• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Dear Mr. Saturn Ness and Bowser/Kirby:

Do you remember blue Pit/purple Toon Link/Lucas?? ;-; We had such a nice friendship going today. If you go to these boards, I would love to know. (Yeah, that arrow looping/arrow rain on New Pork? If that sounds familiar, it's probably me. Sry for unconsciously attacking you sometimes Bowser. ;A; )

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
trolled this room in TB this zelda/snake were a solid team and i stopped fighting all together since my partner was terrible

made 3 people rage quit hard and the room dc'ed LOL

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Yet another reason I hate team battle. I get 2 good opponents but I get a s--- bag partner that SDs, gimped, or just spams the same move over and over and just gets owned by the pair. Or worst with my luck I always get a partner that is AFC...

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
thats why i stopped fighting them, they actually ignored me and ***** my idiot partner

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I never play TB because I always get the most ******** ********s on my team and on the other team.

link2702

Smash Champion
i keep running into a white peach alot lately, seems like she knows somewhat what she is doing. but she usually just sits at the end of the stage and watches.

yesterday was no different, i was in a bb with her, a mario that was AFK, and a noob/casual kirby player.

can't remember who i picked the first match, but the second match i went ice climbers, first kill i got one the kirby was a spike from nana after cg to the ledge, after that right at the end of the match the lag(most of it anyway) went away, and i was able to get a flawless chaingrab on the kirby, forward throw to nana, to forward throw, to back throw, to down throw, to back throw ec., right until the end of the match.

the Kirby was in shock and when i let go of em right on the last 2 seconds he didn't even move(something tells me he threw his controller across the room :troll: ) he didnt d/c for awhile, but the white peach did eventually.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Usually that is what I do especially when I enter a group and don't know what has been going on. The best way to know it is me is if I free pull turnips off the stage or bone walk turnips.

Finny

Smash Apprentice
Last night in team battle:
1. A ness/mario
2. A Lucario/Sonic
3. A Captain Falcon/Falco
For 1. I was snake/diddy. And I ran into him twice.
2, 3, and I were all in the same room and I was Ness/fox, but mostly Ness. Whenever 2 was sonic on blue team the texture I had for him desynced. Sorry guys. for 2 and 3 there was a round on corneria where the other fox in the room just stopped fighting, so 2 (who was on my team) and I stopped too while 3 fsmashed towards his partner.
All 3 have obviously been to these boards before.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Usually that is what I do especially when I enter a group and don't know what has been going on. The best way to know it is me is if I free pull turnips off the stage or bone walk turnips.
I can never do that with Peach. Just Glide Tossing,Z-dropping,Ledge-Cancelled Turnips,and that pseud wavedas thing with her Float. D= *is abit jealous*

Course,it maybe because I just secondary her.That,and the fact I've been using Game & Watch lately. =P

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I can never do that with Peach. Just Glide Tossing,Z-dropping,Ledge-Cancelled Turnips,and that pseud wavedas thing with her Float. D= *is abit jealous*

Course,it maybe because I just secondary her.That,and the fact I've been using Game & Watch lately. =P
I play her more consistently than I do with Kirby and Mr. Game & Watch since they're both my alternates. It's easier for me offline since I don't have to worry about the lag screwing up my input. For those free Turnip pulls it's more or less about the timing. It's quite strict but once you get it down it is all about perfecting it.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
I play her more consistently than I do with Kirby and Mr. Game & Watch since they're both my alternates. It's easier for me offline since I don't have to worry about the lag screwing up my input. For those free Turnip pulls it's more or less about the timing. It's quite strict but once you get it down it is all about perfecting it.
Scratch that.I can,but only with B-Sticking.Something that,frankly,I'm not a fan of.
I can Bonewalk every now and then.Just not consistently. =P

Sephy95

Smash Lord
To that white ROB/white Snake/something Falco, WOW! You were just awesome. I haven't fought any1 like you in BB for a long time. I was the green Snake/orange Luigi. Your Snake seemed a bit better than mine btw. B) Sorry I had to leave. Food got here. lol Hope to see ya soon again. :)

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
To that white ROB/white Snake/something Falco, WOW! You were just awesome. I haven't fought any1 like you in BB for a long time. I was the green Snake/orange Luigi. Your Snake seemed a bit better than mine btw. B) Sorry I had to leave. Food got here. lol Hope to see ya soon again. :)
It sounds like you are referring to somebody I got to fight with my Ganondorf. If they are the same person, then they also main purple Luigi. Did this white ROB know how to air dodge, and use ROB as a ninja? Was he hard to read? It would be amusing if we ran into the same person. I think I've fought him before, and a very angry person who kept using high tier characters. His Snake got spiked by my Ganondorf, but his ROB is a different story. He knew how to use Up Tilt efficiently. His jab was precise.

Fun times.

link2702

Smash Champion
bored so i might get on lolbasic brawl.

i think i'll do a bit different this time, and start from the bottom up, going ganon link(maybe zelda, but i never use her so IDK) samus ect.,

so look for someone who starts off as grandpadorf and then gold link.

windblade

Smash Rookie
i fought a link in white in bb today and he was pretty good, sorry i got D/Ced But if ur out there, we should fight again sometime. And if anyone sees a darklink just standing around doing ABSOULUTLY nothing and just staring out into space, thats me.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Welp,I just had a "fun" set =P

K,I was G&W,right? When I came into the room,these Mario and Luigi players were ganging up on a poor Bowser.The Bowser switched to Peach and became friends with them.I,minding my own business,decided to kick back and hold Jab.Mario didn't like this and wanted to fight me.He gets his *** kicked,then his brother tries to help.Ditto.Even Peach wanted in on the action.Due to my lead,I camped the rest of that match and won.

Peach left,as a new Player 3 came in.This one minded his own business while Players 2 and 4,clearly pissed off after I owned them,went after me.Basic G&W stuff was kicking their *****.They even tried relying on items,only to have them(literally) blow up in their faces.Eventually,the score was 12/13-2.In my favor.

And then I disconnected the room like a troll,X3

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I've done so many BB matches tht i dont know where to start... Well I almost always use Captain Falcon at some point in BB, i use the blue color for him. If the match looks serious i'll switch to either Wolf or PT who are my mains. (I'm a Green Wolf and a White Pokemon Trainer) Lately i've gotten into using a Green Kirby just since i like using colors outside of their defaults. That and i love taking their powers/kirbyciding >w> I'll also resort to using Ganon for lols/other Hyrule characters.

The one set of matches i remember was one where I was blue Captain Falcon with another Falcon on Smashville. There was a yellow yoshi who was pretty good and intellegent. Lastely there was a fox who got horrible beeten by the yoshi in the previous game. While me and the other Falcon just taunted at each other, the yoshi player once again, was destroying Fox. Once the fox realised he couldn't beat Yoshi, he attacked the taunting Falcon's, which is something you shouldn't do to me when i'm having a taunt party with another Falcon. Fox spammed Fsmashed us off, but we didn't go far so we quickly got back on. When we did, i gave him a good Knee and killed him. Fox still didn't give up and tried attacking us again with FSmash. However, everyone else in the room then teamed up on him and in 5 seconds after attacking the Falcon's, Fox was combo'd to death. (Fox was on the ledge, The other Falcon did his Up B grab, Yoshi then Dtilt'd him off the stage, and I performed a Mid-air OverB spike to him) After that i taunted with "Show Me Your Moves" with the remainder of the 10 seconds left in that Brawl. The funny part was is that neither I or the really good Yoshi player won, it was the other Falcon who got a kill off Fox. (I died and accidently Falcon Punched the Yoshi so our scores were +1, Falcon's was +2)

The Yoshi then just kept pummeling that Fox until he left, then we had some good Pokemon Trainer fights. I wish i could fight that yellow Yoshi/red Pokemon Trainer.

windblade

Smash Rookie
i had the most epic battle the other day with another link (not the one in the last post). The match ended with both of us at 0 damage (I K.O.ed him at S.D.) the whole time we would catch eachothers bombs, dodge arrows, and every time we tried to hit eachother with our sword, they would just clash and we would fly back a little. To me that was just amazing.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Last night I had another wonderful set of matches in this one lobby. It started off with Me as Captain Falcon (Blue), there was a Sonic, another Falcon (regular color) and an olimar. It started on Pirate Ship and the only reason I won was because I did my Ftilt on Sonic and Captain Falcon when they were grabbing each other on the little ship that comes along to the right. (I got a kill off both of them) couple matches after that, the Sonic was now kicking my butt even though it was rather unfair. They were fighting me alot of the time and using cheap items/picking god-awful stages. Finally I went Pokemon Trainer on them.

