• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
GGs to the White Kirby I fought as a Yellow Kirby. You're not half-bad.

So I started a match as Green King Dedede on Onett. I simply watched a Yellow Ness, a normal Peach, and a Golden Link fight until I got K.O'd (apparently unintentionally) by the Yellow Ness after dealing with Peach's Final Smash. After that Yellow Ness held a grudge against me for some reason, he taunted every time I got K.O'd, no matter who it was that K.O'd me. I easily beat everyone on The Bridge of Eldin in the second match using red/white Wario. The only other player who changed his/her character was a Green Ganondorf, who I fought more than anyone else. I went into Sudden Death with the Yellow Ness, and won as well. Kind of lucky hit and as I used Wario's Neutral-tilt right as he was about to use PK fire. I was just close enough the attack to hit him.

After that, we went to Rainbow Cruise (sigh) only character who changed that time was the Peach who then used R.O.B. (he/she was terrible lol. Just walked around the stage rarely attacking, occasionally using Robo Beam when far enough from everyone else) I was a green Sheik that time, but the Ness won this time. R.O.B. getting a pity Final Smash at the last second didn't help...

Another match on the Bridge of Eldin. Using green Pikachu, I managed to use my Final Smash to K.O. the Ness, but still lost thanks to another pity Final Smash, this time it was Ganondorf who got it. The R.O.B. also switched to Luigi.

Ness left after that, and on Final Destination, I used Kirby. Coincidentally, the Ganondorf switched to White Kirby that very match, and it would've been an epic rival battle... if the Luigi didn't use Super Jump Punch so much. (he actually managed to K.O. a few people with it) a normal Ike also joined, whom I joined forces with, but the White Kirby didn't attempt to attack him, nor the other way around. I'm kind of glad it went that way.

Last match was on Melee Pokemon Stadium, everyone had the same character except the Ike who switched Dark Link. Once again, potential rival battle ruined by Super Jump Punch spam...

GGs anyway White Kirby, shame we couldn't fight without having to constantly avoid (and eventually chase after) that spamming Luigi.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
In bb as tink kos beware

Whose gold ike / green snake is this? We fought on eldin and temple im the red pikachu / tink player

Ggs

This guy switched to white mk

Last edited:

kaazers

Smash Master
GG's to a Red Olimar yesterday who fought my…Tan Ike? Maybe blue? At first you, a randoms, and I took turns fighting all the hostile players who took the last slot before we had the chance to start some matches. Pretty sure you beat me for the most part although we hardly got a game in without some form of interruption! Anyway, you stuck out 'cause you were only the second Olimar I fought who seemed to know what he was doing. The last time was a year and a half ago. Also a Red Olimar… hmmm… wait. Haha. Also, you were surprisingly polite.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Just ran into a black Zelda, a dark mk and a default toon link on eldin, and final destination just then, only had 5 matches before the Zelda left but I saved the matches just in case it's someone from here.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Just got done with a tiny little online tourney, fourth place! ready to basic brawl now! Look for the green shell (:

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice

By the way, Path, were you DC'd from a room a few minutes ago as dark Link with a neutral Fox and green Jigglypuff on Temple? I was the neutral Falcon, if you were.

and god ****ing DAMN i sometimes see this (admittedly good) white peach who i KNOW i could take, but our connection is consistently awful and i always get huge amounts of input lag, so i'm never able to do anything against them but SD stupidly

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Is it that White Peach that does Free pulling and float cancel and glide toss and just does flashy stuff but also knows how to fight players and plays peach really good. If so, then I just saw that Peach and had a match with vs my White Kirby. She's fun though. I hope I find you Per and everyone else.

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
GYK, was this your white Kirby at Brinstar with a dark TL and dark TL?

aw i doubt it, now they're neutral lucas

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
GYK, was this your white Kirby at Brinstar with a dark TL and dark TL?

aw i doubt it, now they're neutral lucas
Nope... I was a Tan Ike in the beginning on Temple. Then a dc happened. Was fighting a easy Toon but lag made me mess up my buffers and all. I'm a White MK fighting a decent Wario with a troll Luigi and Diddy. Luigi green diddy purple. Now the troll is a Black TL and me and the green luigi are just watching now.

Edit: Who's the character you're playing with right now, Per?

Last edited:

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
Haha I just got hit by a snake's box into a bomb

Snake why didn't you go in sudden death

GGs Black Marth, I got booted out just now, too bad laggy G&W came in

I'm having so many good groups today xD This hacker is hilarious. Using the infinite waiting timer and seeing if everyone will leave hahaha

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
To Red MK: Learn how to play the game without top tiers. And no comment needed for noob dark Zelda/Peach helping him (despite lag).

To think that things would change after months of being away from this game. Then again, I knew it wouldn't, but it didn't hurt to actually come back. Idk why I'm back on considering the frustration I get from it.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Good to have you back AP. Basic MKs are easy though. Just read their Down-smash, grab them and throw them. Then just go after the other player. It's just that easy.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm only around to stay decently good to prepare for Smash4. My Pit does need to keep training after all.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
There is nothing wrong with you AP. You just hate High Tiers. Big deal! I hate WiFi but I still play it. Meh, just go with the flow I guess.

Basic Brawl is always dumb. I always just leave that room and go to another. Or, you can just wait for the last second of the timer and leave. Joey stopped coming here as well. He misses your Bowser and wants to play with you, but you told him your done with Brawl. Well, good to have you back!

I'll be on as a Red Donkey Kong. Hope to find some of you guys online.

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, I found Mr. Infinite Timer hacker again. Damn, why does this keep happening >.< It's gotta be the same person though

Edit: yeah 15 minutes is too long, he's probably at school or something and left his game on lmao

I swear to god I've seen this Mario for the fourth or fifth time now. The most annoying playstyle ever for a noob jeezus and I keep finding him -> LMAO props to the bowser in that 1v1 sudden death, awesome ledge chasing haha

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I know what you mean Kandy. I always find him. You'd think after a combo video beating he'd stop trolling or even worse play at that time... I don't know, I know he's a hacker, hackers always play noobish like that. No I'm sure of it, he's a hacker that wants to get under people's skin. Just be Sonic and troll him back. He'll leave mark my words. Who's the most annoying character that invovles WiFi lag and speed with that easy to play Spin Dash? ... Nope still don't know.

Good games to a Green Luigi, step dodge to jab can be Sdid... So... Stop abusing it. XD

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
Double jump, no fastfall into aa, roll, dsmash. -> dash attack, dsmash. Every damn time.

Oh you think it's easy to get out of?Try no projectiles, with wifi, and boom, he rules the basic brawl empire

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Double jump, no fastfall into aa, roll, dsmash. -> dash attack, dsmash. Every damn time.

Oh you think it's easy to get out of?Try no projectiles, with wifi, and boom, he rules the basic brawl empire
I used DK bro. He got styled on.

One Jab to grab to a lift up forward air, I did a short jump to scare him and I did, then I used my second to a back air, then a down air spike to the ground, reads his roll with DK's Head butt and I charged a Forward Smash after that. He's easy believe me, read his rolls. They so easy and he actually has a pretty good Metaknight. He Nados, Up air Shuttle Loop, Down Smashing. That's all he does... Lord e's such a troll.

And I never used Sonic, I'm just typing to you If you can't out troll him to use Sonic.

What are the characters you even use the most Kandy? I always find a Blue Pikachu that sometimes does cool tricks and the other spamms Thunder and Down Smash... XD Is that you?

He rules Basic Brawl? XD Ha ha! I've played Basic brawl since 2008 and I've fought everyone you guys type about. I beat them all, of course there's always a surprise of that one person playing ordem and never plays again. I use to find this amazing Black Lucas (back when I played Yoshi). Me and him would go so hard players watching would just leave us be and they would mess around with the other person. Now, basic is meh, compared from two years ago. Smashking even stopped coming to Basic Brawl.. Sad.. And I yet seek to find Zan and his good friend Kir something. I don't remember if I ever found you or not. Meh, Basic is Basic I suppose.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I can't edit... Weird... I'm not being aggrogant or anything like that, I'm just always baffled why everyone complains so much about Basic Brawlers. Even AP loses to them? Do I just think differently when I brawl or something? Either way, they're easy. =O

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
I don't visit this thread much anymore but uh.. ggs to a dark Falco/neutral Snake. I was the mobile green Zelda. I can only remember being on Temple and Eldin. Was fun until some noob came in and interrupted our friendly 1v1. I think I also whipped out my red Marth a few times.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Doesnt it bother you when there is always that one guy (usually a noob) in your room trying to help, but instead the whole time is just getting in your way when you try to body/style on someone else. OMG, just let me kill him, dont run in with a dash attack!!!

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Doesnt it bother you when there is always that one guy (usually a noob) in your room trying to help, but instead the whole time is just getting in your way when you try to body/style on someone else. OMG, just let me kill him, dont run in with a dash attack!!!
That reminds me of something I saw last night. I was kinda just standing back watching this Snake fight the noob that entered our room along with a pink Zelda. Literally all she did the whole time was spam Din's at the noob TRYING to hit him but instead hitting the Snake, apologizes, proceeds to hit him, and the cycle repeats. Then whenever I would jump in and start fighting, the Zelda would run into the fight, grab me, throw me away from it, then apologize to me. Apparently she didn't want me to fight and all she wanted to do was spam Din's at these guys. She was one of those 'I have no idea what I'm doing' Zelda's. Sooo many of those.

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
Every time Gohan... every time.

The only interesting thing that happened today was how I stayed with only one other player for over 10 matches, so for half an hour it was just us, and only 2 or 3 times did we have cpus as well. So we had about 10 matches where it was just us, and we usually 1v1'd or tried to win a grab war xD It was fun

And GYK I use Claus Lucas and blue Kirby primarily, however I will also play as Daisy-Peach, blue Ganon, red Sheilda, and red Pika for the most part if I'm not Lucas or Kirby

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I met the guy who uses the infinite practice room timer thing, like 5 times....in a row......

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Nah, that's fine thread. Stop giving me notifications. That's cool...

And I get that guy every night. It's just... why does he do this D:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Who knows? But it's really annoying when it shows up. I wish there was a way to kick people off in the waiting room.

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
I've never gotten anyone using the infinite timer hack. Kind of hilarious how that's an actual thing that exists. Apparently there's another hack that forces a player to be a lone Ice Climber.

The weirdest thing that ever happened to me in Basic was when a match with me, another player, and two CPUs went into SD. The other (human) player and I KO'd each other, so we were left waiting for one of the bots to win. About ten or so seconds before the one CPU scored its winning hit, the game suddenly started running at, like, 1.5x speed, bots included. I saved the replay, and to this day, if you watch it without pausing, it still glitches out and speeds up at the end. For what it's worth, the CPUs were Snake and Wolf, and the stage was Brinstar.

in more relevant news, i'm getting on basic now as captain fabulous (pink falcon)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
*insert another "Learn how to play without top tiers" thing here* And that's towards the Dark MK earlier.

Top Bottom