• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

King of Brawl

Smash Rookie
That isn't my Luigi D: Thanks for uploading, and sorry for all the trouble, bro.

You can tell mine because I simply don't utilt nearly as much as that. I prefer Usmash followed by any air combo.

Wouldn't want to take credit for someone else's amazing play.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
alright

from the way you described yourself you both sounded similar, i'll make the adjustments now. They were still fun matches regardless. I got to practice canceling luigi's moves with my ftilt i caught that luigi off guard.

Some of you have been poking around on my vids and have seen wifi matches with me vs gambit ;)

He's a student of mine that is learning brawl. He's a street fighter player and is pretty old school style/ respectable Guile player. I'm pretty happy to say that I helped him choose the characters he wants to play, Lucario/Pit, but I am trying to encourage him to play more characters. Any suggestions are welcome. But to not veer this thread off topic, PM me with suggestions. He needs characters that dont rely on CG gimmick mechanics, but he likes characters with really good priority normals, and no he doesn't like MK and can't understand how snake works yet. However, he absolutely loves Lucario's combo options with jab>grabs, utilt combos. He also likes Lucarios aura sphere and prefers characters with a projectile.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Something quite strange just happened. I was (black):dk2:, in a group with two other players, a :luigi2: and a :sonic:, the latter being "away from controller." A (white):pt: then entered the room, who was actually good, really good. What's so strange is that the :pt: actually repeatedly KOed the player that was AFC, something I've never seen done by someone that was actually good. And now enters one of the many times that I wish Brawl had voice chat. I was actually shocked, and lost quite a bit of respect for him, because it's just really pathetic. Sorry, whoever that was, but you're not trying to win a tournament or bring up your rank, and you certainly are not proving to us that you're an awesome player. Call it scrub mentality, but I think they cared a little too much about winning. It's sad, I would've loved to actually fight them. The funny thing is that once the :sonic: clearly wasn't AFC anymore, they STILL kept trying to KO them, thinking that they didn't know that "you must recover!" or something, even though I was trying to get a 1-on-1 with him like I've done with many other players. *sigh* Oh well, but I honestly don't know why I even care so much. KOing players that are AFC has always annoyed me greatly.
Just to finish the story, I switched to (blue):dedede:, :luigi2: left, a (purple):dedede: entered the room, the other player switched to (white):ness2:, and then the room was disconnected.

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
I had some hilarious four-way matches a night or two ago, most prominently at Final Destination.

I can't remember who all we were at the beginning, but sometime later three of us went DK and deliberately started using only throw attacks. If that wasn't random enough, we would then just explicitly use down throws over and over again, and wait to kill one another at Sudden Death. The whole thing was so stupid, and it didn't help that I'm easily entertained, so man, I was really laughing hard during those matches.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Spent hours fighting this guy in some not-so-serious, but still extremely fun one-on-ones. Granted, in the matches shown we're more fooling around then fighting, but still very fun.

http://youtu.be/kHHIV6xXfM8
Fun matches P3!

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
eh? i figured that red ike/marth i ran into twice today would of posted here by now, he definitely knew what he was doing...

eh...well anyway i had several ups and downs today.

probably the most hilarious match i had today though was against a noob GW, and a raging noob falco.

i killed both of em wiht my pit a total of 6 times......with zero deaths...

:troll: all by hanging on the ledge and using mostly wings of icarus to screw em up while they were dumb enough to try and jump after me while i was on the ledge.

Seriously that falco was in so much rage mode, that he constantly kept setting himself up for easy kills, a lot of the time i didn't even damage him, he tried to attack me under the ledge with a Bair, i'd avoid it, he'd screw up his second jump and end up having to resort to trying to use his up special to recover, I'd just screw him up with my up special and ledge hog.

I was also doing more or less the same to the GW, he was mostly getting in the way of the falco though and only helped to give me easy kills on him. :troll:

I saved the replay if anyone wants me to send it to em to record :troll: i have no way to record em unfortuantly.

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
oh god i love trolling ragers so much, probably my favorite aspect of BB. i'm laughing from reading your description of that falco player alone

like you said, the best part is when they start screwing themselves in spite of their anger and just rack up your score LOL

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
I hate a**holish players who also happen to be good. There was this Jiggs/Peach/IC's player who was just being a d**k (taunting every time I got killed, etc.), when I was just trying to put up a good fight. It's obnoxious. When someone else you encounter online is at least showing that they've put in effort and time into improving their game, something so rare amongst a sea of people who show that they are satisfied with their spamming skills... Whatever. I think he was the one who ended up DCing the room, too. What a troll. And chaingrabbing, good lord...

