• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
QaCing is bad for aggression because people can throw out a move with a decent hitbox and hit you because Pika's hurtboxes stretch a lot during it. For Example - Zelda's Up and F-Smash, Snake Up-Tilt, MK Nair, etc.

If you guys want to fight PM each other or go to the Arena.
Yes, I know. It's in the first post of the thread. It just wouldn't have made sense to continue the post on an entirely different page.

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811

This is great ;D Wish I was there xD

It was fun while it lasted. It's always fun to find people from smashboards. Just the other night we actually had a full group from here. Twili, Hyper, Xadrin, and then me xD have you been on BB recently?

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
It was fun while it lasted. It's always fun to find people from smashboards. Just the other night we actually had a full group from here. Twili, Hyper, Xadrin, and then me xD have you been on BB recently?
...Awesome :D He he! I wish that would happen to me :( I never find anyone here (almost never). No I haven't.... been busy and been relaxing in the Brawl arena place, but I always go to our villages at times. :D

Until this time... I still haven't found an Ike that can actually challenge me. Well, the only one would be the Gold Ike, but I've won him too many times that he isn't Ike anymore. I really hope I'm mistaken-ed! He was the best Ike I've ever fought. :o And don't get me started with the Links... oh boy... Path though ;)

I did have a taunt party last week :D It was with a D3, Mario, and Sonic. xD The Lucas was the one who got annoyed xD We eventually surrounded him and taunted all around him, he snapped! XD Attacked us all, I just watched as the poor boy got mopped. I then left and then found a WarioMan (then I knew I'm on too late). There is always a WarioMan that will come at a certain time, I always win him, and he knows that, so he results to using WarioMan. However, I can still annoy him xD I just pick Sonic and keep running away, even if he gets points, I'd just continue to laugh my butt of on how he actually has trouble keeping up with me xD until he leaves xD Or tries to freeze the game by not dying as WarioMan before the time stops. I'll just disconnect when that happens He he :D

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Had many fun groups tonight. Especially enjoyed the group with the red Marth/Giga Bowser/Wario-Man/leopard (?) print Snake. Played on some hacked stages as well. Practice Stage, an all dark Battlefield, and Target Smash. I swear I've seen this guy a few nights ago. He must've recognized Twili and I.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Dark Zelda with an Orange Jacket Wario vs. a Snake/MK and a REALLY,REALLY bad Samus, anyone? Sorry about that KO.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Damn those disconnections! Kudos to a scary good neutral Marth/neutral/red Zelda who kept taking out that neutral TLink/neutral MK and then partied with us, then that red Marth/leopard Snake Giga hacker found us again! Good seeing you, whoever you are ;) I was the dark Zelda and Wisdom the green Zelda you guys were hanging out with on temple and green greens.

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
LOL found the same hacker from last night and a few nights before that. Who is this xD he plays as Giga Bowser, Wario Man, red Marth, and leopard-print Snake. I was in the group as green Zelda, Twili as dark Zelda, and some person who played as neutral Marth/red Zelda. BY FAR, one of the scariest people online.

There goes my internet...

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Do you still play Wi-Fi, Ryuga? ^-^

I've yet to pit my Ike against yours. Congrats on placing at Ranbats 7, by the way. Hoping to attend the next one. ^-^

link2702

Smash Champion
i hate it when i vs a crappy player hwo thinks he's good -_-; this dumb mk player only won our matches in temple by running away most of the match, then when the other two watchers left we got put on FD with cpus while he got lucky with cpu kills.

I'd kick this turds ass in a true 1v1 with no bs involved.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
It's bad in those situations when you get a player like that and when the others leave, you pray nobody else joins or CPUs won't take the field only just so you can dominate that player. Often times the game just wants to deny that privilege.

link2702

Smash Champion
and these past couple of matches a dumb c.falcon player just got in the way -_-; there were several times as my ice climbers i grabbed the crappy MK and could of finished em off but the c.falcon couldn't take a hint.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
How do i play gay? I dont stall, I get into a footsie range with my opponent because its much safer to be closer to him for punishes. I only run away when I know im backed up against a wall like when i was at the edge of temple. Too risky to fight there and at the bottom pillar.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
How do i play gay? I dont stall, I get into a footsie range with my opponent because its much safer to be closer to him for punishes. I only run away when I know im backed up against a wall like when i was at the edge of temple. Too risky to fight there and at the bottom pillar.
Well flying away on Temple with MK to avoid him isn't really sportsman like. But still I would prob have done the same thing if I were in your place. I never meant it in a bad way, more in a way that you played really safe.

Btw it's just BB so running away isn't a bad thing

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Right, cause theres very little room for error vs another MK when your at the ledge or in a area like the small pillar at the bottom of temple. Its almost a given having to play safe, but i wouldn't call that method gay though.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
yeah I guess that was the wrong term. I noticed you barely approached him but instead kept your area covered with hitboxes when he tried to rush in. So I guess you were just playing smart.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
and these past couple of matches a dumb c.falcon player just got in the way -_-; there were several times as my ice climbers i grabbed the crappy MK and could of finished em off but the c.falcon couldn't take a hint.
You fight a dark Ganon today?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yeah I guess that was the wrong term. I noticed you barely approached him but instead kept your area covered with hitboxes when he tried to rush in. So I guess you were just playing smart.
Lets put it this way, because my opponent was so hyper aggressive it allowed me to play this style relatively well. I'm not good at approaching. However, if you consider Brawls game mechanics, the game at its core forces you to not approach in most situations. As there is very little good ways to approach your opponent in brawl. So when you think about it that way, more safer methods tend to win in brawl versus out right rush down styles.

Mind you, that Link2702 plays IC. So at his core he was hard wired for playing this style. When you see his style paired up with IC it is very scary. His MK, not so much. If I had saved a vid of him on his IC you'd see his style gels alot better on his IC. Hes got better hit boxes to rely on ontop of knowing the character better. That paired with his footsies makes him a bigger challenge. Unfortunately, most good IC players cant play BB due to item BS and FFA which have too much separation risk, so they're forced off to alts. Hence why we see him playing MK instead. I much prefer playing his IC

Player -0

Smash Hero
I was on Basic Brawl a while ago *Not today, might've been yesterday*
And I was derping around, then a Black Zelda joined and I derpily just tried to spam flame choke on her assuming it was Twi or Tri :awesome:. It was on Captain Falcon's brawl stage and I was white haired Ganon! Everyone else tends to get serious when you do derpy, non damaging stuff...

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
And I was derping around, then a Black Zelda joined and I derpily just tried to spam flame choke on her assuming it was Twi or Tri :awesome:. It was on Captain Falcon's brawl stage and I was white haired Ganon! Everyone else tends to get serious when you do derpy, non damaging stuff...
Lol nope. Wasn't me xD could've possibly been Twili though

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
These parties you guys are having, I wish I could join in ;__; I am so bad at finding friends on BB... I've tried it for hours with a few people to no avail about 90% of the time xD

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
You guys should try to play offline.
*Clears throat*

Welcome to the Smash-boards Basic Brawl Thread!~ A place to chill, play Basic Brawl and chat about matches you had and have a good time.

There will be no:
  1. Put downs
  2. Bullying
  3. Profane language
  4. Inappropriate links, pictures, or content posted.
Keep that in mind and have fun!~

Sorry to hear that AllIsBrawl is shut down for good. Enjoy Smash-Boards now Cody. :)

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296

Nah I don't remember any recent port town aero shenanigans. There are other dark zeldas lurking about.. dununun. Honestly if you had done that to me I woulda just run to see what else would happen xD

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Port Town Aero Drive? What's that? I thought the only two stages in this game are FD and Temple S:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
rofl using mks ftilt to cancel spam chus thunder is funny when your buzzed

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
These parties you guys are having, I wish I could join in ;__; I am so bad at finding friends on BB... I've tried it for hours with a few people to no avail about 90% of the time xD
That is strange, I know a couple days ago I was in a match with lucas, an olimar, and a fox, the fox main tried attacking me at first, but I played tricky and soon the player realized how good I was and didn't attack me no more. I played for a half hour, sometimes the players would try to copy my movements, it wasn't very good but they did try. I usually go falco at first, usually and I make some friends lol.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
That is strange, I know a couple days ago I was in a match with lucas, an olimar, and a fox, the fox main tried attacking me at first, but I played tricky and soon the player realized how good I was and didn't attack me no more. I played for a half hour, sometimes the players would try to copy my movements, it wasn't very good but they did try. I usually go falco at first, usually and I make some friends lol.
Yeah you meet some "chickens" sometimes, I have had people attack me for no reason and run away many times. Maybe they just don't like me xD

link2702

Smash Champion
-_-; i have to stop meeting you like that dark, its not good for my health.

it makes it more frustrating because i know very well that i could take you in a legit match with no bs stages or idiots getting in the way(or at the very least i'd do far far far better than what happened in those matches) but each time i find you its your either running away just trolling me on a broken stage like temple, one or two idiots getting in the way like the C.falcon, or both.

ugh....least just like the other time i got a good kill on ya that made it worth it in some regards, in this case, my nana got a revenge kill on you with her uair at the top of the stage.

tomorrow after 10am central time but before 4pm central, face me. No bs stages, no idiots to get in the way. Win or lose it'll at least give me peace of mind knowing that its not a ******** basic brawl match.

/:salt:

also ironic and strange that you praise my ice climbers when i don't even really main them, the character in my avy is still my main. In fact I only just recently within the past year and a half picked up the icies and that was simply because i know my main is too disadvantaged against brokenknight to even bother using him in the matchup.

....guess maybe its a sign i really should take a shot at using the ******'s more frequently and seriously...

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
Had fun games with a Snake who turned into a purple Lucas. Learn that dusterjump dude :D

We dominated this noob a lot xD I was orange Lucas

Top Bottom