• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
ggs to the fox/pit/diddy/(i forget) player. i was that luigi player that played you when that zelda/link/(i forget) didn't. it's so hard to play when i have part of my focus on the other side of the screen. this is my first time in a long time getting to play a decent/above average player. too bad we didn't play more
I see decent wifi players all the time. But i need someone that won't run and TP signal after pwning them for about half of a match.

kaazers

Smash Master
P1 Red Ike, P2 Red Falco, P3 Pink Kirby and P4 Black Marth.

I was in this group until just now. Sadly the Black Marth left a few rounds earlier, and the Kirby was always AFK. The Red Falco however was really good. He looked like one of the best Falco's I've seen on BB in any case. I didn't intend to stay in the group for as long as I did, but the Black Marth was SO grouchy and got his panties into a knot each time the Falco hopped on his head, and somehow….I found myself unable to leave. He always tried to hit the Falco whenever he did that, but the Falco could see into the future. It was lulzy. Rounds and rounds passed and I don't think he landed more than 3 or 4 hits.

Also, P4 picked on me for some reason. Anyways, I just ignored him round after round. When we finally fought (once lol) we were about even -- I think he might have been a bit better than me though. Ended with no KOs. Me with an extra 20%.

P2 - I wish I could have watched you fight a real person instead of two CPUs near the end. I was expecting a fight between you and P4 actually, but surprisingly he seemed to not want it all too much.

P3 - You popped in…once or twice the whole hour we were together. WTF were you doing?

P4 - LULZ You and your one-sided beef with me.

This is a shout out to that psychic Falco and his shiny lasers.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
(
Me,
, and
)

I entered this group not too long ago.
attacks me while Snake and the other Peach retreat so I'm thinking it would be a 1 on 1. Everything was going well until
starts throwing out Peach Bomber and Turnips. I ended up KOing Ike while the other Peach was KOed because of Ike trying to recover. I won that round but honestly. Who ever that
was, I don't know if you were trying to help or what but I didn't need it and it didn't help with you throwing out random Peach Bomber. I left the room after that since I wasn't going to expect another 1 on 1 without interference...

I did save the replay.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Generally speaking, when I'm winning a 1v1 by a huge margin, and someone decides to jump in to "help," I ultimately end up losing the whole match because I'm too scared of the risks of hitting other partyists, and then I get hit by the crasher's strongest moves(See: Ike Fsmash)...

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
^^^
Forget the teamates that's why I'm neutral all around, if they attack me their my enemy if you don't they stay neutral until I think they're ok but if they're neutral you get in my way I can't say what will happen.

:phone:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Generally speaking, when I'm winning a 1v1 by a huge margin, and someone decides to jump in to "help," I ultimately end up losing the whole match because I'm too scared of the risks of hitting other partyists, and then I get hit by the crasher's strongest moves(See: Ike Fsmash)...
That was what I was worried about too, when I was fighting Ike I had a huge lead, I only had 6% damage and got him in the 100% near 120% damage. This wasn't a bad Ike either. Since I know the Ike MU with Peach it was why I was having a great lead. It was after he was KOed that I was taking damage because of that Peach constantly getting in the way. He would've won that round if he KOed me since he got a free stock off that other Peach. I thank who ever that Snake was for not interfering.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
Great times late last night in team battle actually had four very skilled players, no bs levels. at the height of the brawl matches it was mario and toon (me) vs dk and another toon like four battles in a row. We also had some great matches with two toons and marth ike mixes.

Got to say thanks to the other tlink, fun times. Also other people were fun were fun, definitely liked pairing with mario, good team work. If any of any of you see this shoot me a pm and we'll exchange codes

Sorry I had to stay tlink the whole time ive been only playing with tlink. since I started playing again anybody else I would have tried would have been pathetic

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I cannot stand when a teammate tries to "help" when I'm doing a great job on my own. Especially Falco's lazors, and Zelda's dins. Even Fox's lazors are annoying. It screws me up everytime and I often lose to a noob because those projectiles hit me instead of the opponent.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
The Space furries are honestly the worst ones. Falco's and Wolfs that can stun me and makes me open to a power attack if my opponent is close while I'm stunned from the hit. Fox's is just bad to shield and it racks damage quick as heck.

NightDragon

Smash Cadet
I retreat when I see someone 'assisting', regardless if their butt is kicked or not. Although rarely, I'll get a room where the other two taunters are coordinated/organized. Absolutely love them.

