• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle for Power! (Matchmaking & Video Thread)

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

Ultra_(MQJ3)

Smash Cadet
NNID
WALI78
3DS FC
3368-2165-5005
If anyone's free at like noon or 1pm central time today, I'd be happy to play some games!

NNID is WALI78. Let me know if you add me.

mgleed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mgleed
Thank you for the helpful reply. I wasn't really sure where to put it since I saw other combo vid's with their own threads.

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
Anyone wanna play?
I can do it. Customs ?
Awesome, I'll add & host.
edit: GGs man, last match was kinda laggy so i figured it's enough.
GGs. Couldn't even win once, sometimes I was wondering how you got those reads after choking when I mixed up every option...except teching because I'm just this bad at playing.

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
I'll play you. Has to be 3DS though. :(

Edit: Oops, Kyo got you first.
Well he's probably gone for a bit so do you mind if I play with you? I'll understand if you say no since there's no challenge for you. =P

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
GGs, @ Opana Opana . Yr good with them stomps. Really good.
Sorry I posted in the other thread, just wanted to make it clear that you should be above me. I actually started using them after attempting to learn how to frame cancel it. I can't do it too well but I realized I can often hit them out of the massive hitstun and have been using it as a punish, especially for air dodges into the ground as many people dodge when I jump.

Still can't believe those Warlock Punches >_>

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
Did you know you can Wizkick over PK Fire? And yeah, especially against Ness, I would definitely recommend more N-airs, given you can trade with any of his aerials favorably if you space it right. Against Ness you shouldn't be afraid to edgeguard him, but at the same time you want to be able to condition him into either airdodging predictably or losing an exchange against your U-air. Furthermore with good timing, you can reliably tipman U-air him out of his PKT2.

Not sure what to recommend against Diddy, outside of knowing when to pick up items with the Z button. Jtails is really solid.
Thanks for that advice. I actually think Ganon does pretty ok vs diddy. This man should always pay for trying to d-throw u-air Ganon. Hit that monkey with dairs or whatever. I have had sooooo much success putting the fear into people because they get dookied on by Ganon's dair. It helps so much. I usually try to read diddy's side-b with up-smash due to the low ending lag. I have been practicing this matchup as much as possible since I started actually playing smash 4 seriously since the last Ktar. Hope to read up on more info. lol.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
Thanks for that advice. I actually think Ganon does pretty ok vs diddy. This man should always pay for trying to d-throw u-air Ganon. Hit that monkey with dairs or whatever. I have had sooooo much success putting the fear into people because they get dookied on by Ganon's dair. It helps so much. I usually try to read diddy's side-b with up-smash due to the low ending lag. I have been practicing this matchup as much as possible since I started actually playing smash 4 seriously since the last Ktar. Hope to read up on more info. lol.
I could've sworn those 2 moves trade

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I was going to head to KTAR but things didn't work out, would've been cool to play you @ Gunblade789 Gunblade789 .

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
who wants to have a rumble with the big poppa with the big moppa. (bonus points if you catch that reference)

Last edited:

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
Good stuff @ Kyogokudo Kyogokudo . You got better while I got rusty for taking almost a week off since I was super busy.
GGs. I guess that sorta explains why I even won some matches. And good to hear someone saying I'm getting better. I can't tell but I suppose I'm more agressive off-stage and actually go for gimps now. Still a long road before I become a great Ganon main though ahah.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
GGs. I guess that sorta explains why I even won some matches. And good to hear someone saying I'm getting better. I can't tell but I suppose I'm more agressive off-stage and actually go for gimps now. Still a long road before I become a great Ganon main though ahah.
These are friendlies so don't be afraid to experiment and lose a life trying something offstage. Then you will know for sure what works and what doesn't. I didn't mind losing today because I was rusty and I am working on my execution and my neutral game and I was trying what works and what doesn't. I say offstage you need to be absolutely fearless no matter the outcome out matches online since it isn't a tourney.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Is this were you can post your beast ganondorf gameplay?
If yes please check out this Crazy Ultimate battle i had yesterday
Recorded of phone but please watch and induct me into the hall of Ganondorf evil darkness of fame!

Maining Ganondorf is the best his power is too fun.

Ultimate for Glory Ganondorf Vs. Captian Falcon: https://youtu.be/rrqQoMzhOgw

Also watch the power of the Warlock punch
WARLOCK DESTRUCTION: https://youtu.be/3M6jrAbK8tg

Last edited:

Scraptor

Smash Cadet
NNID
ScraptorBC
Played and little this morning. I posted a replay against a Dark Pit just to try out that share feature. So if you search for Ganondorf matches or my user name. Check it out. I wish they fixed the having to exit to add friends or really we need an in game chat. I don't want to have to exit a game to see a message from someone.

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
I suppose I'll use that system when I'd need opinions on a particular match then. Not the most convenient way to do but it's still better than recording something with a potato quality.
Anyone interested in playing with me? Especially looking at you @ Scraptor Scraptor .

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
GG I all around played aweful good stuff we will play again later sometime!
GGs, that last match was pretty damn good. Too bad there was sometimes lag but we were even most of the time. Are you fine with me sharing the replays of some matches? (I only saved 2 or 3 including the last one)

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
@ Koskinator Koskinator @Adom has joined my room, if you're still there, you can pop right in and we can rotate.
So that's how it feels on the other side of the U-tilt :facepalm:
EDIT: GGs man, i feel like i really improved lately, it's the first time i felt like i wasn't completely helpless against you lol.
Also what do you think of the Shulk Ganondorf matchup?

Last edited:
Top Bottom