• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Fox Of Mexico Or The World

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I think they're debating Monterrey and Nuevo Laredo. Monterrey makes more sense because of the amount of smashers that they have in Monterrey. However, Nuevo Laredo would bring more American smashers. I think I read somewhere on the Smash-Mex site (my Spanish is pretty sketch though) that they were getting Caveman and Rob$ to go. Where did you hear that they're not going? I don't know if they're active on Smashboards, but if they are someone should ask them.

Uh.. My Fox AND Falco are better, and I suck.
Jokes 'n'!

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Where did I say I was more technical? I remember saying "its not that hard to be technical".

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I think they're debating Monterrey and Nuevo Laredo. Monterrey makes more sense because of the amount of smashers that they have in Monterrey. However, Nuevo Laredo would bring more American smashers. I think I read somewhere on the Smash-Mex site (my Spanish is pretty sketch though) that they were getting Caveman and Rob$ to go. Where did you hear that they're not going? I don't know if they're active on Smashboards, but if they are someone should ask them.
Will Javi be at this Smashmex tournament? I'm hoping that it's in Nuevo Laredo so maybe a lot of Texas guys can go. If Javi, Caveman, Rob$ and any other Texas peeps are at this, then we'll finally get to see how Javi would do vs American smashers.

I'm noticing a trend whenever a Javi/Jorge thread is posted.

"OMG too Predictable"

"Would lose to Americans"

"[insert American Pro] is better"

"I'm more technical"

"I'm better"

"He sucks!"

offcell

Smash Apprentice
Javi's mindgames are 2leet. Hold shine and wait for Falco to approach. What?!

On a serious note, his Fox does look like he can put up a fight. Let's let the ppl who actually played him say he sucks :p

tsetse

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure cave and rob wont be there they told me in person.

Read my sig. I talk with them all the time.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
yea 56k, everyones saying nonsense about javi and jorge. stuff like "im better i know i am so therefore im better" kind of stuff. and things like javi is so predictable! well i dont think u guys would seriously know unless uve played him.

Nafix

Smash Apprentice
hmm, people probably wouldn't criticize him so much if the post wasn't so cocky. best fox in the world?

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Will Javi be at this Smashmex tournament? I'm hoping that it's in Nuevo Laredo so maybe a lot of Texas guys can go. If Javi, Caveman, Rob$ and any other Texas peeps are at this, then we'll finally get to see how Javi would do vs American smashers.
I think Jorge actually wants it to be in Nuevo Laredo due to competition against Americans. That makes me think that they'll go regardless of where it is. Now I'm not 100% of this, but this is what I got out of visiting the smash-mex forum.

Im pretty sure cave and rob wont be there they told me in person.

Read my sig. I talk with them all the time.
Yeah, I actually did look at your sig but I didn't notice any of them in your banner. However, I overlooked "Crystal City Smash". Are they active on smashboards? I definitely believe you, but I'm curios as to why I read that they're going and why not.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
you read they are going, cause people from laredo play them twice on the laredo side of texas, and they want to take them to the mexican side of laredo, thing that has never happened.

tsetse

Smash Lord
prolly because crystal city is 1 hour away only from laredo so somene from laredo just prolly assumed they were since they have gone to laredo to play before.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
read the title of the thread.
read the last few pages on our title discussion.
edit: we discussed the title somewhere back like page 5 or something

for 1. its not saying javi is the best in the world, notice the question mark. its really asking for opinions, not stating a fact.
2. some of us have agreed that its merely an attention catcher. not something to be taken seriously.
tho javi isnt the best in the world he is still a very technical/flashy fox

edit#2: this is the first time ive posted/logged on at school ^-^ i feel so sneaky and rebellious

tsetse

Smash Lord
Instead of looking at how good javi is. Look at how good his competition is. He really only has experience against 3 other good smashers. Guiillicon, pepino and his brother. He is not tourney experienced. But a technical player will always give even good experienced smashers trouble. Javi may win a couple against some of the guys under top ten but he would not win any against american top ten.
This list is from sep 06 so pc and KDJ should be higher i think but overall top ten dont really change i think. And I think these are based off MLG performance so take that however you want.
- 1. Ken (1)
- 2. Chu (2)
3. Mew2King (6)
4. PC Chris (3)
- 5. Azen (5)
6. Korean DJ (7)
7. Isai (4)
- 8. Chillin
9. Dope (10)
10. Vidjo (13)
11. KM (12)
12. Tink (11)
13. HugS (18)
14. King (15)
15. Neo (9)
16. Rob$ (17)
17. Wife (20)
18. Drephen (14)
N 19. Darkrain (n/a)
20. Caveman (16)
- 21. FastLikeTree (21)
- 22. Marcus (22)
23. DSF (19)
24. Husband (23)
25. Eddie (24)

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
If I hear one more thing about Mexican space animals I'm going to punch a Nun right in the face.

yes they're technical. probably really good.

and as has been said ad nauseum: Mexicans: until you fly to a big US tourney and do well, shut up about being able to beat top US players.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
They're probably just trying to defend themselves from the endless animosity they get by people who seem to think that technial skill = predictability.