The stage was Battlefield and i felt good in the beginning of the match. I was beating the Sonic player (who is actually really good for Wi-fi) though he started to pray off an AFC player. What really made the match awesome is that in the last 10 seconds, Sonic and I were tied in points and at the VERY last second, I used Ivysaur's UpSmash to kill Toon Link (previosly the Olimar.) I got the kill where he hits the camera, so if i would have gotten a star ko, i probabbly would have gone into S.D. against Sonic and lost. After that the Sonic and Toon Link both quit.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
(
Me,
, and the crasher
)

She challenged a
that joined later and got to a SD in which she won since he just stood there. The next round she challenged him again and got 2 stocked.

I ran into the
2 times. I left the first time since then nobody was fighting. After a while then about 20 minutes later a new got a completely new group and ran into that same Peach again. Your Peach is good but you got really need to not be so predictable with your approaches. That was why I had the advantage on you when you challenged me because I picked up quickly on your habits, especially your poorly timed Peach Bombers. Try to mix things up next time.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Attention Everyone

I really hope somebody here was in the room with my Ganondorf. There was:

DiddyKong/FireLuigi/Marty/?/

A FireMario/Red Snake/

Noob/Noob/MoreNoobs/

It mostly took place on FD. I was a Black & White/Gold Ganondorf who was having fun kicking ***. If you know this room..Please tell me you got that replay of me on sudden death with DiddyKong. I used my dash attack and caught the bomb while killing him. I had no more replay space left so I couldn't get it, and I was was like.. :mad:

GG Guys. It's been awhile since I fought someone at your skill level. :bee:

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Okay, I have not been here for awhile due to RL issues and stuffs. But it's GREAT to see that this thread is alive xD I've been skimming through most of the pages here and yeah. If anyone has any videos of their recent BB/TB battles I'll be glad to post them up in the OP. Just PM me. :) (The OP needs clean up anyway.)

link2702

Smash Champion
Damn....one of those rare moments when TWO of the players seriously new what they were doing...

One was a yellow falco, was a scary ******* when he got you offstage.

the other was a marth who just knew how to space alot of his moves fairly well....used Fair alot.

I was the green and white fox.

I new in a way i was kinda handicapping myself going against a falco as fox...buuuut i liked the challenge....

:p also fox's upsmash is a great kill stealer :troll: and he can build up so much damage on the players with his laser while they're busy going at it against each other.

I'd really love to face that falco in a 1v1 with my main...its really rare that i get to face someone that good often.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
(
me,
, and
)

was the crasher attacking everyone. Easy to spot since he dashes to Usmash a lot. Very easy to take out if anyone else encounters him.
The last Marth I fought just threw out Dolphin Slashes all day. Even approached by walking Dolphin Slash =P

ammie

Smash Cadet
i don't get it... what am i suppose to do in this thread? how to add friends through this finder?

Takumi

Smash Cadet
i don't get it... what am i suppose to do in this thread? how to add friends through this finder?
You play a game on Wi-Fi on 'Basic Brawl' or 'Teamed Brawl' on 'Play with Anyone'.
You describe a match or so to see if anyone recognizes the match that you find interesting in hopes that one of the players or the player you find of interest just happens to find this thread and perhaps exchange codes with you or talks to you.

In other words, it's basically like a diary to describe particular matches you like and the people in them on WiFi to see if they see this thread by coincidence and say something like, "Oh! I was that <insert color here> <insert character here> at <insert stage here>. Cool!"

Dyclone

Smash Ace
ggs to the fox/pit/diddy/(i forget) player. i was that luigi player that played you when that zelda/link/(i forget) didn't. it's so hard to play when i have part of my focus on the other side of the screen. this is my first time in a long time getting to play a decent/above average player. too bad we didn't play more

Top Bottom