With Kirby's inhale.. I can stop friendlies from getting launched if aimed correctly. *-*

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Boy I gots me a story. B) Earlier in the day I met this brown Mario with my green Snake thaat would soon lead to to multiple headaches. When he picked Claus Lucas, it really got annoying. He spammed pk thunder n fire a lot and for some unknown reason, won mostly out of sheer luck. I was obviously the better player and beat the **** out of him before he finally leaves. It wasn't until just now, I think I encountered him again. This time he was a Zelda and then Claus Lucas again. I nearly confirmed it was the same guy when he started using the pk fire and thunder again. I picked green Snake again and he starts attacking me as if hes suspicious. Now I thought I met the scum of all scum players before but this guy was just REAL scum. He made friends with a red Kirby to gang up on this ZSS that was helping me for some reason. They KO her and she leaves then they turn their attention on me. Here comes the good part. He doesn't even manage to win cuz I keep kicking his *** this time around so after a 2nd loss to me, he turns on his red Kirby partner who was now a regular Lucas. He KOs him while I'm dealing with this noob dark Tink who I also KO so we get SD together and I get KO'd by a bob-omb. He leaves after the dark Tink and red Kirby/Lucas leave.

Dude, you were seriously someone who doesn't care how you win as long as you win and I can respect that but turning on a guy that decided to help you? Now thats just sad. You couldn't beat me so you turn your sights on the next best thing. I hope I see you again, cuz when I do, I'll make sure you don't win a single match. Thanks for falling for my c4 btw. That made me feel mlg. :troll:

NightDragon

Smash Cadet
Dude, you were seriously someone who doesn't care how you win as long as you win and I can respect that but turning on a guy that decided to help you? Now thats just sad. You couldn't beat me so you turn your sights on the next best thing. I hope I see you again, cuz when I do, I'll make sure you don't win a single match. Thanks for falling for my c4 btw. That made me feel mlg. :troll:
Now I feel inclined to pick claus lucas and spam PK fire/thunder. Just to see who else this guy has annoyed. :troll:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I had a wonderful set of matches today. The one i loved the most was with me being Blue Falcon/Wolf, An Ike/ZSS, a Link, and a Black Zelda/Kirby/Jigglypuff.

I won for a couple rounds, beating the Ike badly, and the next match started on Temple. Now what made the match really special was that the Smash Ball was on. Falcon(Me) didn't get it, Ike didn't get it, but Link got it. Link used his Final Smash on Ike after he was attacked by Ike and I had a crazy idea: What if i tried to Falcon Punch Ike out of Link's FS?
Well...

It connected.
I didn't win the match, but I still felt great. Ike even stayed in after that, but turned into ZSS and stopped fighting everyone.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
^ Haha that's awesome. I love when I dins fire someone who should have been KO'd by Link and I steal the KO. :awesome:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
That is the one reason why I love using Fox at times. His blaster is perfect for KO stealing. Also perfectly timed Turnips since it won't slow the knock back down and I get credit for the hit.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Final Smash KO stealing FTW

That is the one reason why I love using Fox at times. His blaster is perfect for KO stealing. Also perfectly timed Turnips since it won't slow the knock back down and I get credit for the hit.
Ah yes, stealing final smash KOs is one of my favorite things to do. It's one of the best ways to tick off taunters in Basic Brawl if you are consistent enough with it. Many characters can pull it off with a well-timed jab or a relatively weak aerial. Or it may cause the victim to survive, giving you an easy follow-up. My problem is that I get so carried away with doing this that it is sometimes detrimental to my partner in Team Battle as well. Fortunately my team has been ahead enough when I accidentally cause my opponents to survive my partner's final smash, though it could easily cost the win (not that I consider item matches "winning" anyway.) But when pulled off correctly, it looks sweet. Besides, what looks more epic than Falcon (or Warlock) Punching the opponents at the moment that your Ike or Link partner finishes final smashing them?

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I also like when one player holds your opponent in front of you with a grab and you hit them with a home run bat. haha win.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
That is a tad risky since if your opponent breaks off the grab you hit the player that grabbed the one you were originally trying to hit. As for stealing, I will if I don't like the particular players.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
I kinda think final smash steeling is kosher, cause they aren't really working for it. Stealing regular kills at the last second is just kind of cheap.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
shout outs to the gw i was with this morning. We were trolling that black wolf pretty heard

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I kinda think final smash steeling is kosher, cause they aren't really working for it. Stealing regular kills at the last second is just kind of cheap.
Not quite, yes it is theiving another player of their point there isn't any rules that say you can't steal another player's KO. Not everybody is going to play "fair" so it is a risk you have to prevent as much as possible...

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
so this guy in team battle plays pit/pikachu/samus; he keeps switching to the character that beat him last round.

aka my jiggs/zelda/pikachu lol

im also the guy playing wario/tink too

Zulo

Smash Ace
Haha that was me. I was just having fun, wondering if you would notice I was copying your characters. Guess so!

Good games, nice Zelda. Wasn't much lag for most of it, too bad there were so many items and stages like Spear Pillar.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
rofl i thought it was someone familiar and yea ggs im surprised you didnt play samus more good sammys are fun to fight

i really need to learn how to land zelda bair/fair outside of that i got the footies down for both her and shiek. You'd be surprised how badly i mind **** people with shieks ftilt,utilt and jab

Zulo

Smash Ace
I usually just opt for her nair in most aerial situations, or neutral B. Fair and bair are insane when they sweetspot, but they're so hard to space and they're stupid when they sourspot..

Samus is really fun to play, but isn't very good in teams imo because it's harder for her to space and she doesn't kill very easily.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
doesnt matter in teams really if your opponent can kill, shes got alot of annoying tools. I fought a fun purple one today in BB with tink/random they wouldnt leave me alone

looked up zelda fair/bair

Fair
Hitbox Active: 8-12
FAF: 40
Fresh Damage: 4.2/21 (more damage at toe; sweetspot active on frame 8 only)
Landing Lag: 22 frames
Autocancel: 1-7, 25-39
Advantage on Block: -23/-33 (normal shield drop) / -30/-40 (jump/grab oos) (does not include landing lag)

Bair
Hitbox Active: 5-8
FAF: 36
Fresh Damage: 4.2/21 (more damage at toe; sweetspot active on frame 5 only)
Landing Lag: 22 frames
Autocancel: 1-4, 26-35
Advantage on Block: -22/-32 (normal shield drop) / -29/-39 (jump/grab oos) (does not include landing lag)
LOL

however these a graphic shiney star that appears when those 8/5 frame boxes come out, i just need to make sure to time it right

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Samus is slightly underrated IMHO

Yeah, Samus is another of my favorites in the low tier. Despite her weaknesses of being slow and lack of kill options, she pairs quite well with some players, notably Ikes. Her excellent ledge game is just one of her many useful tools. But her biggest hidden asset comes from players who can taunt-transform at will 99+% of the time. It not only moves her up several tier spots and mixes up the match, but it also allows for the sudden inclusion of armor pieces mid-match. This can quickly turn the tide of a battle, especially in teams. My only problem with her is finding the appropriate time to transform, so I look for it whenever I have a partner who can distract the opponents.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I swear I think I have all the fun. Entered in a group and made ppl ragequit. B) So I start throwing nades at a noob Tink who comes at me to his repeated KOs. The other 2 players leave and get replaced by a Peach n Olimar. This is where the fun starts. So I start destroying the Tink after a ZSS KOd me in SD n didn't stick around to accept punishment. The olimar sticks his nose into my business n attacks me following the peach so now i have to deal with all 3 of em'. The olimar tried using his own Snake which failed miserably after i faired him. B) He never used Snake again. :troll: So the whole thing continuec with them trying to screw me over and i can honestly say i won MOST of the matches. I made olimar my *****, tink was an annoying noob and the peach was a bi polar *****. The Tink left first then I let the olimar KO me in SD to see if he would leave. He was a blue kirby now n he did leave which left the Peach who i wanted the most. B) Too bad a DDD entered n i had to deal with him with my green kirby. I *****ed him around n left cuz i got bored. The Peach/pink Zelda, i let you off easy, n if i see you again expect no mercy. B)

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Peach and the lucky Bob-omb pull

Just 15 minutes ago, my Peach plucked a lucky Bob-omb in Team Battle on Smashville early in the match for the quick double kill! Best of all, it was already an item-less match as I prefer things. Gotta love those moments.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
It's not nice to target bad players. How would you like it if you were a bad player and everyone targeted you?

Sephy95

Smash Lord
It's not nice to target bad players. How would you like it if you were a bad player and everyone targeted you?
I'd take the ****** n probably rage a bit? Fact is bad players who get ganged up on asked for it n are too stupid to not pick a fight. Most of them anyway. I actually want to be ganged up on. Sometimes I'll be crushing a bad player horribly n then a new guy attacks me cuz he probably sees me as a bad guy, having no idea why I'm ****** him. The guy was looking for a fight so I obliged him n gave him what he wanted. Most people don't get that, but I don't really care as long as I get a fight. I personally don't gang up on one player. I detest it. I may even help the guy just to get a fight. Keep in mind theres always a reason for something. I'm done rambling now...

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I love taunters assisting each other. It usually benefits yours truly, the crasher. I once saw a taunter MK who kept getting hit by his little girlfriend's Din's fire, and I finished him off when he was over the edge.

Top Bottom