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
LMAO I was that Jiggs/Peach/ICs I do that to everyone.

Yea I cged the hell out of ur peach.

But ur the better player cause I suck :/

GGs. Hope I get to troll u again soon :D

PS: I don't even know how to D/C people :/

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I was a white peach but I don't remember seeing any other peaches. I just remember a peach that could freepull and I was trolling it

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
On sunday night I was bored and was in the mood to play brawl with my wii remote because I didnt want to get up to play with my gcc. I joined a basic brawl and trolled with meta knight and wario. I got 2 other players very mad. They kept hitting me again and again even when I put my controller down to go on youtube. Irrc, one was zelda and the other one was a green mk.

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
LMAO I was that Jiggs/Peach/ICs I do that to everyone.

Yea I cged the hell out of ur peach.

But ur the better player cause I suck :/

GGs. Hope I get to troll u again soon :D

PS: I don't even know how to D/C people :/
Oh awks ._.

And no, you were smarter with your moves. I'm just mad I didn't have much room to space. And other people were getting in the way... :mad: GGs.

And I could've sworn because the moment you grabbed me on Hyrule with IC's, it froze, which I thought would've been a nice "last laugh" for you. :glare:

:phone:

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry. All I do on BB is troll people. I turn on items. HIGH bumpers. I suck.
jokes on u cuz when it comes to items the bumpers are the only ones i like :awesome: so if i ever faced you (which i have a feeling i have since i've ran into a ganon where bumpers were on high before) you'd only make me lol cuz even if i get my *** kicked bumpers always provide such hilarious results that i always end up enjoying matches that they're in.

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry. All I do on BB is troll people. I turn on items. HIGH bumpers. I suck.
I turn on items too. :awesome: It's usually boring if there are no items in a match and no one is fighting. So to prevent that, you either turn them on or start attacking people, I guess. :smirk:

Btw, do Snakes online actually think they're pro because they can DACUS every two seconds? PUT DOWN THE CONTROLLER AND CALM IT AHHHH ugh :facepalm:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
ggs to the Sonic i met 30 minutes ago in TB. You kept trying to come after me to learn the pika mu, i applied your bravery to do so in such...awful lag. I saw you suicide alot and i did to because the lag got that bad >.>

We both had snakes as team mates, both were laggy.

Vids from TB -- more to come tonight

http://youtu.be/PhaBQ3XQq8s

http://youtu.be/OFoCiYt1nfo

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I cannot find any decent players online anymore.... Is there a certain time when pros go online or am I missing something? Seriously, I'm tired of DC'ing ***s who don't do anything the whole match and plank in sudden death. -_-

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
For Basic Brawl, 10pm-5am at night EST seems typical times when good players are on. Higher chances to find them in Team battle throughout the day too.

GGs @ the ppl in my Team Battle room. Everyone left after me and ike gayed the room hard. I was playing Pika/DDD

Bio-Blue

Smash Cadet
Pretty good day in basic brawl.
Awesome matches with MK since he could only beat me in sudden death :awesome: (i'll put the videos up some time when I figure it out)

And after that I was in a sparring room with a Marth/Sonic/Ike, Pit/Peach/?, and finally a Sheik/Toon Link/and Link.
Sadly I didn't get a video of Sonic's mind-F#%& tricks, but I did get random videos of the sparring. (I'll put them up when I figure it out)
Other then that, they were pretty good matches.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Thanks Dark, I guess team battle will have to do. i usually try to avoid it, mainly for the fact that you never know when a bad player would be on your team. Or even worse is when they are AFC.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Metal, if they are AFK. Leave.

Most of the time you'll at least get to play with a semi-smart team mate. If you look at some of my team battle videos, it gives you a fairly good idea of what I run into.

Here's what happens usually;

Typically you'll run into either these kinds of set ups. Set up 1) 2 players are semi-smart, 1 is a noob. Set up 2) All of them are noobs, Set Up 3) 3 players are tournament goers.