Maybe Javi is playing predictably because he doesn't NEED to think in that particular matchup? If you can repeatedly exploit certain things about an opponent, outthinking becomes unnecessary, even detrimental. You can't really tell why he's playing the way he is from his videos, so knock it off. I guarantee you Azen isn't going to try and use crazy mindgames on 99.5% of the people he plays because he could just outspace them or pound them with technical skill.

It's true Javi would be limited by his experience if he came and played top US players. He'd be at a disadvantage. But you don't know how good he really is from his videos so stop maligning him.

Bass.

Smash Journeyman
Just people people are angry and reacting to the way the post was presented, doesn't mean they are maligning him. I would have to say the the first impression of this post is pretty arrogant for someone who has little experience with battles among many great ones here. I'm pretty sure you can vouch that experience is important too.

However, it has been cleared up in the later posts that the theme of topic was more of an attention grabber than a statement of god. So with that, a lot of the animocity should be killed.

Just don't act like people don't have a reason to be a little upset.

TastelessRamen

Smash Apprentice
Musoche/Jonas is the best Fox in Mexico, way better than this guy...

And Jonas is not the best Fox in the world, vis-a-vis this guy is not the best in the world. Pretty good, though. Pretty good.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Look honestly I don't think Javier cares about these discussions, same way our top players don't really care about these sort of discussion about themselves It only comes up when some fanboy comes in and then make a thread and then poses a question, in this case the title of the thread was meant to say . {The Best Fox Of Mexico and maybe The World} because the guy that posted the thread used a direct translation. So it becomes and issue to fanboys not to the players themselves. Yet from what i have heard from players that have posted on these threads whom have played javi and George(twin), the twins have claimed to be better than ken and us top players in conversation. But they never posted it themselves. Then again everyone thinks they are better than us players until they come and play them themselves. Heck I used to think I i had a chance against Ken until til he 4 stocked me 6 times in a row at Moast 3.

Bass.

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it is the fanboys who start this big post war on someone being good, not good, or the best. However, regardless if it's the person or the fanboy, it seems to always lead into a big rant when someone says some individual is the best at said character. Look at all the Bombsoldier rants. All it takes is for one person to make a post and say Bombsoldier is the best Falco and all hell breaks loose...

Ijuka

Smash Ace
No tourney experience + technical + no shield usage=gets *****. Ever heard of wavedash back?

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Musoche/Jonas is the best Fox in Mexico, way better than this guy...

And Jonas is not the best Fox in the world, vis-a-vis this guy is not the best in the world. Pretty good, though. Pretty good.
Until I see power rankings, this is incorrect. Not only have I heard that Javi is the best, Javi just does overall better than Muhsoce in tournaments (although Muhsoce travels more), namely EGS.

He really only has experience against 3 other good smashers. Guiillicon, pepino and his brother.
There are definitely a lot more good smashers in Monterrey than that. KID, Vena, and People to name a few.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
depends on your definition of good.
Oh definitely. However, judging on the people you named, I would assume you would think that the people I named are good also. Vena placed pretty well in EGS 2006, KID is definitely around the level of Guilingon, and People does a fair job of matching up to the twins's level of play.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
pfft dude, you make sound the EGS as a big important tournament, im sure you are aware of this but lets tell our friends here what the EGS is about....

THE EGS IS A FREE FOR ALL TOURNAMENT, THAT LATER ON, IT BECOMES A SINGLE ELIMINATION BRACKET WHERE ALL THE MATCHES ARE PLAYED ON FINAL DESTINATION WITH 3 STOCK 10 MINUTES...........AND ITS NOT EVEN 2/3, ITS 1 SINGLE GAME IN ONE SET... and on the EGS 2005 you couldnt choose the hidden characters cause the host said they had more advantage over the
available characters (lol, pichu and mewtwo own fox ^.^) in conclusion the EGS is run by people that dont know anything about the competitive smash scene.

so yeah, vena placing high = easy bracket side (and im not saying he sucks, its just that placing high at egs is not the big thing)

KID matching Guiligon level = all friendlies matches, plus those are samus dittos dittos, maybe KID is just more experienced versus samus thats it

and people matching up to the twins?.....pfft the twins 8stock him and he only had 4 stocks.

im not saying all those are bad, im pretty sure they are good, i just played the twins and guiligon when i was in mty, bit i need to play the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom