• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

kaazers

Smash Master
Oh man. Pit? What is Pit? I really have no idea how to play that kid, lol. That'd have been awesome though.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
ah well still either way i was hoping it was you i ran into czu i noticed u got on to reply to the thread at the same time as me, wishful thinking i suppose :p

it surely has to be someone from here though, even if they don't ever check the basic brawl friend finder topic, it had to be someone from aib or SWF, the guys DI was nuts, and he definitely didn't play like your average noob pit player, he did everything from wing refreshing, to a couple of mindflucks on me with pivot grabs.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Met a great hacker online just now. He/She started off as snake and then went Nana lol. Eventually the hacker went after a trolling Wario/Wolf/Random. This hacker knew absolutely everything, from platform cancelling to reading where the troll would roll dodge. It was just so fun watching this person. Then the hacker went Warioman and i was signaling him/her with my Red Yoshi to Self Destruct at the end of the match (Warioman doesn't have a victory pose which leads to a frozen wii) but I guess he/she really wanted the troll out of BB so he/she taunted at the last second to which i quickly left the match. I was playing as a Red Marth most of the time. What more can I say? It was a blast.

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to the pathetic b**ch of a Zamus/Sheilda player that just DC'd the room. Congrats on being able to beat up noobs. Rock on, girl. :)

:phone:

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
well i supposed that was to be expected -.- trolled the **** out of a crappy wolf player one match, next match a red mk who knew wtf he was doing joined and beat me

then the *** D/c the whole room becasue he almots got beat by a pit.

if i had juts used my up special one second earlier i could of wing pushed him away from teh ledge and killed him cuz he was stupid enough to use his shuttle loop in a moment where i easily dodged it..... and could of ledgehogged the ********** but i cuoldn't get WoI out fast enough. -_-

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
At the risk of sounding like a n00b I just learned something new, which is awesome after I've been playing brawl for so many years.

While I was using Kirby in TB in the Temple stage, someone just happened to pick up an assist trophy which yielded Lakitu... I had just been catapulted up toward him and decided instead of evading, I'd hammer Lakitu, and whaddyaknow it actually hit him and killed him, lol! He just vanished with a weird sound and the one Spiny that made it stuck around for the normal duration.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I hate Zeldas in basic brawl! They always think they are good and try to control everyone, but when they try to hit me I easily counter it, get them offstage and hit them while their trying to up b. Taunt party zelda's are even worse.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I hate Zeldas in basic brawl! They always think they are good and try to control everyone, but when they try to hit me I easily counter it, get them offstage and hit them while their trying to up b. Taunt party zelda's are even worse.
That's because Zelda can control battles if the other players are not super good.

Which is why I play as Black Shielda. I usually start as Shiek because, Dang! When someone is attacking, Shiek is just so good at jumping...and...dodging. :smirk:
And since I can play sub par with Zelda (as she is my 2nd main) then I fight the serious players with her, because I feel more comfortable fighting as Zelda.
And if it goes to sudden death, Zelda becomes downright cheap! Because: The lower the level of play the better Zelda gets + SD + Fiyaballs = Cheap.

Also, to identify me, I play mainly as Black Shiek who switches to Zelda at the end of most battles. I also play as Yellow(Daisy) Peach, and Black ZSS sometimes. But if we're in the same Wi-fi room I always start as Black Shielda.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Honestly it makes beating them that much more rewarding. Even the good ones I've encountered I had no trouble with because Zelda's attacks are just too laggy and her recovery is easy to edge hog or punish. It only becomes difficult to deal with them if she has assistance from the other players.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Honestly it makes beating them that much more rewarding. Even the good ones I've encountered I had no trouble with because Zelda's attacks are just too laggy and her recovery is easy to edge hog or punish. It only becomes difficult to deal with them if she has assistance from the other players.
Except for the start-up frames on her smash attacks... =S Her down smash is one frame faster than Meta Knight's, even.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
to the jigglypuff/black zelda/red peach i just faced

ggs

and don't take it personally that i decided to kill the AFK pit and ended up getting a free kill on you and him both as you tried to desperately take the kill back

I just did it because i was annoyed as **** against the ZSS who kept getting in the way and couldn't take a hint, so i wanted to win the last match than leave :troll: I'm fully confident in saying ur zelda jiggs and peach are all waaaay better than my sonic and link, and probably evenish with my main(cuz i slightly know those matchups with my main better, plus he's a better character than sonic link and c.falcon...not a amazing character, but better) and know if basic brawl had a 1v1 function i definitely would of loved to face you then without a ****** zss getting in the way every 5 secnods.

FIREL

Smash Ace
GGs to a very good multi-character that i fought for the last few hours in TB until we got DC'd. I was the Luigi, Toon Link, Pikachu, Falcon and Kirby.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
There is this one Green Ike/GnW I ALWAYS find online.... This guy is so aggressive! For some reason he always comes after me, but it's so fun fighting him. He loves to troll and plays so GAY. I wonder if this guy comes here...?

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
There is this one Green Ike/GnW I ALWAYS find online.... This guy is so aggressive! For some reason he always comes after me, but it's so fun fighting him. He loves to troll and plays so GAY. I wonder if this guy comes here...?
Does the player recognize you? I have a rapport with this red Ike, an admittedly decent fighter, and I can tell when it's him because he'll always go to the farthest corner of any stage we pick (usually Temple) and just hang out there with his back turned to the other players, like he's all hard or something. Should a person lay even an accidental blow on him, though, he'll ruthlessly stop at nothing to get at least one KO on you, and it's that whole unforgiving superiority attitude I just can't stand to see on BB. In any case, I'll either go Falcon on his *** or beat him at his own game with Ike until he's had enough and disconnects, since he's a pretty sore loser from what I can tell.

The only problem I have with the guy is that he's got a longstanding butt buddy who plays all the female characters (usually ZSS), and whenever they find each other, they team up and display the utmost pathetically disgusting show of bull**** I've ever seen online. It's extremely rage-inducing, and by now, when this happens I disconnect them right away because they're very coordinated in their tactics, and it's nearly impossible to beat them together even though I could so easily wreck them one-on-one. Funny how that works, eh?

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I don't think he recognizes me. The reason I think he comes after me is because I would do a bunch of advanced techniques and he probably notices i have some understanding of how to play, so he immediately starts jabbing at me. It's not only him who would do this but a lot of people online tries to go for a 1v1 with me. It's just that every time I see him in particular he would start attacking me.

Concerning players who act like they are tough ****, I would troll that player HARD. Most of the time they just suck, but I've fought some who completely humiliated me. I seem to notice that Ike's, Falco's and Zelda's usually tend to act like this. If they have ****ty friends that help them fight, either kick their ***** if you could handle them or just leave. Though it is fun to watch their attitude change from being a badass to a enraged bull once you get a KO off of them, at that point it is easy to read them and humiliate them. XD

I AM ONE

Smash Cadet
I don't think he recognizes me. The reason I think he comes after me is because I would do a bunch of advanced techniques and he probably notices i have some understanding of how to play, so he immediately starts jabbing at me. It's not only him who would do this but a lot of people online tries to go for a 1v1 with me. It's just that every time I see him in particular he would start attacking me.

Concerning players who act like they are tough ****, I would troll that player HARD. Most of the time they just suck, but I've fought some who completely humiliated me. I seem to notice that Ike's, Falco's and Zelda's usually tend to act like this. If they have ****ty friends that help them fight, either kick their ***** if you could handle them or just leave. Though it is fun to watch their attitude change from being a badass to a enraged bull once you get a KO off of them, at that point it is easy to read them and humiliate them. XD

Finally someone has spoken... I have been viewing brawl finder everyday. Waiting for someone to spot him and his friend girl partner.
He's my rival and I'm the Tan Ike. The one that destroys him. He never comes after me cause he knows what will happen. @sunnysunny... Welcome to the real world of Yoshi's. My name is Cray and have also woundered who in the world is that unspeakable yoshi main... Well this might shock you... Or not... It's GYK
I went to his profile on YT. Told him are you that Yellow Yoshi? He laughed and said. “Always am and better than any”

He's aggro guys but he's mad beast ****. He ***** my mk... Anyway I'm a blue Ganon, and that Tan Ike. The Gold Zelda is my friend, and I know her. The Red ike hates me cause I'm more **** than him. I remember one day he spotted that Yellow Yoshi. He just stayed on the edge. The Gold ike aka Red ike and the Gold zelda stopped. They couched and went after the Yellow Yoshi... My word... The yellow Yoshi ***** them both... It was to good... They then got so mad they went both mk. He then went brown snake and beat them both... He then left and I tried to be nice to him but he never responds with anyone.

Their are three ike's

One is me
Two is my rival
Three is GYK

We are all the same. You will run into me a lot and my Blue Ganon.

I'm the friendly Tan ikeC:
GYK is the Gold as well.
Rival is Gold as well.

Sorry I never responded... The reason why is... I don't really go on SWF or any really but I found basic finder a while back because I always played bb, and I was curious to know and yeahC: I hope I will be welcomed... So if you see me I will be friendly and fight youC: but watch out some times that rival goes Tan ike. So please don't think it's me. I AM ONE. AND ALWAYS ONE.

Edit. I'm also a White Pit, and I focus more on B reversal arrows, and combat. Rather than learning arrow rain, and loops. Well I learned a few arrow tricksC: thank's to this fellow Green PitC: he was okay but he had more arrow skill, and I wasn't camping which I should've went in more wisely, but I like to show more combat skill.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
@I AM ONE: huh? I think you got the wrong person i was talking about a Green Ike/Gnw that doesn't team up with anyone.

But anyways, welcome.

I AM ONE

Smash Cadet
@I AM ONE: huh? I think you got the wrong person i was talking about a Green Ike/Gnw that doesn't team up with anyone.

But anyways, welcome.
Thank youC: haha sorry man but you got trolled already... That Green ike is the Red and Gold as well.

He goes by this. Gold means- ready to fight

Red means- No mercy

Normal means - troll then **** you

Tan means- flashyness

Basically he uses colors to show you how he feels. He trolls a lot... He is a green gnw as well, and a Red, and sometimes Black. How do I know? I always pay attention on how he switches his characters. He even leaves the group then he switches characters to trick you. Which it never works cause the wifi finds him at his select character part, and I laugh.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I use Red Gnw whenever he goes green Gnw. His Ike is easy to read but his Gnw is a pain. His play style is aggressive and he spams D-airs too much. Funny that it hits me though.

I AM ONE

Smash Cadet
Na not really. All you have to do is step dodge and learn how many frames you're character uses so you can understand when to dodge it. Not just dodge every second... It doesn't work. Evenually you mess up and you sheild...

Side step dodge and ( learning you're frames for you're character) then jab and grab or whatever. I prefer jab to grab, because he will no doubt up B. ( If he knows how to use him haha)

Edit. I just found my rival right now... He didn't seem happy cause usally I jab him to see if he will dare attack back. He did... He got butt hurt and started swinging that sword like a phyco. It was sad... Everyone didn't wanna taunt him... He then went mk. Did a lot of shuttle loops... Did a. Nice zero to death with Ike right now.

He shuttle looped then I power sheild it. Did jab jab couch jab second jab then couch jab jab grab release. Fox troted cause I know he will shuttle loop. Then I power sheild his attack again. This time one jab then charged my fsmash. He did a dodge, ( knew it already) then bam dead. He then went back to ike and well got combo'd everywhere. I'll tell you one cause I did to much zero to death combo's. He fastfall fair. I power sheild. I then fastfall nair to reverse bair, but facing the same direction. Then jab jab couch jab jab grab till he broke. This time I knew he would side dodge. So I did the same result attack. Fsmash then death he then raged. And left, now he's Zelda couching... It's really sad. I'm sure I will have my Gold zelda team with him again. I wouldn't wanna take his only friend... Now would I?

Edit. Why can't any of you see my picture:C it's a gold white light, and you should see it. Right? It shows on my profile but not on here or any place but my profile:C Someone help?

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
It is like impossible to spot dodge Gnw's D-air. The hit box lasts too long and roll dodging is very unreliable.
I think perfect shielding works best.

I AM ONE

Smash Cadet
What the heck :c why can't I see my picture:c You can see it on my profile... But not on theards:c

Also you can also attack also. What I do is use snake and just keep U air him, and it's gnw he's weak, and I have good di. So yeah use snake and you'll win every timeC:

Edit. Fixed it C: now time to do damage with IkeC: note that I main Ganon, but use Ike because of that Gold ike... Which I don't know if it's Rival or GYK... Bye for nowC: I'll be on bb tonight, and from all the information I told you. You will spot me easily. I'll be back on brawl finder later. Bye bb friendsC: I AM ONE. AND ONLY ONE.

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
GG's to that Peach in Team Battle. I was the other Peach, lol. Thanks for the ditto match-up practice. Your d-smash punishes were good. I suck with Parasol. :awesome: There was also a ROB in the room who was pretty good, and a whole slew of Zeldas that came in and out. Some surprisingly great and fun matches, especially since I rarely ever venture into Team Battle. And SSD's are pretty intense, hehe.

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
holy cow i had no idea that red ike guy was so notorious

He's such a spineless coward. @I AM ONE, maybe we've shared the same matches with him in the past, since I'm positive I've seen your blue Ganondorf before (and also your tan Ike by association, I'm sure). Do you remember seeing a pink (or default) Captain Falcon or a fellow yellow Ike tearing it up with that red Ike? I down taunt with Falcon a lot, at the start of every match and after landing Punches or Knees of Justice, as well as after most kills. I pseudo-chain grab with his forward throw and spam aerial attacks when I'm stalling.

Regardless, I'm much more anxious to check back with this thread now that you're here.

I AM ONE

Smash Cadet
holy cow i had no idea that red ike guy was so notorious

He's such a spineless coward. @I AM ONE, maybe we've shared the same matches with him in the past, since I'm positive I've seen your blue Ganondorf before (and also your tan Ike by association, I'm sure). Do you remember seeing a pink (or default) Captain Falcon or a fellow yellow Ike tearing it up with that red Ike? I down taunt with Falcon a lot, at the start of every match and after landing Punches or Knees of Justice, as well as after most kills. I pseudo-chain grab with his forward throw and spam aerial attacks when I'm stalling.

Regardless, I'm much more anxious to check back with this thread now that you're here.
Gald I could help youC: Yeah the Yellow flashy Ike is GYK. I have seen a Pink falconC: and a normal... I'm also a Green captain falcon, and I tend to mess around, but when I'm serious... It's go timeC:
The Gold Zelda is one of my friends and she pretends to join his side but mostly she hangs with me and when It's time for her to join her buddy( Not GYK other guy aka Rival) they start doing those flashy pivot walks and all that. If you see a P1 Tan Ike. That is not doubt meC: people try to troll me because of how **** I am, and I know how to handle 3vs1 matches.

I'd love to run into you some timeC: I think I have really. Well nice talking to you MetalBroC: I'm on bb right now. Who knows we might find each otherC:
I AM ONE. AND ONLY ONE.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
^Periwinkle*

GGs to a Dark MK/Default Mario a couple hours ago. There was an AFK Pika and an obnoxious Kirby/Diddy interfering with our 1v1's

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
had a few ups and downs tonight, mostly faced noobs

slaughtered an ike noob and killed him 4-0 and the last kill i fthrowed, to fthrowed, to fthrowed, to forward aired him 4x to gimp him offstage.

had some matches against a noob zss/zelda player and her buddies, slaughtered all of em while going random, till the last match where a new person replaced one of the other noobs, and gave the ZSS some kills to end up letting her win that final match against my MK, which right after she D/C'd the group like a pansy. Make no mistake ZSS, the fact that you got beat by me going the random button, including one time me getting zelda who i suck as, several times, shows how crappy you were, regardless of the fact that thanks to some free kills by a buddy you won the final match against my MK, it was still me like.....5 or 6 matches, to your 1 match :troll: so honestly you stll got your *** whipped :troll:

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
personally i find beating up the ikes more so.

So many noobs still think ike is op'd, so its hilarious when you avoid all their Fsmashes' and Usmashes and aethers and quick draws, then proceed to beat the tar out of em. Many are so dumbfounded by it because they can't understand why their "op'd smashes" aren't hitting.

I AM ONE

Smash Cadet
personally i find beating up the ikes more so.

So many noobs still think ike is op'd, so its hilarious when you avoid all their Fsmashes' and Usmashes and aethers and quick draws, then proceed to beat the tar out of em. Many are so dumbfounded by it because they can't understand why their "op'd smashes" aren't hitting.
Well actually... They troll you a lot:C anytime you see a p3 Gold ike... It is rival and he will troll then leave then switch to a different character and act different. He's been doing that since 2009.

Also GG RivalC: also stop trying to hide yourself. I know you and you're little tricksC: still though. GG to GYK love that Yellow YoshiC:

Also people don't like you because you're always arragant, and you put that on yourself, but you're **** GYC:

And GG to a blue mk... Sorry I didn't try... You just weren't a challenge. All you did was spot dodge and dsmash which seriously should never work... Work on using nados and air attacks such as fair fair nair or whatever, but spot dodge to dsmash... Seriously... Well GG anyway.

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
Ah, had fun watching P3 Kirby/Olimar and P4 Wolf go at it on Final Destination. I was the C. Falcon/Samus/Ike/Ganondorf in the room, spectating from a safe distance alongside a friendly P2 Falco, who was replaced by a passive Link sometime later. Eventually, P3 left too and a ZSS took their place; P4 began attacking the new ZSS, but Link intervened and it became a two-vs.-one, with the Link and ZSS players teaming against Wolf. All the while, I was practicing my Flight of Ganon and avoided getting tangled up in the mix, since it was the only room I could find at this time of night and I didn't want to risk ending my BB session on a bad note.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
The only times I have been getting hit by Ike's smash attacks are from tripping, shield pokes when other opponents hit my shield. Or I get hit by another player and get knocked into range of Ike's smash attacks causing me to be KOed from it. Input delays have caused me to be hit since I press to shield or ground dodge and my character doesn't do so.

I AM ONE

Smash Cadet
The only times I have been getting hit by Ike's smash attacks are from tripping, shield pokes when other opponents hit my shield. Or I get hit by another player and get knocked into range of Ike's smash attacks causing me to be KOed from it. Input delays have caused me to be hit since I press to shield or ground dodge and my character doesn't do so.
Really? How do the japanese play ike? I sure play him different than any ikes you see.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Really? How do the japanese play ike? I sure play him different than any ikes you see.
My post was solely during my NTSC experiences since I played on there a great while before I moved to Japan. Over here I have yet seen a bad Ike. I encounter more skilled players than average and below here. Which is great because I can get MU experience on the character they use even if I fight them in limited space and also dealing with the other opponents. FD is picked 85% of the time. Seldom I will see Battlefield and Smashville. I've seen the annoying Temple stage 5 times total out of my whole time in Japan and I have been playing a bit.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
WONNNNN those vids you sent me to my wii, that pikachu was me!

GGs and i have one of those matches online, the one i quoted you a few days ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnK-XKVIvK4&feature=youtu.be

Nice try trying to counter pick Brinstar on me, but if i'm not trying to grab you then i can move around pretty easily :p pikachu does have good moblity just not livability in Brinstar

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
Got my hopes up just now when I joined a room with a P4 tan Ike, but I doubt it was you, I AM ONE, since the player switched to red Ganondorf shortly after, and then finally alternated between a blue and pink Zelda. Incidently, though, after I hopped on yellow Ike (before which, of course, I was Captain Fabulous), the then-Zelda player suddenly began daunting me with attacks; we fought for a bit, and we did give back points, but said player disconnected a few matches later.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I finally played someone in basic brawl who was able to beat me. I was very happy because this doesnt happen a lot, but it did happen a few times. This player used luigi, mario, and olimar. GG's whoever this player was. I think he was best with luigi. Im sorry i stopped fighting you after a few matches only, I was using my nunchuk and wii remote to play instead of the gcc because i didnt know i was going to play seriously and the controls on that controller were annoying me because it had no fsmash or fair buttons.

Top Bottom