You get the option of doing 1-2 things with Set up 1 and 2. You can either bully the noob player to leave. And 9/10 times the noob player GETS that hes bad and will gracefully leave in 1-4 matches. If the whole room is full of noobs and you style on everyone, eventually the room will fall apart and gives it a chance for better players to come in. Most of the time the weaker players will leave because they realize they will never get a win when they're holding down the team. However in some cases it can kill a perfectly good room. Btw, when your playing with a weak player, give them a chance and fight with them even if it means carrying. I've had players give up and suicide on my team because they're frustrated over losing. I have convinced a couple of these guys to stop suiciding and fight they typically come around n we fight together. And we win. I mean, consider the weaker persons feel on winning with a really good team mate. They feel inspired to play hard :)

Try to relax and find something interesting about the noobs. I've run into an all noob room where i gave this 1 guy a hard time because i wanted to learn the pika vs wolf mu, and after a few matches i eased up and casually started playing with him and noticed he was having alot of fun with me. And he only picked villain characters! We even had Team Bowsers vs team nubs and he was taunting and showing off that he was having a good time. Its players like this guy that I play online for. Just a good to honest noob looking for a good time.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I had a good hour or so in Team Battles with a MK, Kirby, and Captain Falcon last night.

Most of the stages were either the Temple or Frigate Orpheon. The Kirby and CF kept attacking each other mostly because Kirby kept taunting every time he was KO'd. The MK was fun to fight against. We were about equal in KOs the entire time and spent around 1:40 in every Temple stage trying to get 1 KO off one another. The CF Falcon Punched about every few attacks, I noticed, and the Kirby kept using Up-B. Don't know if any of you guys were in there or not.

Also, if anyone sees a G&W in Team Battles at 11:30pm-2:AM EST that starts every match with a forward hop into the Fishbowl move, that's most likely me trying to learn the ropes with him.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
figures i'd run into an ******* falco who knew somewhat what he was doing.

him and his snake buddy had to double team me, and give each other free kills and spam the hell out of items to beat me, to make things worse there was a ****ty wolf in there as well who just kept getting in the way and giving the falco even mroe kills.

EDIT: ugh....lots of trolls tonight who all have to gang up on me

and why is it ALL the zeldas in basic brawl seem to have some idea of what they're doing ? i keep runing into so many lately that know how to glide toss, know how to land those lightning kicks almost perfeclty each time, annd just in general know how to read their opponents fairly decently.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I Know that feel. Its ok, if you cant beat them error their room out lol

And yea I've been running into alot of Zeldas. They're still easy to beat if you play a tight spacing game with them and block their Nayru's love / Smashes. On pikachu its super easy for me to get a combo off on them since 80% ROLL BEHIND ME to try to grab me. Utilt>uair strings and when they start dodge spaming either land or air. Pika's bair takes care of it.

ggs@ the PT, Ike, ZSS, Ness, Olimar player. Our TB room just DC'ed. I was the Pikachu/Lucas player. When we come together and work as a team we can beat even good snakes like that ;)

lmao i just ran into this guy in another room. I'm on wolf now. We have him on PT, plus theres Fox and MK in here. Getting on DDD. We have PT[same guy], Bowser, Lucas.

Rofl this guy on his PT, walks up to me on Corneria and asks to fight with crouch taunts and jabs XD

On Lucario now.

kaazers

Smash Master
I managed to play a bit late last night/early this morning depending on the timezone. First GG's to a P4 Red Marth/ Neutral Zelda/ Pit last night. I didn't really get a chance to fight you since, after two rounds of us fighting, you decided that we should both attack that obnoxiously showy P3 Brown Samus instead. I thought we were okay so I don't know why you grabbed and threw me on Temple after apologizing to me when you'd accidentally hit me. Haha, no matter. We'd spent earlier rounds watching a ZSS and the show-offy Samus fight.

Then I had some one-on-ones with the Brown Samus. GG's. Both he and the Pit were good. I'd been Green Snake for a few rounds, but the fights only started after I switched to Green Ike. The spectating P2 Neutral Zelda DC'd the group the very round I'd 2-stocked the Samus… I'm sure they thought it was me, lol.

No luck with fights today though.

Bio-Blue

Smash Cadet
ACK
The taunt parties are slowly coming over to TB.
I've gone through three matches already, where they attempt to buddy up and do nothing. Especially this one Kirby and PT :glare:

Other then that, GG's to the Yoshi/Ness. Lucky that he/she was partnered up with an actual good player, and had no need to carry.
And a funny row of matches when this one sonic did nothing but rarely spam the B special and walk around. I would choose snake and intentionally blow him up. And when it finally entered his brain that it was on purpose he would have the nerve to be mad at me and pick MK in hoping that we would verse each other....but we never did :awesome:
Finally he left, but so did everyone else.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Had a trolling Kirby/Ganondorf/Ness/Jigglypuff in my room in TB that I trolled back. I think this might be him in BB on Blue Ganon.

He started acting weird and left after SD just now...

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Had some fun, as well as aggravating matches these past few days.

A lot of them were free as usual, but there were a couple that stood out. I had a 1v1 against a very smart Samus, against my scrubby Wario who I now know can go through ALL her missiles with F-air. We went into SD and I read a ledge attack, then pointed out her mistake (D-tilt fun) I left after that because my Wario is just to troll :troll:

My D3 is now a tank as he's survived hits up to 200%, in that same match I got a +7 score with 0 deaths. I could feel the rage/salt levels in those noob Kirbys as they kept spamming Stone. My D3 kept winning match after match, then left after an SD win with Waddle Dee.

I went in another room where I got my *** kicked by this green DK. I honestly would have had a much more enjoyable set of matches if it weren't for the other players/the fact I wasn't playing as well since was in that room for hours. But I lost fair the first few fights, then everything changed when items attacked. Once items arrived I left the room, and everyone else did before.

I just got out if a room where I was joining with a fellow Falcon in showing my moves. Nothing special happened until we got to Lylat. We were fighting this Marth when the other Falcon did D-throw, and I immediately followed up with a Knee, then he spiked him. After returning on stage, we both taunted with "Show me your moves" at the same time. Next match on Temple, the Marth had mistakenly done his Up-B too soon and was falling to his death on the left end. I was down on the lower end and decided he should go out in a manly way. I then dropped down from the lower end, gave him a knee, and sacrificed myself which put us all in SD. Marth got Hyeszd and the other Falcon left shortly after.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
i think i might of been that other falcon who spiked him.....do you have a replay of that said match?

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
i think i might of been that other falcon who spiked him.....do you have a replay of that said match?
Oh man. I sure don't miss that. Yeah 2 players that were decent, had items turned on, and if you got them close to KOing percentages they'd try to give each other the points. Then the 4th players that was horrible. Those rooms you're definitely better off D/Cing it.

Hehe, I sure as heck don't miss Temple here. ^_^

Although I do wish I could've ran into you guys again. Perhaps when I go back to the U.S. on vacation.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I saved the replay but have no way of getting it up at the moment.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
found a white pit player earlier who had some crazy smash DI O_o

i was first captain falcon the first match and beat him, and thne all other matches i went green pit and beat him except for one sudden death match, although it wasn't easy i still was able to beat him all matches IIRC, he was pulling off some things you definitely didn't see the avergae pit noob in basic brawl do.

other than that though the rest of the night was crap =.= i ran into a group of trolls, and got humilated by a ****ty pikachu on temple with my snake, all because his buddies kept helping him as well as him staying on that little platform near the bottom of the stage, as well as me making several derpy mistakes that all ended up with me getting suicides on myself -_- FML..

kaazers

Smash Master
I actually had some great fights.

GG's to a pretty good P2 Black Marth/ Black Falco/ Captain Falcon/ White Link/ ROB/ Wolf/ Green Snake/ MK.

You might remember me as the Neutral Snake who ftilt-jabbed the Zelda seemingly out of the blue, haha. I was gonna stay friendly but my sister insisted I ftilt her. So I did. You, the Pink ZSS and the Zelda all sprang on me, lol.

After getting ganged on for a round or two the girls left and it was just me and P2. We had some one-on-ones without giving back points. When you went Captain Falcon I switched to Neutral Ike the next round to even it out -- of course you had gone Black Marth by then. I didn't switch from Ike after that.

The lag on that round when you were Snake cost you a stock. It was painful to watch you recover up into the middle of the bottom of FD. I did lose on our last round against your MK… on Temple. Nothing more annoying than a 120%+ opponent who just won't die and even the score 'cause of the bottom portion of Temple, hah.

The round you went Falco, P3 Bowser intervened. I stayed another round or so and played with the Pink DDD in the room, but left the round after that. Again, GG's. You were good.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my internet has now sort of been fixed so you guys might run into me on Basic Brawl from time to time.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
^shoot when i saw you were checking this thread at around the same time i did kaazers i was kinda hoping it might of been ur pit i ran into earlier and you were about to mention the matches :p

Top Bottom