i only played twin(tuga) not javi but i saw him play alot of tourney matches and use different characters and yes they are good but not nowhere what was proposed at first.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Well if Smash-Mex 3 is supposed to be as big as tsetse says it will be, there has to be some good Americans that will attend. We definitely need some top people to rep USA.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
the videos were friendlies, go to smashmex 3 and find out how good they are. i personally think some of u guys will have a bit of a challenge against javi. but thats jus my opinion.

tsetse

Smash Lord
the videos were friendlies, go to smashmex 3 and find out how good they are. i personally think some of u guys will have a bit of a challenge against javi. but thats jus my opinion.
actually javi is no scrub, i say he beats 75% of the people that play this game competitively, he is good just not the best ever.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
javi has a pretty fox but i wouldn't make outrageous claims like best of of the world. He def has talent but then again the people he plays are clearly not close to his level and fairly predictable and have pretty horrible DI. I'd like to see him come to the states to play vs some good players.
I think he'd do pretty well at a US tournament but i can't see him take out any top players but who knows i'm just judging by his videos which really isnt fair but i have nothing else to judge off of.

fugito348

Smash Journeyman
hes not the best or one of the best till he beats people with names at a tourney. hes the best in his country probably and technical. u cant base assumptions off videos

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
There‘s nothing wrong with saying he's got a good fox, just saying he's the best or close to the best is an exaggeration.
yeah i aggree with you man. he is good, but definetly not the best. dont even go there.

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
Say...You're pretty good. You could be the best fox of Mexico, but I'm sure not of the world, but hey. I'm not complainin'.....You guys make playing with the music off more intense then with it on.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
lol @ PC, you are supposed to say "IM the best in the world, b$tches!"
QFT G-reg

I'd say in a best case scenario vs. a top ranked player, he would take maybe one or two matches before being shut down. That's how great technical players lose; think Bombsoldier.

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
Lol @ all the arguin in this thread. Didn't you guys know? Your not allowed to have opinions of your own on the interwebz. :laugh:

javi has a pretty fox but i wouldn't make outrageous claims like best of of the world. He def has talent but then again the people he plays are clearly not close to his level and fairly predictable and have pretty horrible DI. I'd like to see him come to the states to play vs some good players.
I think he'd do pretty well at a US tournament but i can't see him take out any top players but who knows i'm just judging by his videos which really isnt fair but i have nothing else to judge off of.
lol i said the same thing to my brother about this.
javi looks pretty **** nice and he would do good here but the pros are too good.
hes like another bombsoldier.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
If the title of this thread didn't have the "Or The World" part, this thread definitely wouldn't be this big.

aside from the fact that bombsoldier could actually beat pros
Umm, which top american pros did bombsoldier beat again?

bombsoldier will always be my favorite smasher because of JGT but ken beat him. Plus ken's match up versus falco has heavily improven thanks to PC Chris being to good at the MLGs.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
They have no idea what they're talking about. Bombsoldier absolutely sweeped Masashi in JGT, who is one of the the top Japanese pros. Not only that, but taking 2 matches from Ken is pretty good too.

tsetse

Smash Lord
yes but anyone can lose to anyone on any given day. 1 tourney don't mean squat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom